ADVERTISEMENT

What Year Did You First Sign On To GCC?

At least by 2001. I made several posts on 9/11/2001. It could have been as early as 2000 because my first user name was Carolina Freddie. But at least by 2001,

Last edited:
I

unless I’m typing the link in wrong.
Oh no, it disappeared. Lost their server for not paying or something. It was a free forum with limited traffic, low ad revenue and it costs to keep one going. Just folded as I understand it..

I was talking to a college buddy today reliving some old times and GCC came up. We talked about having to share our one dorm room computer etc. circa 1998-1999 (I just know I was living on the Quad).

We laughed about how annoying the thread feed was in retrospect. Obviously we didn’t know any better then.

I also remember somebody put out a satire newsletter on football weekends. Can’t remember what it was called, but there was some funny stuff in there. Probably would not be possible in the PC culture of today. But funny nonetheless.
You should recall the DPN during baseball season then....good times.

Sometime in the 90s. Plano, was doing a recruiting page or something and clued me in. Original name was trailblazer. We had a ton of DPN's back in the day....good times

I was talking to a college buddy today reliving some old times and GCC came up. We talked about having to share our one dorm room computer etc. circa 1998-1999 (I just know I was living on the Quad).

We laughed about how annoying the thread feed was in retrospect. Obviously we didn’t know any better then.

I also remember somebody put out a satire newsletter on football weekends. Can’t remember what it was called, but there was some funny stuff in there. Probably would not be possible in the PC culture of today. But funny nonetheless.
clicking on the 'v' under any poster's name provides the answer to your question

go cocks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT