ADVERTISEMENT

What's the story with no more contact w/ TMack by Martin?

We probably have someone else in the fold that has not been made public yet but coaches know about it. We only have so many spots and I think are at or past what we can take so with this all developing late, we had moved on. We dont want to be a Dabo and ditch someone just because we think we can get something better. We may have Ellison or Cook already as silent commit though and cant take anymore without booting someone else off scholarship. Thats my guess.

Frank and Tevin never seemed to be on the same page for some reason. I've heard speculation that some of Mack's disinterest stems from Carolina slow-playing him and being so late to offer. It was a curious decision by Frank to slow-play a Top 70 player (Top 50 in some recruiting services) who plays high school ball a few miles from our arena, it seems to have predictably backfired.

As for Ellison, St. John's appears to be the prohibitive favorite at this point.

The only other SG I'm aware that we're in the game with is Dikembe Dixson. He is planning to visit May 15. He looks like a good player, nice height, athletic, and the articles I've read say he has a nice motor. It sounds like he could thrive at Carolina if we can land him, but I haven't seen anything online about who his favorites are. At this point, all I know is that we're in the running with Arkansas, Alabama, Miss State, and Marshall. I also saw an article yesterday saying he'd received an offer from K State.

We really need to get a SG to hop on board. It's frustrating that our board at the SG position is thinning out when we had a stud SG recruit in our own backyard. Hopefully Dixson enjoys his upcoming visit and pulls the trigger.

Even if Frank and Mack were on good terms, it wouldn't matter. With only one player graduating and four incoming recruits already, there just plain isn't any room. We already need two players to transfer; the math just doesn't add up for us to take Mack, or anybody else for that matter. Our class for this year is pretty much done.

Anybody got any insight as to why Mack's Mom says Carolina is not talking to Mack anymore?
I just don't think we have anymore room for wing players. We can't put a team of nothing but guards on the court. Had we not taken the most recent guard commitment I think we would have been talking to him more but as it is we just don't have room for him.

Even if Frank and Mack were on good terms, it wouldn't matter. With only one player graduating and four incoming recruits already, there just plain isn't any room. We already need two players to transfer; the math just doesn't add up for us to take Mack, or anybody else for that matter. Our class for this year is pretty much done.
Actually, I don't think numbers are a problem. We already have room for at least 3 and maybe as many as 6. We still have some unknowns. We still don't know the outcome for Sheppard. Since he and Henry were suspended for the same thing and Henry has left, it would seem a real possibility that Sheppard may be gone as well. Blanton's future is still up in the air as well. With his injury, it may mean he is done as a player. That's a wait and see situation. Also, there is the situation with Theus. He plays very little and doesn't seem to be a factor for this team going forward, so it would not surprise me to see him leave as well.

Actually, I don't think numbers are a problem. We already have room for at least 3 and maybe as many as 6. We still have some unknowns. We still don't know the outcome for Sheppard. Since he and Henry were suspended for the same thing and Henry has left, it would seem a real possibility that Sheppard may be gone as well. Blanton's future is still up in the air as well. With his injury, it may mean he is done as a player. That's a wait and see situation. Also, there is the situation with Theus. He plays very little and doesn't seem to be a factor for this team going forward, so it would not surprise me to see him leave as well.
I suppose that's true. Theus has been expected to transfer for quite a while. Heck, I though he was gone after last year, then Ringer left instead. I guess I'm kind of banking on him leaving and Sheppard staying. If they both go, we will have room for one more (or we could give Steele a scholarship, seeing as he'll be a senior).

Reports have been very positive on Blanton, by the way. I seem to recall Martin saying that he felt ready to start practicing near the end of the season, but the coaching and medical staff made him sit to make sure he didn't re-injure anything. All indications appear to be that he'll be ready for summer workouts and will be back for next year.

I suppose that's true. Theus has been expected to transfer for quite a while. Heck, I though he was gone after last year, then Ringer left instead. I guess I'm kind of banking on him leaving and Sheppard staying. If they both go, we will have room for one more (or we could give Steele a scholarship, seeing as he'll be a senior).

Reports have been very positive on Blanton, by the way. I seem to recall Martin saying that he felt ready to start practicing near the end of the season, but the coaching and medical staff made him sit to make sure he didn't re-injure anything. All indications appear to be that he'll be ready for summer workouts and will be back for next year.

Ok, now it is official. Theus and Sheppard are not returning next year along with Henry. Just as I suspected the numbers will work out fine for incoming players.

Doesn't matter now since his Mom said he has dropped us from consideration. Sigh.
You can't get them all. We haven't made a post season tournament in years, what do you expect? Some are joking about Latvians or Lithuanians or whatever, the fact of the matter is, with the our program stands now we are LUCKY to be getting who we are getting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT