ADVERTISEMENT

What was thrown on the court?

nikolas22

Dec 2, 2013
What were the fans throwing on the court? I didn't think our fans would do that. On tv, I didn't see anything thrown.

This post was edited on 1/24 8:33 PM by nikolas22

1 sandstorm towel.
I'm guessing it accidentally slipped out of someone's hand about like that air pressure accidentally slipped out of those footballs.

Originally posted by martwing:
1 sandstorm towel.
I'm guessing it accidentally slipped out of someone's hand about like that air pressure accidentally slipped out of those footballs.
Well, find the student on the first row who no longer had a towel in hand. It was him. Those things don't go far when you throw them.

yeah, and then they said if anyone else throws anything on the court it will result in a technical foul for carolina.....if i were a kentucky fan, i would have started hurling all kinds of trash....how do u prove who threw it?....do the refs go to the video monitor

Originally posted by uscbeckham:
Originally posted by martwing:
1 sandstorm towel.
Well, find the student on the first row who no longer had a towel in hand. It was him. Those things don't go far when you throw them.
Yep, it was down near student section, and barely made it to the floor. It was after a crappy call while they were lining up for a free throw, so no danger to anyone. Stupidest part was officials announcing that if anything else hit the floor, it would be a technical on us......with thousands of KY fans there, how could they tell from that point forward who threw it?

Originally posted by nikolas22:
What were the fans throwing on the court? I didn't think our fans would do that. On tv, I didn't see anything thrown.

This post was edited on 1/24 8:33 PM by nikolas22
No surprise here.

Originally posted by usaguy40:
yeah, and then they said if anyone else throws anything on the court it will result in a technical foul for carolina.....if i were a kentucky fan, i would have started hurling all kinds of trash....how do u prove who threw it?....do the refs go to the video monitor
I thought the exact same thing, I kept waiting to see a kentucky fan throw something on the court just to get a tech. And yea it was just one towel after a questionable call.

Originally posted by Palmetto1984:

I thought the exact same thing, I kept waiting to see a kentucky fan throw something on the court just to get a tech. And yea it was just one towel after a questionable call.
Fella sitting behind me ask if it would be ok for UK fans to throw ( which they would not) something on the floor as the only think the PA guy said regarded Carolina fans throwing objects on the floor.

Originally posted by uscbeckham:
Originally posted by cockhornleghorn:
I saw 1 towel.
A towel? One towel was what the fuss was all about?

It had to be more than that. Right?
I sit low down in section 109, right next to the student section in 110, and all I saw was a towel and then Michael Carrera motioned for them to stop.

Originally posted by Palmetto1984:

yep......how do u catch that....how do u know whose pulln for who

I also wondered when I saw it happen and they made the announcement...**

GOCOCKS! BEATTAM! BEATLSU!

This post was edited on 1/25 5:53 AM by chick75

Re: I also wondered when I saw it happen and they made the announcement...**

Best thing about was Carrera turning to the students and telling them no more after the first one or there would probably have been a lot more. He did that before the announcement. Something I did notice throughout the game is the refs let Kentucky be a lot more physical than other teams. If the refs had called this game like the ones that called the Alabama game, there would have been 100 plus fouls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT