ADVERTISEMENT

When asked if major changes were needed, Muschamp gave a flat, “No.”

Clueless and delusional.

I'll take the blame, I'll admit it's my issue but, there is just something about the way Muschamp carries himself that makes it difficult for me to go along or support his cause, in any way. Just something I can not buy into, with him. Never could.

BUT, I will say, he must be able to talk a good game because he does have a lot of supposedly knowledgeable people buffaloed.

Muschamp comes off as smug as if us fans are an inconvenience in some way. He should be thanking USC for his 2nd chance and pleading with anyone that will listen that he will turn this thing around and guarantee it. That's all we want. Muschamp just convince us you will get it going. Tell us you care that's all

Muschamp comes off as smug as if us fans are an inconvenience in some way. He should be thanking USC for his 2nd chance and pleading with anyone that will listen that he will turn this thing around and guarantee it. That's all we want. Muschamp just convince us you will get it going. Tell us you care that's all
I am sick of hearing his BS- feels to me like he spent the whole offseason telling us lies like this about how the team is progressing and improving... I would counter what you wrote to say that is the exact OPPOSITE of what we want. We don’t want promises, flowery descriptions of how good the team is... we want RESULTS. Stop talking and show me. Instead of showing us an improving team we are seeing a team in a clear pattern of diminishing returns- lower win totals from one year to the next. You judge a coach by the trajectory of their program.. let him be judged harshly. But stop lying to us... We would be disappointed regardless after the past 4 games but building up that this was his most talented/experienced/best team yet all off season made the opening game loss sting even worse.

Sometimes you portray confidence just to keep those around you from freaking out. That's what Tanner was doing when he reiterated his vote of confidence for Champ. That's what Champ is doing now.

It doesn't always work.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
What he really meant to say was “ Have fun with the new coach next year , I’m gonna take my 18 million from you dumbasses just like I did from the folks in Gainesville “. “When I’m making 5 million + a year getting paid by two schools I got fired from , I’ll pocket another mil as a talking head on the SEC Network “. “ So screw all you guys cause I’m Rich B$&$H” !! Have a great day . That’s what he really meant .

What he really meant to say was “ Have fun with the new coach next year , I’m gonna take my 18 million from you dumbasses just like I did from the folks in Gainesville “. “When I’m making 5 million + a year getting paid by two schools I got fired from , I’ll pocket another mil as a talking head on the SEC Network “. “ So screw all you guys cause I’m Rich B$&$H” !! Have a great day . That’s what he really meant .

100% agree. It's pretty depressing to think about it. How he got such a sweet deal from us when we had all the leverage baffles me.

I'll take the blame, I'll admit it's my issue but, there is just something about the way Muschamp carries himself that makes it difficult for me to go along or support his cause, in any way. Just something I can not buy into, with him. Never could.

BUT, I will say, he must be able to talk a good game because he does have a lot of supposedly knowledgeable people buffaloed.

He talks like an assistant coach.

Last edited:

The point is Muschamp cannot give what we ask. Excellence. In the SEC to compete you need excellence. The AD with his coach first philosophy and cluelessness in general is killing us.

I’m no fan of Muschamp but at this point what is he going to say short of acknowledging he has no clue? It’s too late for a big change this season because you can’t replace the entire staff now. Even if he was to say he’s going to make Werner the OC and he’s going to simply focus on defense how much is it going to help? Do you think any coach with career aspirations wants to join this group if he thinks he needs to make a move like that after the season? Really for now it is what it is. He’s not going to resign and Tanner isn’t going to make a move nor is there any reason to believe he’d be competent enough to do something positive even if he did.

There's a certain arrogance that he has right after being soundly embarrassed that's very off-putting. You don't say we're doing nothing wrong when you're losing badly. You don't circle the wagons and double down on losing easily winnable games. That's a loser mentality. That alienates fans. You quite obviously need to change something. Even the very loyal personalities on the Flagship Station of the Gamecocks are turning against his style of coaching. If he doesn't do something different, we can see how the future will play out. We've seen that game before.

Last edited:
I've worked with plenty of people like Muschamp. People who know all of the professional lingo and can talk a big game. People who are able to convince plenty of others that they are great at what they do. But, they don't fool everyone.

Precisely. He always sounds as if he's just walked in the door from the most successful program on the planet to bless us with analysis of all the challenges we face.

In reality, he was kicked out of that successful program (UF) a long time ago and his critical analysis is of a team he's had full control of for years.

He clearly aced his Dale Carnegie seminar and it's netting him big.

Probably not a good look to just to come right out and say you suck to the press!

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...h-carolina/usc-football/article235294922.html
Muschamp not going to throw his players or his assistants under the bus. What does everyone expect him to say? I’m firing my staff at the end of the season? That would insure a turn around and keep recruiting in fine position.

Nothing is going to happen with anybody until after the season. All of the pissing and moaning by the I want it now crowd is not going to make a difference.

I like Muschamp but if this team doesn’t at least start playing like they have had some coaching I will come down on the side of parting ways but not after game 4.

What would give the fanbase, alumni and other confidence would be a completely honest assessment on what is wrong and the corrective action. At least then, people would believe he is in control. When we hear at the end of a game, "we will have to evaluate the film", it makes it clear that the coaches are clueless during the game about what they are seeing.

His general lack of acknowledgment would play a lot better if he had a history that supported him. When Lou was in the middle of what would be his 0-11 season, he could tell us with a straight face "I know what I'm doing, and you need to trust that I will turn this around." He had credibility because he had turned around five other college football programs over a long career that included a national title at Notre Dame. Muschamp has no such past experience he can point to. Worse, his only past experience as a head coach was a failure.

Muschamp not going to throw his players or his assistants under the bus. What does everyone expect him to say? I’m firing my staff at the end of the season? That would insure a turn around and keep recruiting in fine position.

Nothing is going to happen with anybody until after the season. All of the pissing and moaning by the I want it now crowd is not going to make a difference.

I like Muschamp but if this team doesn’t at least start playing like they have had some coaching I will come down on the side of parting ways but not after game 4.
Has it really only been 4 games? I thought it was 4 years.

Champ knows football. We need to do what Clemson did and pay big money for the best OC & DC we can find. Or not much will change. Champ needs to cut ties with T Rob and mclendon.

I wouldn't oppose that. Who's going to hire them? It seems like you need a neutral 3rd party to find and hire them. WM can't seem to keep from hiring friends. And then who's gonna tell WM to get the heck out of the way of OC and DC play calling?

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
He gets outcoached every damn game, his BS coach speak is annoying as hell when the team comes out and gets boat raced by a team that lost to Wyoming. So sick of him and this staff not being prepared and not able to make adjustments.
I can only think of one game, the bowl vs. Michigan, where he seemed to outfox the other sideline. And he probably had nothing to do with that. Maybe he has nothing to do with our often stale offense. But perception is reality. He's the HC so he's the one with a complete omelet on his face.

I don't think those of us looking for change realistically expect changes until after the season end. That would turn this dumpster fire into a raging, uncontrollable, 20-story dumpster fire.

Reactions: TheReelEss
If Tanner demands that Muschamp fire his assistant(s) and Muschamp refuses is that grounds for termination and no buyout? If so that's exactly what Caslen should require of Tanner.

Muschamp not going to throw his players or his assistants under the bus. What does everyone expect him to say? I’m firing my staff at the end of the season? Nothing is going to happen with anybody until after the season. All of the pissing and moaning by the I want it now crowd is not going to make a difference.

Unfortunately, everything you say is true. I sincerely believe it is the beginning of an outcry for unity, in accepting the need for a new direction, new leadership.

Many of these folks live & die for gamecock weekends. Grant them the same patience you would a brother in arms. We're all on the same side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT