ADVERTISEMENT

When was the last time we entered conference play undefeated?

4thgengamecock

Aug 6, 2013
The only teams left are:

Lipscomb (3-4)
Western Carolina (1-2)
USF (0-4)
Drexel (0-3)
@ Clemson (3-1)
vs. St. John's (3-1)
Francis Marion (3-1 in Division II)
Memphis (2-2)

We should thrash Lipscomb and Francis Marion pretty easily. USF ought to be a comfortable win, too. Looking at who they've played, Western and Drexel aren't bad teams (despite their records), but aren't particularly good either. We should handle them about like we did against Norfolk State and Oral Roberts. Clemson got the living hell beat out of them by the first team with a pulse they played. St. John's got dismantled by Vandy, and their wins aren't against terribly impressive opposition. The only real challenge left is Memphis, who gave Oklahoma all they could handle. They're probably about as good as Hofstra and Tulsa, and playing at home I'd make us favorites. Provided the team stays focused and healthy, we have a very real chance of entering SEC play undefeated (and likely ranked).

Reactions: gamecockblack
I definitely like what I'm seeing from this team & the direction they're headed in. They have a good chance to go into conference play undefeated.

To answer my own question: the last time Carolina went unbeaten in non-conference play (there were some games sprinkled in during the conference slate) was in 1970-71... which was also the year we won the ACC. Good company to keep. Granted, for a pretty significant part of that time we were independent, but still.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT