ADVERTISEMENT

What will be the toughest game on the 2019 schedule?

Toughest will probably be Clemson. Even when our offense was on fire, we couldn’t stop them. Bama offense isn’t quite as explosive as Clemson. Plus, being Clemson’s rival...we have their full attention.

I’d rank them as:
1) Clemson
2) Bama
3) UGA
4) A&M

Toughest will probably be Clemson. Even when our offense was on fire, we couldn’t stop them. Bama offense isn’t quite as explosive as Clemson. Plus, being Clemson’s rival...we have their full attention.

I’d rank them as:
1) Clemson
2) Bama
3) UGA
4) A&M
I think Bama is better than Clemson on both lines of scrimmage but Clemson has better skill position players.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Kentucky. Because we always count them as a win and they count us as a win. They have out played and out coached us plenty lately.

Tx am and Georgia are in our head too. Until we get a coach here that expects to beat them we will fall short and be happy with close games

Anyone that doesn’t involve NC, Kentucky , Missouri, Vandy , App State , UF and UT .

Not even close. UNC. An opening game against someone you are universally expected to beat, you know nothing about, and could prove dangerous. No upside here. Just need to survive.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
We could lose to App State. After Charlotte, I don't trust Muschamp to win any game against a team with any juice at all.
King, are you saying you are most confident about the UNC game? I get that they only won 2 games last year, but they will be jacked for that game with the best coach in their history back on their sideline. Put another way, if UNC were opening against UVA in Charlotte, I'd probably consider that game a toss-up.

I think we'll win that game, but I can't say with confidence that we'll beat any P5 team on our schedule until I see that we've put that Belk Bowl performance past us.

Not even close. UNC. An opening game against someone you are universally expected to beat, you know nothing about, and could prove dangerous. No upside here. Just need to survive.
I don't think that's our toughest game, but I would agree that it's the most important one not to lose. As you said, very little upside, but TONS of downside.

I don't think that's our toughest game, but I would agree that it's the most important one not to lose. As you said, very little upside, but TONS of downside.
OK. Let’s call it the Sphincter Game.

King, are you saying you are most confident about the UNC game? I get that they only won 2 games last year, but they will be jacked for that game with the best coach in their history back on their sideline. Put another way, if UNC were opening against UVA in Charlotte, I'd probably consider that game a toss-up.

I think we'll win that game, but I can't say with confidence that we'll beat any P5 team on our schedule until I see that we've put that Belk Bowl performance past us.
I'm not brimming with confidence in our ability to win any particular game against an FBS opponent, saving Vanderbilt.

And if we lose it you can kiss this season good bye. We need to exercise the Belk Bowl demons right away.

After the Virginia debacle, I don't want to see any hype videos or trash talking. I want to see them take the field like Tyson used to step into the ring.

This football team needs to earn some respect, so does Muschamp.

Until proven otherwise, you need to strike Kentucky from that list.

Very true . The Kentucky game will determine my “Level-of-Flip” Meter for the rest of the season !! Any Kentucky loss usually shifts my attention from Football to the Woods and the Water . Unfortunately I’ve killed a lot of nice deer and caught some big fish the last few years !! The deer and the Redfish and Trout are pulling hard for us this year .

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Until proven otherwise, you need to strike Kentucky from that list.

Very true . The Kentucky game will determine my “Level-of-Flip” Meter for the rest of the season !! Any Kentucky loss usually shifts my attention from Football to the Woods and the Water . Unfortunately I’ve killed a lot of nice deer and caught some big fish the last few years !! The deer and the Redfish and Trout are pulling hard for us this year .

A 5 lb. Speckled Sea Trout on topwater beats the hell out of watching us get stomped by Virginia.

Toughest as in least likely to win? I don't know, I'd probably go with the defending national champions who beat us by 3 TD last year, won the national championship game by 30, and have the best player in the country.

But that was a moral victory for us last year remember because we threw it around some.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT