ADVERTISEMENT

What's the deal with our captains not shaking hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
I keep hearing this and several UK players commented on it. Anyone know what the deal is with that?

I've looked at the video on my phone, and I can clearly see DJ Wonnum refuse. Couldn't tell if the others did.

I was listening to the UK radio broadcast of the coin flip and evidently one of UK's captains stepped across the 50 (into USC "space") and offered his hand. The USC captains took umbrage with that and refused to shake the UK captain's hands. It then got a little chippy and the refs had to tell the boys to act like men. :(

Last edited:
I was listening to the UK radio broadcast of the coin flip and evidently one of UK's captains stepped across the 50 (into USC "space) and offered his hand. The USC captains took umbrage with that and refused to shake the UK captain's hands. It then got a little chippy and the refs had to tell the boys to act like men. :(
That is reprehensible.

We deserved to lose if we didn't have enough respect to shake their hand. Absolutely classless and embarrassing.

I hope Muschamp was not made aware prior to it happening. If he was, he should be fined by the university and/or SEC. If he wasn't, these jokers should never captain again this season. .

Last edited:
We deserved to lose if we didn't have enough respect to shake their hand. Absolutely classless and embarrassing.

I hope Muschamp was not made aware prior to it happening. If he was, he should be fined by the university and/or SEC. If he wasn't, these jokers should never captain again.

You start the game with a handshake, then go out and smash their faces in the game and at the end, shake hands; then kneel down and pray together...

I hope Muschamp was not made aware prior to it happening. If he was, he should be fined by the university and/or SEC. If he wasn't, these jokers should never captain again.

One of the captains was Deebo. That surprises me because great players usually don't pull that stuff. Now that he's out for the season (which is a damn shame), you might just get your wish. :(

Reactions: rojas and sadd66
One of the captains was Deebo. That surprises me because great players usually don't pull that stuff. Now that he's out for the season (which is a damn shame), you might just get your wish. :(
I heard 5-6 games. He would not be my captain when/if he returns this year. If he returns next year and has learned sportsmanship, I would give him a 2nd chance.

I wonder how Saban would handle this. But i cant see it ever happening at Bama in the first place.
Would never happen there. If it did, his players would be benched. I don't think he was but we are all assuming Muschamp wasn't aware prior to the game.

Reactions: sadd66
Didn't we talk junk to Clemson during pregame last year too? I mean, there's no excuse for bush leaguery, but if you're going to do it, at least don't get your butt kicked afterwards. Seriously, though, if this is going on, it needs to stop.

That embarrasses me as a USC graduate - I apologize to any Kentucky fans reading this . I didn't like BAW standing up taunting the visiting fans last game either - waving bye or whatever he was doing. These guys gotta grow th F up

Standing on a bench with over 10 minutes left showing your ass to the opposing fans ... That was bush league and refusing to shake hands another bs move

Reactions: Proudcock
FWIW, the majority of us (UK fans) know this is not representative of your state, your fan base, or your school. It is actually refreshing to see so many of you taking the stance you have regarding it and refusing to accept it. These young men represent so much more than they may realize when they put on a uniform that represents not only their teams, but a fan base, and an entire state.

We are not immune to it either. One of our players was caught on camera spitting toward fans in the stands last week. He was no where near close enough to actually hit them with it, but the act alone generated much the same response I am seeing from SC fans here.

Lastly, please do not think some of the classless comments a few of our "fans" have made represent our fan base either. We have a few chumps in our ranks as well, but the majority of us are actually good people, as are the majority of you. Best of the luck the rest of the way this year, and hate to hear about Deebo. Pregame actions aside, I hate for any young man to sustain an injury that takes his season away.

I just wanted to drop a line and say I am glad to hear that SC fans are upset by this. I thought it was incredibly bush league......personally, I don't think something like that happens without the head coaches approval.

Whatever I think about your coach, I have a ton of respect for SC fans. Truly envious of the atmosphere you guys display at home.

Our players found them so distasteful they even refused to tackle UK players. FWIW Langston Moore says it didn't happen that way until a UK captain started talking smack. At the coin toss.

Our players found them so distasteful they even refused to tackle UK players. FWIW Langston Moore says it didn't happen that way until a UK captain started talking smack. At the coin toss.
Langston is gonna sunshine pump no matter what. The fact that his excuse is "but they started it" tells me this program is minor league and not worth my money to support. I won't support a Miami Hurricanes type program here, Ray Tanner might but not me. Muschamp has already lost the team I think, I saw a lot of players acting foolish last night instead of playing. That falls on the coaches.

Muschamp is not a head coach. Fine man I suppose, knows the game, but an assistant is what he is. There's a reason he was supposedly a HCIW at 2 schools more prestigious than us football wise, but it was never gonna happen. Well 1 school anyway, and that school hired 3rd and long to be their HC. Is our new DC 3rd and long II?

Last edited:
Langston is gonna sunshine pump no matter what. The fact that his excuse is "but they started it" tells me this program is minor league and not worth my money to support. I won't support a Miami Hurricanes type program here, Ray Tanner might but not me. Muschamp has already lost the team I think, I saw a lot of players acting foolish last night instead of playing. That falls on the coaches.

That last part is spectacular (if true) especially considering, and I don't care who the opponent was, that this was a chance to be a program changing win when you look at the last 3 seasons. Welcome to Brad Scott circa 1998

Reactions: Proudcock
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT