ADVERTISEMENT

What was the worse game you ever witnessed at WB

gamecox4982

Nov 16, 2004
Mine was Marshall - I still believe to this day that there was point shaving going on at this game.

We were actually 6-1 going into that Vandy game (#6 in the country). Only loss was to then #2 LSU in Baton Rogue. Think we threw 3-4 picks in the first half against Vandy
You're right. That was wet LSU game was where Jasper Brinkley injured his knee. Never was quite the same.

Last edited:
Losing to Pacific, Furman, Citadel (2x). Can't recall all of the years. The ability to forget is sometimes a beautiful thing.

I think it was 1989 against Clemson. 38-0. We looked like a high school team on the field with them.

Reactions: TigerINtheBORO
Navy, Morrison had already agreed to play Nebraska for the National title, all they had to do was win the game.

joplin gamecock1Member
My bad,even though the Navy game wasnt at WB, it still sux rotten eggs to this day

Did you know that originally, that game was scheduled for WB? Marcum switched it, because that was an 8th home game. Wish it had been played at WB, because I don't think the crowd would have allowed the team to be so...FLAT.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
There have been several including both Citadel losses, any loss to Clemson at home, Vandy loss at home, Texas A&M in 2014 b/c it brought an abrupt end to our 4 year run but the worst of all will always be the 2003 Clemson game just ahead of the 1989 Clemson game. I was so disturbed at the 2003 Clemson game I almost got into an altercation with several Clemturds. Closest I ever came to being arrested in my life. Clemturds bring out the worst in all of us.

joplin gamecock1Member
My bad,even though the Navy game wasnt at WB, it still sux rotten eggs to this day

Did you know that originally, that game was scheduled for WB? Marcum switched it, because that was an 8th home game. Wish it had been played at WB, because I don't think the crowd would have allowed the team to be so...FLAT.
I didn't realize this. If Navy was a home game in 1984, we likely win and then play for the national championship in the Orange Bowl against an Oklahoma team that couldn't find it's way out of a card board box that night. That means we'd likely have a national championship in football. This makes me sick to think about it.

Florida in late 90's when Spurrier was still there. Beat us about 60-7 and it was freezing with about a 20-30 mph wind. Misery....

The worst game I went to at WB was the win over Bama in 2010. I drank too much tailgating and was too f'd up to enter the stadium. I fell asleep in the van and woke up late in the 4th quarter. Why the hell I couldn't have done that at one of the Citadel losses instead is beyond me.

Were you this guy, lol.
giphy.gif

I think it was 1989 against Clemson. 38-0. We looked like a high school team on the field with them.
Yes that was my pick as well. I think you shorted them a TD but who's counting. I think Demasi started and by the 4th quarter the waterboy was in there.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
2002 vs Arkansas

Underrated bad game, we threw pick after pick, Jenkins and Kimrey and just set them up on our side, Matt Jones got us again, I was in the upper deck and Pinkins came in late and i remember you could tell if he was going to run or pass by how wide his feet were when he received the ball. Also i thought we burned Jabari levy's red shirt that game, that he played a bunch and of course we never won again that season and it was a waste, but i could be mistaken.

That Arkansas team did go on a roll to the SEC championship before being curb stomped by UGA.

0.jpg

Auburn game the year after Cam Newton , 2011 I guess , Garcia looked like he was shaving points. That game got to me.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Easily, Pinnock fumble at the goal line against UGA. I believe that was the same game where Pollack stripped Jenkins in the end zone, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
We were actually 6-1 going into that Vandy game (#6 in the country). Only loss was to then #2 LSU in Baton Rogue. Think we threw 3-4 picks in the first half against Vandy
That was a total waste of a game. Was Smelly the QB? I didn't think we belonged at number 6 in the nation myself.

Easily, Pinnock fumble at the goal line against UGA. I believe that was the same game where Pollack stripped Jenkins in the end zone, but I could be wrong.

Yes same game, lightning delays, wet, i was really pissed off after that game and not beating UGA 3 years in a row, and making up for the Virginia debacle,

Thats is my # 2 worst game at WB

586303.jpg

I would say maybe '01 vs. Florida when Sexy Rexy Grossman was there QB and they had Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell as their WR. Those two guys were WIDE open all night long. Florida never punted in the game, they scored on every possession except running out of time in the 1st half and kneeling it down in the second half.

A close 2nd would be maybe '03 or '04 vs Alabama. It was when Shula was their coach. They completely road graded us for over 300 rushing yards, and I dont think any carry was longer than about 5 or 6 yards. They just physically abused our defense, they should have been arrested for assault on our D line.

Yes same game, lightning delays, wet, i was really pissed off after that game and not beating UGA 3 years in a row, and making up for the Virginia debacle,

Thats is my # 2 worst game at WB

586303.jpg

Earlier that day it was hot as Hades. I distinctly remember walking out of that game, because after all the rain, it had basically become a wet t-shirt contest. Every girl wearing a t-shirt, specifically white, had her arms folded across her chest. I was there with my ex who was a UGA fan. That did not help. There was a guy sitting in front of us who was an ex-UGA lineman. Out of nervousness, he bit off, chewed up and spit out an entire, large, plastic drink cup during the course of the game. I've never seen anything like it.

Reactions: Gradstudent
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT