ADVERTISEMENT

When did 107.5 stop being the

1vagamecock

Feb 5, 2011
Home of the Gamecocks?
I guess it’s time for serrius radio.
They might as well be a top 40 station.

I stopped listening during the Holbrook mess. Doesn't sound like I am missing much. Is Jay still rambling about soccer , craft beers, Asheville, and listening to Tommy give 1950s Trivia

Reactions: Cocky_Corleone
I stopped listening during the Holbrook mess. Doesn't sound like I am missing much. Is Jay still rambling about soccer , craft beers, Asheville, and listening to Tommy give 1950s Trivia

Sid Bream, Phish, his longtime family friends, his time on the pitcger's mound, Chicago-style popcorn, and the good people at Morganelli's. (Ya'll) He has a connection to everything (dare I say).

Hey look on the bright side , I gotta deal with Finebaum everyday down here in the Redneck Rivera . Actually pretty funny when the hicks start going at it . Special kinda Hicks in Alabama .

You could pick back up any day like you never left.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
My current favorite personality on that station os Pearson Fowler. Sure, he's immature, often wrong in his opinions and talks 90mph. But he's the farthest from a company man on the flagship. He even defended booing when you aren't getting your money's worth. Refreshing.

Reactions: uscfan1981
Sid Bream, Phish, his longtime family friends, his time on the pitcger's mound, Chicago-style popcorn, and the good people at Morganelli's. (Ya'll) He has a connection to everything (dare I say).

Only thing worse might be if Tommy Moody and Teddy Heffner cohosted a show together and they both spent 3 hours talking 1960s baseball and reading the newspaper. Actually, Tommy and Teddy would be so awful together it would be entertaining

They definitely have some challenges with the personalities when it comes to talking sensibly about sports. I stopped wasting time until 4-7 with Heath.

Heath Cline is the only reason I listen to 107.5. He's a pro. The rest of those guys are unbearable beyond believe. The content they cover on their segments is a waste of airtime and their style is irritating. Tommy is OK as a color guy on game days, but should stay off talk radio. I just think he gets dragged into bad radio by the hosts he is partnered with.

Like I said in another thread, Trey Dyson needs to be a permanent host and Bill Gunter needs his own show. And oh yeah. Tommy Moody has got to go.

Reactions: 92Pony
Like I said in another thread, Trey Dyson needs to be a permanent host and Bill Gunter needs his own show. And oh yeah. Tommy Moody has got to go.

No thanks on Gunter. No one there can do a show other than Heath. They all want to do pop culture stuff. If I want pop culture talk I will listen to a top 40 station

Nice sports topic, Mt. Rushmore of Christmas movie characters this morning! Guy called in with a really good recruiting question and I didn't have any idea George Bailey had eligibility left or Ralphie was old enough to commit! At least Teddy gave me some good inside info. on Dave Magaden! By the way if you get the MLB Network try and check out 30 for 30 like show on Dennis Eckersley, “Eck: A Story of Saving'' really good stuff!

Reactions: TheReelEss
Nice sports topic, Mt. Rushmore of Christmas movie characters this morning! Guy called in with a really good recruiting question and I didn't have any idea George Bailey had eligibility left or Ralphie was old enough to commit! At least Teddy gave me some good inside info. on Dave Magaden! By the way if you get the MLB Network try and check out 30 for 30 like show on Dennis Eckersley, “Eck: A Story of Saving'' really good stuff!
The cast of Charley Brown Christmas, always the winner in my heart

Bill actually is not bad at all when he's away from Tim Hill. Tim just can't help himself - He won't let Bill say anything or finish a thought without interrupting, arguing, and putting down his points. I used to get annoyed listening to Bill talk on the morning show - talking really fast, stuttering, and not finishing sentences. If you listen to him by himself, there's much less of that. He isn't fighting against Tim to speak.

Are any of our players coming back next year? Can MBB salvage some relevance this year? How long till Dawn’s back on top? What’s coming in this year for the yardcocks & can we break the curse in that CHARLOTTE ballpark? Softball team coming off a solid year and postseason noise. Women volleyball played for the ring. We have men’s & women’s golf.

Talk amongst yourselves, have a coach on as a guest......

I’m ready to see if the yardcocks can retool and make noise. Hosting a regional maybe a bit much to ask but hey I’m asking!!!!

Reactions: cockn'fyr
My current favorite personality on that station os Pearson Fowler. Sure, he's immature, often wrong in his opinions and talks 90mph. But he's the farthest from a company man on the flagship. He even defended booing when you aren't getting your money's worth. Refreshing.
His timeslot = Cartoon Network

Bill actually is not bad at all when he's away from Tim Hill. Tim just can't help himself - He won't let Bill say anything or finish a thought without interrupting, arguing, and putting down his points. I used to get annoyed listening to Bill talk on the morning show - talking really fast, stuttering, and not finishing sentences. If you listen to him by himself, there's much less of that. He isn't fighting against Tim to speak.
I've heard several people say that. Living in Colorado, I don't ever get to listen to the morning show. But I've definitely heard Tim berate other hosts like he's trying to prove he's the only one who knows sports there. It's pretty annoying.

Reactions: 92Pony

Tim Hill still thinks he is on the Matt & Tim Show, which was fun and different. Problem is Matt Barrie is far more talented than Bill or Tim and he is what made that show work

Heath Cline is the only reason I listen to 107.5. He's a pro. The rest of those guys are unbearable beyond believe. The content they cover on their segments is a waste of airtime and their style is irritating. Tommy is OK as a color guy on game days, but should stay off talk radio. I just think he gets dragged into bad radio by the hosts he is partnered with.
Heath is probably my favorite, but I won't say "best" just because that's entirely subjective. I have always liked his analytical style and his prep is second to none

I agree. I think if Gunter had his own show it would be fantastic.
The most impressive thing about Bill, for me, is his range. You can really plug him in to any situation with any cohost and he'll kill it. He can be the straight man, the goofy sidekick, solo or with someone...he's really fun to do radio with

Who's the diehard arrogant tater on the morning show? I listened to it the Monday after the tater game and could only take about 5 mins of that.

107.5 got off to a bad start when they lost Mike Morgan just months after launched.

Morgan and Heath would have been a great team over the years, a real anchor, if it had lasted.

Having listen to them both over the years, I believe they compliment each other well. Each brings strengths to cover the other guy's weak spots.

Mike would have challenged Heath's liberal bent, I'm sure. (To Heath's credit, he's cut back on the social/political talk in the last few years)

107.5 got off to a bad start when they lost Mike Morgan just months after launched.

Morgan and Heath would have been a great team over the years, a real anchor, if it had lasted.

Having listen to them both over the years, I believe they compliment each other well. Each brings strengths to cover the other guy's weak spots.

Mike would have challenged Heath's liberal bent, I'm sure. (To Heath's credit, he's cut back on the social/political talk in the last few years)

Heath maybe able to correct me, but if I'm not mistaken the original team for the afternoon show was Morgan and Brian Custer. Custer was on for a very short time and Heath came in.

While I rarely get to hear Heath anymore, I have never felt he was putting forth any sort of political agenda. Heath is all sports all the time, which I think most fans enjoy.

Think of it this way... you have 3 hours of airtime to fill every day, 5 days a week. Even taking out commercials, that's 40 minutes of talking time per hour, or 10 hours per week. That's a lot of time to fill, especially in a market dominated by one school. You can only rehash so many topics related to USC, and even an in-depth discussion of, say, Tennessee will only hold a listener's attention for so long. You're inevitably going to veer into tangents. A host's sense of humor or his non-sporting interests may not the same as yours. That's not an indictment of anyone, just the reality of the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
Think of it this way... you have 3 hours of airtime to fill every day, 5 days a week. Even taking out commercials, that's 40 minutes of talking time per hour, or 10 hours per week. That's a lot of time to fill, especially in a market dominated by one school. You can only rehash so many topics related to USC, and even an in-depth discussion of, say, Tennessee will only hold a listener's attention for so long. You're inevitably going to veer into tangents. A host's sense of humor or his non-sporting interests may not square with yours. That's not an indictment of anyone, just the reality of the situation.
I agree that it probably isn't as easy as we all may think. I will disagree (partly jokingly) that 107.5 only has 20min of commercials per hour; I'd say it's closer to 30/30...... ;)
I would encourage them to take more callers. 2 or 3 callers and then 15min of movie and who has the best bbq talk. Let the callers do some of the work for you (provided they stay on sports-related topics).

Reactions: cockn'fyr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT