ADVERTISEMENT

When is decision due regarding Belk's eligibility for 2018? *****

As I understand it(fwiw).... he will not enroll til August, so no appeal can be filed til he actually enrolls. There seems to be several opinions as to whether an appeal is even possible. I am positive that the NCAA will inform us of their ruling ASAP but no earlier than December
“ASAP but no earlier than December” sounds about right.

As I understand it(fwiw).... he will not enroll til August, so no appeal can be filed til he actually enrolls. There seems to be several opinions as to whether an appeal is even possible. I am positive that the NCAA will inform us of their ruling ASAP but no earlier than December

all we gotta do is put Notre Dame or Alabama on the application and they'll rule in our favor right away!!! Michigan just got the QB ruled eligible, when no one thought he should be...

Reactions: 92Pony
all we gotta do is put Notre Dame or Alabama on the application and they'll rule in our favor right away!!! Michigan just got the QB ruled eligible, when no one thought he should be...

Here is another prime example of the NCAAs inconsistency. Im actually happy for this girl. But damn, seven years? After denying a 6th year? After what they put anyone through we ask about......which always results in a negative resolution for us?

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...e-westbrook-granted-rare-7th-year-eligibility

Reactions: lawcalcock

They used 14.7.2(c), which applied to the seniors, and argued that he was likely to enter the draft after three years and wouldn’t play post-season for the rest of his career. Kid should have gone to ND originally like his family wanted, but Ole Miss hired his brother. For Belk, I think he would use 14.7.2(a) (“reasons of health”) and try to apply it to his family’s health. Clemson would have to initiate it.

They used 14.7.2(c), which applied to the seniors, and argued that he was likely to enter the draft after three years and wouldn’t play post-season for the rest of his career. Kid should have gone to ND originally like his family wanted, but Ole Miss hired his brother. For Belk, I think he would use 14.7.2(a) (“reasons of health”) and try to apply it to his family’s health. Clemson would have to initiate it.

I honestly thought he'd get ok'd to play this season because of the (reported) family health issues. Then he takes visits to UT and UGA. I think that was a mistake. Especially if he was a gamecock lock as most said.

I honestly thought he'd get ok'd to play this season because of the (reported) family health issues. Then he takes visits to UT and UGA. I think that was a mistake. Especially if he was a gamecock lock as most said.
That was indeed very curious.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04

That was indeed very curious.

Yeah, I scratched my head on those trips too, not sure what the point was but hey, enjoy the year off, if Kinlaw keeps playing like Kinlaw he may have draft prospects after the season.

Well that ain’t gonna happen.

Belk will sit out 1 year. He’ll play 2, then declair for the draft. I doubt he plays more than that. He should have committed to us to begin with. Maybe he decided to take the money instead. I don’t know. If he plays lights out for 2 years, I’ll take it. If he doesn’t pan out, he’ll be a footnote and lesson on how not to handle your recruitment.

Reactions: Pole
What is wrong with his mom ? I keep hearing about this but never get a straight answer. He has to sit out an year , this is not some NCAA conspiracy people.

What is wrong with his mom ? I keep hearing about this but never get a straight answer. He has to sit out an year , this is not some NCAA conspiracy people.
It's never been revealed. I think the story is suspect.

Yeah, I scratched my head on those trips too, not sure what the point was but hey, enjoy the year off, if Kinlaw keeps playing like Kinlaw he may have draft prospects after the season.

I posted before about it, but now understand all the rules better: I don’t see how he can go on scholarship before January. But he also has to be in residence for a year before he can play - it’s more than just sitting out.

LoL we will find out when start practice for the Bowl Game.

December of what year?

There isn’t an explicit exception for family health, so it takes a bigger argument. 14.7.2(a) was intended for issues like asthma where a change in environment was needed.

Family Hardship Waiver.

Will he not be able to practice as soon as he enrolls? The coaches will know very shortly what we have.

Will he not be able to practice as soon as he enrolls? The coaches will know very shortly what we have.

He will be able to practice at the least. I'm just not sure if he can go on scholarship yet, which can limit other things (like training table, travel, etc.). Graduate transfers used up all the available initial counter slots for 2018-2019.

We all pretty much assume that but have you seen something definite ?

I think the whole waiver story was generated by fans making assumptions. I haven't seen anything from our staff/university, or Belk's camp stating that he would seek a waiver to play this season. As I understand it, the hardship waiver no longer exists.

Thanks for posting this old article, where he is quoted to say he plans to enroll in August and pursue a hardship waiver to play this season. So, assuming the request was filed, I'll go back to my original question -- Does anyone know when is a decision is due?

Excerpt:
"...said Belk who is still holding out hope for becoming eligible this season as his attorney Everett Stubbs, he said, does plan to ask the NCAA for a hardship waiver. “Yes sir, yes sir, I hope so.”

Belk said right now the plan for him is to enroll in August regardless of what the NCAA says about the waiver request."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT