ADVERTISEMENT

What's your gut saying about the series with Arkansas?***

Arkansas is #1 for a reason, this will be a tough series. Glad we got them at home with an increased capacity. Hope the fans distract Arki as much as they did Florida and Mizzou!

Reactions: jweaks
Tough series. Being home will help. I'm thinking we lose series 1-2, but anything is possible. Our pitching has not been good enough to beat Arky more than one game, and the way our bats tend to disappear for long stretches doesn't bode well for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: redrogers
My gut says we come out and play loose with nothing to lose as a sure fire underdog. Im just not sure I'm going with my gut.
We may win three, we may not win any. Whatever happens happens and it's not the end of the season if we lose.

I believe weather is suppose to be bad on Saturday. I still think we win 2 of the 3. Bigger home crowd will definitely help our case!!!

Reactions: bflogger28
We don't hit at night. Idk. There's no telling. You just can't count out this team. The fans will help. Can't wait.

I think I saw the Arkansas catcher play last weekend. His arm was not good. I think that was in the UA/TAMU game.

Edit:

Lol. Arkansas' catcher is a preseason third-team All-American and was "rated as the “Best Catcher Arm” by Major League Baseball scouts".

Don't mind me. They did have 3 SB on him on Sunday.

Last edited:
Can someone explain what happened with the seating and tickets today? Did they open up all seats or every other seat? I heard something about going from 6 ft to 3 ft distance.

i say SC wins 1 game, Saturday.. Dont see them Winning opener.. and Considering they are 3-3 on Friday and 0-1 on Thursday, dont see them beating a REALLY good Arky team Friday..

I’m curious when Farr will change to Sundays?
He has not been on his game Since Vandy. However, whoever is possibly moved to Friday better pick his game up. They will be going against some potential top 3 round MLB players who won't be seen on a game 3.

Reactions: bflogger28
It is a tough call to make but I am excited to see how we play against them. It is going to be fun and nerve racking at the same time. It’s nice to be excited about one of our teams again. Of course WBB always rocks.

I think we take Sunday. I don't have the balls to go for more than that. However, we can afford to lose this series and have talent to take it to anyone.

Let's pitch like we've been pitching, have that good plate discipline and not go in a top to bottom slump. play above average D like we've been doing and see how we stack up! No silly stuff like the Braves Yanks last night where you get an unbelievable starter performance and give the game away on a walked-in run and a pass ball, got to score more than 1 run. I could see each taking an easy game and one tight game that a mistake wins or loses it. Would not kill us to see all three games very close with us at least winning 1.

Farr has to do better at throwing strikes and avoiding all the walks. Arkansas, I think, is very good in all offensive categories so limiting the free passes will be a must and will keep our Defense engaged.

Is it remotely possible that we are purposefully not throwing our best on Friday and essentially yield Friday so our pitchers match up +1 on sat and Sunday? Maybe that’s nuts but I’ve wondered cause we sure can’t win a Friday game to save our lives.

ADVERTISEMENT