ADVERTISEMENT

What team(s) do you hope implodes this season (not the obvious)

Harvard Gamecock

May 5, 2014
Clemson is a given, so let's just assume that's on everyone's list

UGA - Living in the Atlanta area and having to listen to their insufferable fans is unbearable.
UF - I hate, HATE UF. Even more than you know who
OSU - Just tired of them
Penn St - I just don't like them, and this predates the Sandusky scandal

It’s still Clemsux LOL.

If I had to choose another it would be Georgia. The Leghumpers are obnoxious and when they are in the Belk Bowl life is good.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Florida with UGA a close second. Actually I wish all of the SEC east would implode, I don't like any of them, even the Commonwhores
Tennesse they really like to flatter themselver
Kentucky those one tooth wonders think they are the bar for college football
Clemson of course. THEY SUCK AND THEY ALWAYS WILL!! Dirtiest program along with Alabama, Auburn, Ohio State and of course North Carolina.

Clemson for obvious reasons
As for professional? The Ravens—I’m a Browns fan; and I’d love for that to happen to them. My team is the KING of imploding (haha)

Texas A&M and Kentucky. I am assuming that Miami and Florida State has reached the Imploded status, but it would not hurt to see a little more imploding happening to them.

FSU again . Just because I live in the panhandle surrounded by Noles fans and its hilarious to watch them freak out . Pros gotta say Tampa Bay . Didn’t like them before Brady and Gronk but now I got an even better reason . Anybody willing to wager that the patriots still win more games than the Bucs ??

No one. I like our rivals to be competitive. I’d rather beat a good Georgia team then a bad Georgia team. Although seeing fans of rival teams meltdown over their team imploding can be entertaining. It’s not funny at all when it’s your team though. We imploded and are still kind of in that boat. So I don’t wish for any team to implode.

Clemson, UGA or Tennessee though.

The unholy triumvirate is Clemson, UGA and Ohio State.

UGA because I too live down here in GA.

Ohio State because I too live down here in GA within an hour drive of HHI, and so do 2.1 million Ohio State fans running around with Salt Life stickers.

I hope they all implode, deplode, self-destruct, collapse, buckle, sag, disintegrate and all those other words on Thesaurus.com.

I don't know if LSU will implode but they will drop off drastically. They were gutted by the draft and lost the key to their offensive play calling.

I hate Ohio State and Oklahoma, but as long as Clemson is good and we can’t do anything about it, I want those teams to get better in hopes they can keep Clemson from winning a bunch of Titles. Ideally, we get better and knock them off.

We need Florida and Georgia to fall apart. Not only fall apart, but we get some of their guys. Recruiting in Atlanta will likely only get more difficult for us in the future with Ga Tech actually moving away from the option. It’ll take time for them, but they might land a player or two we’ve gotten in the past.

Teams we need to falter:
- UGA
- Florida

Teams we need to stay down:
- UNC
- Tennessee
- Ga Tech

Texas A&M and Kentucky. I am assuming that Miami and Florida State has reached the Imploded status, but it would not hurt to see a little more imploding happening to them.

I don’t like FSU but I see them as the only school that can truly challenge Clemson in the ACC. I’d be fine if they’d steal some players from UF and win more games. I’d rather hate them while winning than have Clemson continue to have this easy path to a playoff every year.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
I don’t like FSU but I see them as the only school that can truly challenge Clemson in the ACC. I’d be fine if they’d steal some players from UF and win more games. I’d rather hate them while winning than have Clemson continue to have this easy path to a playoff every year.
I understand your thinking. Lately, clemson has been scheduling one other team from the SEC for their out of conference (ooc) schedule. My hope would have clemson lose to South Carolina or to another ooc team while also clemsoning to Wake Forest, NCSU or Boston College or clemsoning in the ACC title game against Virginia, VPI, Georgia Tech. That scenario should keep clemson out of the playoffs.

I will pull for Florida State against clemson, but I do not want to see Florida State improve their football program. Too many bad memories of When South Carolina played Florida State in football. Seems like they were all lopsided defeats with the exception 1984. For some reason South Carolina did not play Florida State in 1987 in which South Carolina could of possibly beaten them that season.

FSU again . Just because I live in the panhandle surrounded by Noles fans and its hilarious to watch them freak out . Pros gotta say Tampa Bay . Didn’t like them before Brady and Gronk but now I got an even better reason . Anybody willing to wager that the patriots still win more games than the Bucs ??

I dont get the FSU thing. One of the main reasons Clempson is on such a roll is because they literally have zero competition in the ACC. If FSU was still elite, it all might be different as it was back when FSU was really good. No program in America has benefited more from a mediocre conference than CU. Va Tech, Miami, FSU all have been unusally bad during this current Clempson run.

I dont get the FSU thing. One of the main reasons Clempson is on such a roll is because they literally have zero competition in the ACC. If FSU was still elite, it all might be different as it was back when FSU was really good. No program in America has benefited more from a mediocre conference than CU. Va Tech, Miami, FSU all have been unusally bad during this current Clempson run.

As much as I hate Clemson, I’d go as far to say no team has had as much to do with FSU’s collapse than Clemson. It’s almost if Florida State Football moved about 6 hours north. Then Clemson was able to get a few key players from Georgia. Once they started winning 10 games every year, they really didn’t need players from the state of SC other than the blue chips.

For FSU, Miami, and even Florida to get back to championship level, they got to keep those guys at home. Too many top players going to Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia. Since we play Florida, I’d prefer it be Miami or FSU.

FSU would be ideal because they are not only in the same conference, but in the same division as Clemson. I don’t like any of those 3 schools, but I despise Clemson. What would be the worst case scenario for them is what I pull for. Worst case is we beat them annually. Obviously, that’s my 1st choice. But 2nd would be for FSU to just get good again, even if they are probably the team I like the least of the Florida schools.

Last edited:

UGA - Living in the Atlanta area and having to listen to their insufferable fans is unbearable.
OSU - Just tired of them
Tennessee. I HATE UT, was unimpressed with them last season, I think they lost a lot more than people are talking about and I want to see them flop big time after all the chest thumping this offseason.

Texas A&M. I can't stand em, and if you lived among their fans, you wouldn't be able to stand them either. Their fanbase is even more of a cult than clemson's, if you can believe it. Unreal how we've had chances against the Aggies over the years, but have come up empty every time.

Texas A&M. I can't stand em, and if you lived among their fans, you wouldn't be able to stand them either. Their fanbase is even more of a cult than clemson's, if you can believe it. Unreal how we've had chances against the Aggies over the years, but have come up empty every time.

we definitely need to beat them sooner than later. I hate our series started with them at the beginning of our downfall. Wish we played Ole Miss every year from the West instead of A&M.

UT. But I don't think that, if it happens, it will have anything to do with us. UNC, to refute the idea that Brown has done more in one year than our man has done in four. I don't think the idea that they are ahead of us will be debunked.

OSU - Just tired of them

I am cool with your list, but Rocky bottom belongs between UghA & FU, Bama just ahead of tOsu, I'll give James Franklin a little bit of a pass considering what he walked into, but I usually only pull for the state college against tOsu. NotraDame & SoCAL should be considered too.

Vanderbilt and Iowa are about the only "likes" I will issue outside of the GAMECOCKS

I am ball parking we have effn Rocky Bottom in over half these posts.

It's not enough, Kinda like the blue schools in basketball (its almost charming when they win FB games), Orange schools as a whole are the worst, and its boarderline debatable that T could be more irritating than Clemtech (Dabo might make up the gap), but this string is just bringing out the ugly of the ugly. I want T back in the coaching blender search & WHO ever doesn't fall through the strainer gets the job.......... JEFF & KING I feel the anger right now it feels good, but we have over 3 months to get this war started. START CAMP !

Reactions: AsTheCockCrows
I don't know if LSU will implode but they will drop off drastically. They were gutted by the draft and lost the key to their offensive play calling.
We shall see. They may not be near as good as this last year, but they are always a pretty good team. They are my #2 team because my wife is from La and is a huge LSU fan. I just wish we could beat them - just once - so I could reign in blood for one year and harass and mock her family like they have me for 20 years now!

We shall see. They may not be near as good as this last year, but they are always a pretty good team. They are my #2 team because my wife is from La and is a huge LSU fan. I just wish we could beat them - just once - so I could reign in blood for one year and harass and mock her family like they have me for 20 years now!
They had all the right people together last year and that is what it takes. They will be pretty good, but who knows when they will have all the right people together again? It isn't likely to be soon.

As much as I hate Clemson, I’d go as far to say no team has had as much to do with FSU’s collapse than Clemson. It’s almost if Florida State Football moved about 6 hours north. Then Clemson was able to get a few key players from Georgia. Once they started winning 10 games every year, they really didn’t need players from the state of SC other than the blue chips.

For FSU, Miami, and even Florida to get back to championship level, they got to keep those guys at home. Too many top players going to Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia. Since we play Florida, I’d prefer it be Miami or FSU.

FSU would be ideal because they are not only in the same conference, but in the same division as Clemson. I don’t like any of those 3 schools, but I despise Clemson. What would be the worst case scenario for them is what I pull for. Worst case is we beat them annually. Obviously, that’s my 1st choice. But 2nd would be for FSU to just get good again, even if they are probably the team I like the least of the Florida schools.

I am not so sure because I think FSU

I think FSU's slide started in the bowl game at the end of 2014 when they got hammered by Oregon. It is stunning this program has not been ranked since the first game of the 2018 season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT