ADVERTISEMENT

What's your thoughts on us landing Pickney

Ah, Newton! Barry Watson was our guy's name on the high school basketball team. He couldn't shoot, he couldn't dribble, or rebound - play defense ...fully half his passes sailed out of bounds but what he COULD do was FOUL ... strong, BAMB! 'intentional fouls' if you didn't know better.
Barry was sent into the game to 'take out' the opponents 'star', if possible. To 'provoke' him and if that didn't work to flat-out cream him the first time he had a chance on a layup he was certain to lay him out.

That's you, Newton. Dispatched for the sole purpose of trying to 'manage' banter on this page for this subject.

Your not a 'Carolina fan, you're a henchman. It's puzzling though, one thing ... you've posted at least half-dozen times just on this one thread yet your 'post count' registers 10 after every one of them.

Where ever he decides, if it goes 'your' way I hope Fidel fronts you some paint for your palace and a full bottle of Havana Club, you've worked for it.
SS!...remind me again which used car lot you worked at in Columbia!

Reactions: mplang
Not sure where I ever claimed I was a "Carolina fan". I simply posted facts on this topic that was started by someone else.

Don't you have another fiction novel to start writing??[/QUOTE]

" ... Don't you have another fiction novel to start writing?"

Sadly, just had a 'small' book rejected (non-fiction) ... "Tragedy On the Lake" is a novelette about an inexperienced group obsessed with a dream that knew little of where they were headed, yet blindly followed the trail laid out for 'em until their fate seemed hopeless ... at which time they turned on each other ... praying death would take their tent mate(s) - thus allowing them to at-least eat another day. All were consumed by fear and without prejudice, weaker men, women and children in the clan were all 'consumed' by the group's few survivors.

It's a tale about Clemson football fans I've known. The publisher, though quite complementary on the work pointed out two glaring deficiencies that are essentially 'un-fixable'; 1) it's a very obscure group to write about to begin with - with few, if any potential readers that might be able to relate in any type of sympathetic way, and 2) the 'Donner Party' story has already been told.

Good luck at 2 o'clock. Lane Kiffin would be so proud of your techniques if it turns out you do pull this off.
The guy is a very good football player.

Congrats Clemson. Right now he's a heckava' player. Coach him up and he could break Da'Quan Bowers sack record against the Gamecocks. Remember him? That best in the state, tops in the nation 5-star DL who was gonna' get drafted in the 1st Round but fell to the 2nd Round and is now 'walking around' - where? That part's not real clear.
I hope you train and treat this kid a little better. 'Member keeping 'quiet' 'bout Da'Quan's leg? It cost him DEARLY ... and we still smacked you all over the field.
I sincerely hope this young man has a sterling career 'cept for 0-4 against South Carolina. Good luck, son.

Congrats Clemson. Right now he's a heckava' player. Coach him up and he could break Da'Quan Bowers sack record against the Gamecocks. Remember him? That best in the state, tops in the nation 5-star DL who was gonna' get drafted in the 1st Round but fell to the 2nd Round and is now 'walking around' - where? That part's not real clear.
I hope you train and treat this kid a little better. 'Member keeping 'quiet' 'bout Da'Quan's leg? It cost him DEARLY ... and we still smacked you all over the field.
I sincerely hope this young man has a sterling career 'cept for 0-4 against South Carolina. Good luck, son.

Wow......what a shocker.......ss1 is making stuff up again. Either that or he is just really dumb.

I'll tell you where Bowers is "walking around".....it's starting for the Tampa Bay Bucs, he was released and then resigned with them this summer and is now starting for them again, as he has for years. Clemson must not have done too bad with him, considering he won the 2010 Bronko Nagursky award. (Award given to a player judged to be the best defensively in the NCAA) and the 2010 Ted Hendricks award. (Top defensive end in college football)
Same as Clowney.

Also, it's hard to go 0-4 against SC when he only played against them three times. He was 1-2 against SC. I know that's not that much better, it's just that ss1 consistently skews numbers and facts to make Clemson and their players look worse. He even makes up quotes out of thin air, and puts them in articles without giving a link.

Now I'm sure im going to get a perfectly punctuated upchuck of words in which ss1 will try to make himself look so smart, but actually end up looking like someone who has no life.

Hey, watch the Falcons play tonight, you'll see 3 Clemson question marks on the defensive line.

If you dont like what is being said,,, you can always go over to Taternet. You see Al Gore set up the Internet so you can browse to different sites. just put in wwww.taternet.com and you get all the orange kool ade you want. Just dont expect to get it here.

Wow......what a shocker.......ss1 is making stuff up again. Either that or he is just really dumb.

I'll tell you where Bowers is "walking around".....it's starting for the Tampa Bay Bucs, he was released and then resigned with them this summer and is now starting for them again, as he has for years. Clemson must not have done too bad with him, considering he won the 2010 Bronko Nagursky award. (Award given to a player judged to be the best defensively in the NCAA) and the 2010 Ted Hendricks award. (Top defensive end in college football)
Same as Clowney.

Also, it's hard to go 0-4 against SC when he only played against them three times. He was 1-2 against SC. I know that's not that much better, it's just that ss1 consistently skews numbers and facts to make Clemson and their players look worse. He even makes up quotes out of thin air, and puts them in articles without giving a link.

Now I'm sure im going to get a perfectly punctuated upchuck of words in which ss1 will try to make himself look so smart, but actually end up looking like someone who has no life.

If you dont like what is being said,,, you can always go over to Taternet. You see Al Gore set up the Internet so you can browse to different sites. just put in wwww.taternet.com and you get all the orange kool ade you want. Just dont expect to get it here.
I didn't say I didn't like what was being said. I was simply stating that 3 Clemson players will be on the Falcon's defensive line tonight. That's just a fact.

images

I didn't say I didn't like what was being said. I was simply stating that 3 Clemson players will be on the Falcon's defensive line tonight. That's just a fact.
Another fact, those 3 Clemson players are a combined 2-10 against the Gamecocks for their careers.

Reactions: USCProud

Same as Clowney.

Fantasy's right you looney putz ... Bowers was resigned for 1-year, NO GUARANTEE - he hasn't made the team yet, he was RELEASED unconditionally last year and there were ZERO takers ... he's singned at the absolute minimum the union permits for a player with 4-years ... he got those 'years' only because he was 'prepaid' (guaranteed) coming out of college ...

if you could read the 0-4 reference was addressed to today's signer not yesterdays wash-out ... Bowers college 'career' to me is reduced to one thing - WHAT did he do vs. South Carolina?

BOWERS NEVER HAD A SACK v. USC, ever.

Bowers stat-building v. your sorry schedule 'cept us is like firing a gun from point-blank range then having to step off 20 paces ... with the barrel in contact with the target you score a few 'bulleyes' but from 20-paces lots of time you can't even hit the hay bale much less bullseye.

google da'quan bowers and read an article written just yesterday ... it ain't NEARLY as glowing as your take ... Bowers 1-10 since the draft ain't even a 2.

If you sw hiim 'start' a pre-season game already this season THAT IS NOT a 'good' sign ... the 'starters' ain't playing but an occasional snap here and there - many of them throughout the league still haven't seen the field yet. They're TOO VALUABLE ... Bowers is out there with guys TRYING to 'make the team' - just like he is.

Reactions: Gamecockalypse325
Another fact, those 3 Clemson players are a combined 2-10 against the Gamecocks for their careers.

That's true, but to say Pickney is another "Clemson question mark" when Clemson continually puts defensive players into the NFL is strange.

Fantasy's right you looney putz ... Bowers was resigned for 1-year, NO GUARANTEE - he hasn't made the team yet, he was RELEASED unconditionally last year and there were ZERO takers ... he's singned at the absolute minimum the union permits for a player with 4-years ... he got those 'years' only because he was 'prepaid' (guaranteed) coming out of college ...

if you could read the 0-4 reference was addressed to today's signer not yesterdays wash-out ... Bowers college 'career' to me is reduced to one thing - WHAT did he do vs. South Carolina?

BOWERS NEVER HAD A SACK v. USC, ever.

Bowers stat-building v. your sorry schedule 'cept us is like firing a gun from point-blank range then having to step off 20 paces ... with the barrel in contact with the target you score a few 'bulleyes' but from 20-paces lots of time you can't even hit the hay bale much less bullseye.

google da'quan bowers and read an article written just yesterday ... it ain't NEARLY as glowing as your take ... Bowers 1-10 since the draft ain't even a 2.

If you sw hiim 'start' a pre-season game already this season THAT IS NOT a 'good' sign ... the 'starters' ain't playing but an occasional snap here and there - many of them throughout the league still haven't seen the field yet. They're TOO VALUABLE ... Bowers is out there with guys TRYING to 'make the team' - just like he is.
So SS1, how are those South Carolina 5* players doing in the NFL? I mean, neither of them were injured in college, and in turn, had their professional careers slowed or derailed. Injuries happen, and to blame Clemson for a degenerative knee condition is about as stupid as Clemson fans blaming South Carolina for Lattimore's injury. I mean, didn't Spurrier get after Clowney in his last year when he was playing through a sports hernia and busted ribs?

So SS1, how are those South Carolina 5* players doing in the NFL? I mean, neither of them were injured in college, and in turn, had their professional careers slowed or derailed. Injuries happen, and to blame Clemson for a degenerative knee condition is about as stupid as Clemson fans blaming South Carolina for Lattimore's injury. I mean, didn't Spurrier get after Clowney in his last year when he was playing through a sports hernia and busted ribs?
Bone bruise right tater?

Bone bruise U.

What I want to know is....Where were all of you Clemson F*gg**s the previous five years? This board is more than a year old. You'll be gone again in Nov.

What I want to know is....Where were all of you Clemson F*gg**s the previous five years? This board is more than a year old. You'll be gone again in Nov.
Sabbatical! I guess it was a coincidence that we were wondering where you guys were the previous century!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AsianOrange
New

Sabbatical! I guess it was a coincidence that we were wondering where you guys were the precious century!

Is T-Nut a century old?

Boy, the mods really let this place go. I'm not sure why I keep coming back. Like I've been saying, there's nips in the wire. Drop everything you've got directly on my pod. It's been a beautiful war.

Reactions: USCBIRDS
With what we have, Clemson will in fact crush us this year and next. If we get a coach interested in today's recruiting environment, then perhaps things might change.

National Defensive player of the year as a junior in all of Division 1 college football........ meh........... You're right..... he really never lived up to the hype.

This thread is supposed to be 'bout Clemson's newest DL commit, his future and prospects. The praise heaped on Da'Quan Bowers is undeserved but put me on the record as saying MY MAN!!! Vic Beasley is an awesome beast!!! ... the 'real deal' and (God, I hope he stays healthy) if so will be a future star for my Falcons.

Beasley WAS a 'pain in the a$$' playing for Clemson, he WAS good - and that quick so'bo caused a lot more trouble for the Gamecocks than Bowers or Adams ever did.

I've been an 'Atlanta Falcon' fan since they drafted Tommy Nobis as our MLB coming out of Texas and was a (then) screaming teenage fan 'in the house!!!' for the first game in Atlanta Falcon history. I 'like' the Panthers but I'm a Falcon fan more, thus ... I'm NOW a BIG 'Vic Beasley' fan - and I thought 'my man' Grady Jarrett did pretty good, too playing against the Jets.

These guys grow up and get kids and wives and their own lives and we only have 'em for a little while. When they get to be 'pro' I hope they ALL do well unless they're playing against my guys. And until they get traded (or hopefully, enjoy long, lucrative, successful pro-bowl careers for 'hotlanta) they ain't 'Tigers' anymore ... they are FALCONS ... and they look like they'll be dam* good ones to me, and I don't care if you disagree.

I hope ANY KID from the state of SC that signs to play college football has a productive career and makes it to the pros if that's his goal in life. If he plays for somebody other than the Gamecocks, especially Clemson - then h*ll no, I hope he lays a brick against us. Otherwise, my very best wishes ... forever.

This thread is supposed to be 'bout Clemson's newest DL commit, his future and prospects. The praise heaped on Da'Quan Bowers is undeserved but put me on the record as saying MY MAN!!! Vic Beasley is an awesome beast!!! ... the 'real deal' and (God, I hope he stays healthy) if so will be a future star for my Falcons.

Beasley WAS a 'pain in the a$$' playing for Clemson, he WAS good - and that quick so'bo caused a lot more trouble for the Gamecocks than Bowers or Adams ever did.

I've been an 'Atlanta Falcon' fan since they drafted Tommy Nobis as our MLB coming out of Texas and was a (then) screaming teenage fan 'in the house!!!' for the first game in Atlanta Falcon history. I 'like' the Panthers but I'm a Falcon fan more, thus ... I'm NOW a BIG 'Vic Beasley' fan - and I thought 'my man' Grady Jarrett did pretty good, too playing against the Jets.

These guys grow up and get kids and wives and their own lives and we only have 'em for a little while. When they get to be 'pro' I hope they ALL do well unless they're playing against my guys. And until they get traded (or hopefully, enjoy long, lucrative, successful pro-bowl careers for 'hotlanta) they ain't 'Tigers' anymore ... they are FALCONS ... and they look like they'll be dam* good ones to me, and I don't care if you disagree.

I hope ANY KID from the state of SC that signs to play college football has a productive career and makes it to the pros if that's his goal in life. If he plays for somebody other than the Gamecocks, especially Clemson - then h*ll no, I hope he lays a brick against us. Otherwise, my very best wishes ... forever.
SS1 - I am afraid someone hijacked your account!

Seems like a really good kid who is looking at the whole picture in choosing his school. Says he is going to major in business which gives me a ray of hope. Just hope he looks at the fact we have been putting DL's in the NFL and he will be going up against the best in the SEC. Supposed to announce Friday Aug 21.
First post! He's from my neck of SC, would love to have gotten him.

Y'all are funny. For years, half the people on this message board did nothing but post cr*p about Clemson and what was being posted on T-net. as if it was a good idea to advertise that trash here. Y'all should have learned by now not to expect a whole lot of quality control in a "free" message board. That is what "free" means.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT