ADVERTISEMENT

What's on your menu for Memorial Day?

JDishnell

Oct 23, 2019
Would kill for some good BBQ, but that's not a thing up here in the DC area.

Most likely some steaks on the grill for us.

Would also love some peach cobbler, but it's a bit early for peaches and can't get any good ones up here anyway.

Reactions: RickyRooster

We’ll do streaks as well. Bought about 50 NY Strips and 10 Ribeyes from a wholesaler when there was a shortage. I prefer ribeyes or filets, but the NY Strips are as good as I’ve had. The meat is really good quality. Unfortunately we had to freeze it, but it has still been really good. We’ve made a decent dent in it over the weeks.

We’ll probably have a sweet potato and some green beans to go with it.

Low country boil tonight.
Pulled pork tomorrow. Not sure about Sunday or Monday. Will be at the lake.

Reactions: gamecockfan04
Low country boil tonight.
Pulled pork tomorrow. Not sure about Sunday or Monday. Will be at the lake.

Low Country Boil sounds good right now! I haven’t done one of those in a while. Any suggestions on how to get it just right? I might do something like this when things get “normal” again.

Low Country Boil sounds good right now! I haven’t done one of those in a while. Any suggestions on how to get it just right? I might do something like this when things get “normal” again.

Im still a newbie with LCB. Only gonna be my 3rd time doing it myself.
I’m great at fish fries though.

Reactions: Carolina4
I am thinking about some Tai chili beef wraps. Also some beef empanadas. Mexican street corn and jalapeño cole slaw. Going to Whole Foods tomorrow to see what they have for the smoker, maybe a Boston Butt or a shoulder. My daughter is coming home from Memphis tomorrow, I told her to bring some ribs from Rendezvous.

Being on the lake during Memorial Day is pretty dangerous, no?

You got a gassy Mrs.?

tenor.gif

Grilling prime rib, chicken breast coated with mozzarella, jalapenos wrapped in bacon. Baked potato casserole!

You people are making me so hungry. I'm going to be limited as to what I can eat this Memorial Day since I recently had oral surgery but boy everything above sounds so great.

Would also love some peach cobbler, but it's a bit early for peaches and can't get any good ones up here anyway.

Well, 'cause I just could not resist...

I'ma do the things that I wanna do
I ain't got a thing to prove to you
I'll eat my candy with the pork and beans
Excuse my manners if I make a scene
I ain't gonna wear the clothes that you like
I'm fine and dandy with the me inside
One look in the mirror and I'm tickled pink
I don't give a hoot about what you think

Just sayin'!! (~_θ)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts