ADVERTISEMENT

What would you say

Cocky_11

Jan 31, 2014
To CH if he came up to you in public, would u bash him like this board does or would you be like hey coach, your doing good, don't listen to negative people.

To CH if he came up to you in public, would u bash him like this board does or would you be like hey coach, your doing good, don't listen to negative people.

I would tell him that I'm disappointed with the direction of the team, and that I hope he gets it sorted out. Because above all, I'm a Gamecock fan and I want them to do well. If that's with him or another coach, so be it.

I would tell him to HIRE a hitting coach that can relate to and teach the players. I would also tell him to get rid of the dufus coaching third base so he could pay the hitting coach. I would ask him to recruit contact hitters and limit his power hitters to 2 or 3. He should also talk to players going to or at the plate on occasion to remind them what they need to accomplish. Lastly, he needs to be a coach and not a friend of the players.

Reactions: yemacock
I would ask him does he have authority to make changes with his assistants? Doubt I would get a truthful answer probably because it is none of my business. Was he told to keep the staff when he was hired?

After he comes up to me, does he ask what I think about his baseball program? If so, I would be honest.
But, if he just randomly struck up a conversation in line at a grocery store, restaurant or church? I wouldn't express any opinion about his job. I find it both rude and ineffective to give advice or opinions to someone who didn't ask for them.

Reactions: rogue cock
I would not say anything rude...But i would knock him slap the bleep OUT!!:eek::eek::eek:

With the quality players that we will be losing at the end of this season, Crowe, Schmidt,etc, what will you be able to take to Tanner and convince him that there will be enough talent returning to be better than this season has shown to be so far this year?

In other words, tell him what you've done to deserve another year.

Concentrate on coaching baseball...berating the fans won't help you.

I would be polite and encouraging, after all, I can't fire him and he's hearing enough negative stuff so why pile on when he's down.

Newbie to the boards... have always read but never took time to post til now. I've met him. He's a good man. Does a lot to raise money for children's cancer etc. Obvioulsy he has had the misfortune of following a legend...no where to go but down. If I saw him again, as a Gamecock fan who wants to win, I'd say good luck.

What are you driving at? Because Chad is a nice and friendly guy doesn't make me feel any different about him as a coach. I'm sure when fans want any coach out there going to say something different on a message board than they would to the coach in person. Who on this board ever crosses paths with our coaches though?

I wouldn't be voicing my opinion because nothing would come of it. But I would like to know what makes him tick. So I'd ask him what are some of the things he looks for when evaluating possible recruits. I would like to think I could get a lot of info on him based on that question alone. Then I'd ask if a player was interested in going to USC and playing for him, what would be a good first couple of steps for that player to take. Maybe ask what travelball tournaments he attends. Then I'd ask for a job. J/K. I have forgotten more about the game than I'd like to admit. Age is not always pretty.

I would tell him that I hope the team is able to turn it around and make a run in the post season. Isn't that what we all want?

I would tell him that I hope the team is able to turn it around and make a run in the post season. Isn't that what we all want?
Unfortunatley, no. Some want the team to fail so they can be "right" about Chad and keep leading the chant for him to be fired. BTW, Holbrook's "Rant" at fans last week was directed at a couple of fans who were saying some pretty nasty things to Jonah Bride at the game. I get posting on message boards and being upset when team doesn't play well, but personal attacks on players? That's not what being a good college fan is all about.

Reactions: DaddyRooster
Unfortunatley, no. Some want the team to fail so they can be "right" about Chad and keep leading the chant for him to be fired. BTW, Holbrook's "Rant" at fans last week was directed at a couple of fans who were saying some pretty nasty things to Jonah Bride at the game. I get posting on message boards and being upset when team doesn't play well, but personal attacks on players? That's not what being a good college fan is all about.
I don't agree with it, but it has been going on for decades. Jay Philips acted today on 107.5 like this is something new.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT