ADVERTISEMENT

What's the deal with our captains not shaking hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't take this the wrong way but the problem with USC is the head coach. UK fans have been down this road. He is a cancer and your must remove the cancer to cure the patient. He did the same thing to Florida.

You have a young man who played on a team that won 3 games in 2015.. who played on a team that won 6 games in 2016....and with over 10 mins left and a 18 point lead is seen standing on a bench waving and blowing kisses to the Mizzou fans leaving.
Then this week captains refusing to shake hands at the coin flip.
Something is wrong with those pictures

I always find it funny that our players get physically whipped up and down the field both sides of the ball and then wanna talk smack and push and shove after the whistle . Hey I'm scared to tackle Snell but I'll fight after the whistle . Your right, Saban would LOSE HIS S&@&&t !!

Reactions: bayrooster
It was a colossal fail last night. I am upset with the loss..upset with the lack of toughness and outright pansy attitude that still displays itself when real hitting and tackling is needed. I am most upset that the university that I have loved for decades has a lack of leadership on it's team and that this punk behavior would come from them.

It is one thing to lose...it is another to be a loser. Last night our team were losers....and that is not acceptable to me nor should it be to anyone. People that act like punks do not go very far in life....never have and never will. I do not care if every player leaves..I do not care if we have to shut down the program...I do not want to see a bunch of low class thugs put on a display of their stupidity....that is not something I will accept.

I hope the players are punished for this and give a public apology for the unsportsman like behavior. No room for that childish crap.....and it should not be tolerated by universities that claim to be in the business of educating young people.

This pretty much sums it up for me. Well said.

It was a colossal fail last night. I am upset with the loss..upset with the lack of toughness and outright pansy attitude that still displays itself when real hitting and tackling is needed. I am most upset that a team that the university that I have loved for decades has a lack of leadership that this punk behavior would come from them.

It is one thing to lose...it is another to be a loser. Last night our team were losers....and that is not acceptable to me nor should it be to anyone. People that act like punks do not go very far in life....never have and never will. I do not care if every player leaves..I do not care if we have to shut down the program...I do not want to see a bunch of low class thugs put on a display of their stupidity....that is not something I will accept.

I hope the players are punished for this and give a public apology for the unsportsman like behavior. No room for that childish crap.....and it should not be tolerated by universities that claim to be in the business of educating young people.

Reactions: CUACC01
If you love our university the way that most of us do, last night had to be one of the most embarrassing displays of your life.

The coaches, the administration, the quality of play, the sportsmanship, etc. It was a total crapfest and might even set the program back further than we are right now. Shameful.

To think what the people in charge get paid to put that crap out is unbelievable.

The "they started it!" excuse from Langston holds no water with me. The fact that we allowed them to get in our heads is on us, not them. I know Langston gets paid to pump sunshine but he's wrong in this instance.

Langston Moore is a long way from being a sunshine pumper. I've heard him call out players and coaches on this staff and others on many occasions.Why should you shake somebody's hand that's trash talking? I applaud them for not taking the BS from Kentucky. Wish that attitude would have spilled over into the 4th and 1 situations that weren't converted.

Langston Moore is a long way from being a sunshine pumper. I've heard him call out players and coaches on this staff and others on many occasions.Why should you shake somebody's hand that's trash talking? I applaud them for not taking the BS from Kentucky. Wish that attitude would have spilled over into the 4th and 1 situations that weren't converted.

Yeah..our guys are talkers...and Kentucky got into their head.then. You don't run your mouth and you don't listen.....if that is the way you want to play then go somewhere else.

Reactions: Jpcooper
Langston is one of my favorite Gamecock players but he's wrong about this. He played in the NFL, he knows better than to claim "they did it too!". He knows you never allow another player or team get in your head and you don't have and show off like we did all night long (not just the coin toss). If we were so mad during the coin toss for being offended, then why the hell didn't we wrap up to tackle and hit people? Looked like a bunch of matadors out there at times. One of our players didn't even try to shake hands, so it wasn't all on Kentucky. If you stick your hand out and they don't shake it, fine that's on them. That ain't what happened though and we got our butts kicked for it. If I'm the coach they'd be running stadium steps this morning at 5am until the passed out from exhaustion. Then when they came to they'd run some more.

Reactions: Jpcooper and cocky4
If UK did start running their traps, then you give them a extra tight grip, look them in the eye and say good luck. Then go out there and hit somebody. They (we) embarrassed ourselves last night after the opening kick....except for Deebo's TD

We lost last night because of bad coaching, poor execution, and a kickers that could not hit the side of a barn. South Carolina is much better than they played last night, Kentucky is not as good as they looked last night. This was an embarrassing loss. I don't buy this handshake story one bit. Kentucky came out flat not energized. They fumbled the ball and threw an interception in the first few minutes. We gave this game to them on a silver platter.

Actually, Langston Moore said that UK players had words for USC's captains before the handshake. Refs had to break them up.
So they just got in our heads? The thing is the fans watching don't know that all they see is us not shaking hands. The ploy and talk worked.

Last year it was Clemson calling us racist names. This year it's Kentucky said mean things to us before the kickoff. I'm starting to think Muschamp brought a lot of soap opera drama with him. Do you also notice that whenever it's a bad loss they trot out some weird excuse? The two worse losses of the Muschamp era were Clemson and UK and coincidentally both games had crazy drama they didn't mention until after the game? I'm noticing a pattern here.

Actually, Langston Moore said that UK players had words for USC's captains before the handshake. Refs had to break them up.

Not buying it..... especially when you have a kid standing on a bench with over 10 mins remaining in a 18 point game blowing kisses and waving at Mizzou fans leaving.
....And the first game of the year, DJ Smith running his mouth...there is a pattern and Muschamp better get a hand on it.

Reactions: Jpcooper
Last year it was Clemson calling us racist names. This year it's Kentucky said mean things to us before the kickoff. I'm starting to think Muschamp brought a lot of soap opera drama with him. Do you also notice that whenever it's a bad loss they trot out some weird excuse? The two worse losses of the Muschamp era were Clemson and UK and coincidentally both games had crazy drama they didn't mention until after the game? I'm noticing a pattern here.

At this time, I'm in the Muschamp camp..but he better get a hand on this bush league crap.
Week one DJ Smith running his mouth....Week two Williams blowing kisses and waving at Mizzou fans.
....And on a lighter note: the embarrassing flop by Bentley looks bad

Not buying it..... especially when you have a kid standing on a bench with over 10 mins remaining in a 18 point game blowing kisses and waving at Mizzou fans leaving.
....And the first game of the year, DJ Smith running his mouth...there is a pattern and Muschamp better get a hand on it.

Yeah that type of stuff is embarrassing. Nobody that is worth a crap does stuff like that. That is a sure sign of a loser...talk and antics.

Reactions: Bluebell28

Langston Moore isn't going to lie.

They wouldn't shake their hands ? What kind of Bush league crap is that ? They were trying to play mind games with them or something ?Good Lord, thug life..i guess.
Since when did we show enough to play mind games with anyone? Can they not remember El Cid? Embarrassing to everyone associated with USC.

Reactions: cocky4
Langston Moore isn't going to lie.

No I don't think he would lie either....but it is more than this one instance...our guys try to talk a lot. Maybe that happens elsewhere...maybe their fans and administration allow it. I don't want it here...act like you have some sense in your head and represent the school with a little class.

No I don't think he would lie either....but it is more than this one instance...our guys try to talk a lot. Maybe that happens elsewhere...maybe their fans and administration allow it. I don't want it here...act like you have some sense in your head and represent the school with a little class.
Just about every team in the P5 talks a lot. It's not exclusive.

Keep telling yourself that. Kentucky is a lot
Better than you give them credit for. Sure, South Carolina missed field goals but that's part of the game. Kentucky executed its offense to near perfection hy taking the crowd out of the equation. South Carolina has won many games over the years because of the crowd. Don't take away from UK's play because you lost.. it's a bad look.

U play the brand of football our guys do not want to play because we are soft. Congradulations...your team is to be admired...hard nosed team.

There's truths and then there's half truths.... I'll go with the half truth.
The team is exhibiting some discerning episodes of classlessness on the field
At this point, they're just doing what everyone else does. They just happened to play poorly last night.

The "everybody does it remark" holds about as much water as a flour sifter

If true, this is unacceptable on so many levels. I'm about done with this pervasive punk mentality in our culture. It's why so many people have withdrawn from one another. It seems everywhere you look people have lost all sense of civility.

Unfortunately, it's not just the players folks. My wife and I have been doing the "house-divided" thing the past two years because we have a daughter at each school (me in USC gear, her in UK), yet two years in a row, the USC fans were pretty obnoxious. Last year, it was just a ton of taunting every time USC made a big play or UK made a bad one. But it was bad enough that my wife has had a chip on her shoulder ever since, telling everyone who would listen, "Those USC fans in Lexington were acting like redneck a-holes. They deserved to lose." I kept telling her it was just fans pulling for their team and that's typical at a football game. But this year only reinforced the perception as the following 3 things happened:
  • While waiting to enter the gate, fans started a chant and replaced the GAME-COCKS cheer with "KENTUCKY-SUCKs." Naturally, she rolled her eyes and said, "real classy."
  • During the game, a large port of the student section started chanting "F#ck Kentucky, clap clap...clap clap clap. F#ck Kentucky, clap clap...clap clap clap" which led to eye-roll #2, and a "your fans are jerks" comment.
  • Walking back to our car a USC fan screamed "F#ck you Kentucky, just go home" at a group of UK fans that were walking nearby us. At that point, she decided to fire back and said, "Yeah, we're going home with win. 4-in-row!"
I've been attending games for 32 years so I'm well aware that the banter from rivals fans is just part of the game and I've seen a lot worse than that. But just pointing out that the disrespectful attitude was not limited to the players. There were a ton of fans showing their ass too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT