ADVERTISEMENT

What Year Did You First Sign On To GCC?

BigWillieCock

Gold Member
Sep 14, 2007
I was talking to a college buddy today reliving some old times and GCC came up. We talked about having to share our one dorm room computer etc. circa 1998-1999 (I just know I was living on the Quad).

We laughed about how annoying the thread feed was in retrospect. Obviously we didn’t know any better then.

I also remember somebody put out a satire newsletter on football weekends. Can’t remember what it was called, but there was some funny stuff in there. Probably would not be possible in the PC culture of today. But funny nonetheless.

I was talking to a college buddy today reliving some old times and GCC came up. We talked about having to share our one dorm room computer etc. circa 1998-1999 (I just know I was living on the Quad).

We laughed about how annoying the thread feed was in retrospect. Obviously we didn’t know any better then.

I also remember somebody put out a satire newsletter on football weekends. Can’t remember what it was called, but there was some funny stuff in there. Probably would not be possible in the PC culture of today. But funny nonetheless.
Nov 18, 1998 for me.

Reactions: vacock#
11/30/98

I'd actually been on Shoe's board before that but that was the time that he joined rivals or some other migration happened, I forget what it was. Maybe it was Plano's page 3 until then.

Reactions: kawalski
Don't remember exactly but must have been late 90s. It's a lot of fun and sure beats trying to get sports info from a newspaper or a 5 minute segment on WIS-TV.
Used to have to rely on the Charlotte Observer for GC news. YUK! YUK! YUK! 🤦‍♂️😒🤦‍♂️
They were so anti-GC. If I remember correctly when NCS beat USC in the ACC championship game they showed a wolf with a dead GC in its mouth. Can you believe that? Just ignoring and even taunting their GC readers.

• Wow
Reactions: myrtlecock
2000. Shortly after we beat the 'Dawgs. I hung out on Dawgvent before that - that's where I cultivated an even greater hatred for the Redneck Leghumpers.

2006 after I graduated. I don’t think they even had the student gamecock club back then but I could be wrong.

Don't remember exactly but must have been late 90s. It's a lot of fun and sure beats trying to get sports info from a newspaper or a 5 minute segment on WIS-TV.
Used to have to rely on the Charlotte Observer for GC news. YUK! YUK! YUK! 🤦‍♂️😒🤦‍♂️
They were so anti-GC. If I remember correctly when NCS beat USC in the ACC championship game they showed a wolf with a dead GC in its mouth. Can you believe that? Just ignoring and even taunting their GC readers.
Newspapers could be the worst. The Sun news in Myrtle Beach at least had some pretty decent coverage. In 1998 I moved to Hilton Head for a couple years and I had to rely on the Island Packet. I'd grab a newspaper from a store or a box just for the one little paragraph buried somewhere most days.

2000 but I think I was on before that with a different name because I distinctly remember discussing the end of the FatBrad era.

I can’t remember when I joined, but the first time I used the website was 2006.
A friend of mine was trying to prank his school teacher who was a clemson grad by putting Williams Brice on her desktop. In the process he said he found 32 pages of clemson jokes on a website called gamecockcentral. We were dumb teenagers but got a lot of laughs out of those stupid jokes. Good times 😂

2003. I was a member on Russ' site, GamecockNation before bouncing around to some of the other sites, this being one of them. I mostly lurk here though.

My profile says 08, so I assume that to be right, but I thought I was around here prior. I know I was often on other boards like Cockytalk and GGC, well prior to that… but they don’t exist any longer.

I wish I could remember the credit card USC had years ago. I remember them having booths set up around the stadium trying to get you to sign up. I forget which bank it was through but I want to say it gave discounts for merchandise and other perks.

I wish I could remember the credit card USC had years ago. I remember them having booths set up around the stadium trying to get you to sign up. I forget which bank it was through but I want to say it gave discounts for merchandise and other perks.
FirstUSA. Got a free Carolina T-shirt if you signed up.

I know Alex Hamilton, Tom Paine, Scott Fitzgerald and others signed up.

Reactions: robertfootball

2021- I found this place two or three months ago by accident.

There was another one, “cocky talk”, that I was a member of for a long time up until 2014, when I got put on a 30 day time out for saying that I suspect Spurriers recruiting and player development was suspect. I never went back after that. I searched it when Mush took over but it seemed to have disappeared. I assumed there wasn’t enough interest in Carolina football/sports for their to be another active forum.

Last edited:
2021- I found it a month or two ago by accident. There was another one, “cocky talk” that I was a member of until one day it disappeared.

I assumed there wasn’t enough interest in Carolina football/sports to have a forum.
I hadn’t heard it disappeared. Wow.

First time 1998. Then got banned for a little bit. Changed my sig to match my boat while fishing tourneys in 2006.

ADVERTISEMENT