ADVERTISEMENT

What's up with the P&C and all the 'rasslin' articles?

bdblack

Mar 29, 2002
Do people in the 'Holy City' distribution area really want to hear about the legends of proFAKEtional rasslin? Geez, it's headlines every day in that rag, almost like it's real honest sports. If you squint really hard, you might find a Gamecock story buried in the small print, LOL.

Mike Mooneyham is a big name in the wrestling industry , or was and had a big hand in the wrestling articles run there years ago. I don't know if he still has his hands in the P&C but he did.

ESPN covers WWE like a real thing too. To the point of having featured interviews every Wednesday at one point.

Reactions: bdblack
Mike Mooneyham is a big name in the wrestling industry , or was and had a big hand in the wrestling articles run there years ago. I don't know if he still has his hands in the P&C but he did.

ESPN covers WWE like a real thing too. To the point of having featured interviews every Wednesday at one point.

I wouldn't trust ESPN to help me cross the street (if I needed it) even with two NYC cops following closely behind!

I think Mooneyham started writting wrestling aartickles for them back in 77. The crockett promotion was really popular in this state from the 50s up untill the late 80s . They ran 2 and eventually 3 shows a night from va.,n.c. and s.c with weekly shows in greenville,spartanburg, few times a month at the old township as well as several other cities twice a mont for over 30 yrs. I think every since Crockett sold out, people really miss those times and along with the new garbage that is wwe,people miss it even more.His colums remind people of a much happier time and have always been very popular not only in Charleston,but all over the country. I know i would rather think about a lot of those times than to think about all the garbage we read about every day in the news, particularly about the celebrities and atheletes we have today

I think Mooneyham started writting wrestling aartickles for them back in 77. The crockett promotion was really popular in this state from the 50s up untill the late 80s . They ran 2 and eventually 3 shows a night from va.,n.c. and s.c with weekly shows in greenville,spartanburg, few times a month at the old township as well as several other cities twice a mont for over 30 yrs. I think every since Crockett sold out, people really miss those times and along with the new garbage that is wwe,people miss it even more.His colums remind people of a much happier time and have always been very popular not only in Charleston,but all over the country. I know i would rather think about a lot of those times than to think about all the garbage we read about every day in the news, particularly about the celebrities and atheletes we have today

Thanks .... that does makes sense. I quit following Jim Crockett and 'rasslin when i figured out it was totally bogus (about age 9 or 10), but I agree that those performances and personalities back then were way better than that garbage today.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
At least back then,everyone knew the good guys from the bad guys and fans could cheer or jeer accordingly. But todays sports is missing that. There is no good or bad guys,they are all the same and both. Sadly,that speaks of all sports not just rasslin

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT