ADVERTISEMENT

What will it take for Elliott to win the job ?

Zarlot532

Sep 8, 2004
I think it's going to be very tough for him because I think he's going to have to win against either Florida or Tennessee AND against Clemson.

I don't see that happening so I don't think he gets hired as permanent hire.

go 4-2 with clempson win and bowl win. Otherwise, clean house. I do think that the coaches will work their butts off on the field and recruiting trail in order to rebuild, but I don't know if it will be enough. Go Cocks!

Reactions: gamecock ed
Elliott may have fire and passion but at the end of the day he can't do everything on both sides of the ball and thats almost what he would have to do.

At the end of the day Spurrier fired himself for letting us get into this mess. Elliott will simply manage it to an end.

He has the same players that SOS had and the same staff in place.....We still have a lack of talent issue and simply don't have the coaching talent necessary to develop the kids we have.

By some miracle he goes 7-0 then you almost have to give him serious consideration but 7-0 ain't about to happen....If it was SOS would still be the HBC

Surprised I haven't heard anything about this today but apparently the job was first offered to Mangus and he turned it down......Who knows what the truth is and at this point it really doesn't matter.

I like Elliott and wish him well but in the end there isn't enough gas in the tank to finish the race....

If his o-line had been dominant and our running backs were running wild and we were awesome on o-line maybe. But our offense didn't win the 11-2 seasons defense clearly did. This year we only have 544 yards total for our three running backs with no game up the middle. However he will probably bring that Appalachian state offense in now and we will see. But defense? Hmmm!

A miracle. Divine intervention. Working with a team that is not blessed with a tremendous amount of talent, and a coaching staff that will be concentrating on working the phone looking for jobs instead of being focused on the task at hand, is not a good combination to pull out any miracles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT