ADVERTISEMENT

When will the recruiting success translate

Aug 26, 2018
To on the field success? I'm hoping by the 2020 season it starts paying dividends. With the 2019 schedule being the toughest in the country it will be hard to gauge.

This season we will show improvement if we stay healthy as a team. There is no more wait for next year credible talk we play in the SEC so every schedule is going to be tough. We getting some quality players now but so are the rest in the SEC teams we have to man up and try to stay healthy and we can compete.

Seems like the team is getting more quality depth, that we've lacked the last 4-5 years. Personally, I really like how WM has set up the evaluation process. All appropriate coaches have to sign off on a player, have eyes on him (position coach, coordinator, HC). SOSjr really screwed us with his laziness and dysfunctional recruiting.

Seems like the team is getting more quality depth, that we've lacked the last 4-5 years. Personally, I really like how WM has set up the evaluation process. All appropriate coaches have to sign off on a player, have eyes on him (position coach, coordinator, HC). SOSjr really screwed us with his laziness and dysfunctional recruiting.

Yeah Spurrier really screwed us with those 11 win season and owning our rivals. Thank god we got hard working Muschamp! jfc some people.

Yeah Spurrier really screwed us with those 11 win season and owning our rivals. Thank god we got hard working Muschamp! jfc some people.

No, as I said, Jr screwed us. If he didn't want to put the work in to be a successful Recruiting Coordinator, he shouldn't have accepted the position. Jfc, some people...don't know how to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are recruiting like a middle of the pack SEC team . Like last year we will finish as a middle of the pack SEC team . In 2020 we will probably do the same ... rinse and repeat . It’s not rocket science , if we recruit in the bottom half of the conference we will hang out with the Vandys and Arkansas’ . If we recruit in the top echelon we will compete for east titles . For all this talk of Muschamp recruiting resume , his classes are about the same as Spurrier. Champ just has to find a way to win big games like Spurrier and we are back in the mix .

As a Clemson fan I do see SC getting back to the shape they were in back at the beginning of 2011-2013, but (just my opinion now) I don’t think it will happen with Muschamp as head coach. Don’t ban me. I’m just giving my opinion. While recruiting is on an upward trajectory, I just don’t think Muschamp is head coach material. Good luck this year fellas and ladies.

As a Clemson fan I do see SC getting back to the shape they were in back at the beginning of 2011-2013, but (just my opinion now) I don’t think it will happen with Muschamp as head coach. Don’t ban me. I’m just giving my opinion. While recruiting is on an upward trajectory, I just don’t think Muschamp is head coach material. Good luck this year fellas and ladies.
He's bringing in some talent so we'll see what happens

No, as I said, Jr screwed us. If he didn't want to put the work in to be a successful Recruiting Coordinator, he shouldn't have accepted the position. Jfc, some people...don't know how to read.

This. It was Jr. he was lazier than his dad

Reactions: rogue cock
Right now, we are in 8th in the SEC and 7th in the ACC for 2020 recruiting.
Alabama had the #1 ranked class forever and lost 44 to 16 to an ACC team we scored 5 TDs on with 600 total yards.

We have rebuilt the lines but need breakaway skill position offensive plays to get to the next level. We had Deebo but need at least 2 or 3 like him every season that can dominate a game.

Alabama had the #1 ranked class forever and lost 44 to 16 to an ACC team we scored 5 TDs on with 600 total yards.

We have rebuilt the lines but need breakaway skill position offensive plays to get to the next level. We had Deebo but need at least 2 or 3 like him every season that can dominate a game.

We will never build a team like CleMson. Their whole d line could have went pro last year but stayed. If they were our d line they would have all left early.

Reactions: king ward
To on the field success? I'm hoping by the 2020 season it starts paying dividends. With the 2019 schedule being the toughest in the country it will be hard to gauge.
It can show up this year. I want to see the Gamecocks competing with Clemson, Georgia, A&M and Alabama even if we don’t win those games they will be a great gauge as to where we are as a program.

Actually, that tough schedule should make it fairly easy to assess our team. We won't necessarily have to beat all the ranked teams on our schedule, provided we are competitive each and every time we take the field. Avoid injuries, combine experience with incoming talent, and maintain focus throughout the season from game to game, and it should be fairly easy to discern strengths and weaknesses of the program. If the strengths outnumber the weaknesses, and we are competitive in every game, then who knows how the season will pan out. It may show that we are closer than many think to competing for championships.

[ If we are competitive in every game, then who knows how the season will pan out. It may show that we are closer than many think to competing for championships.[/QUOTE]
Agree and I hope, no think we can be 8-4/7-5 and be very happy with the regular season.

You will see it this year. Will see it more the next year. Only problem is that while USC will be better, I don't expect to see it translate into a better record. USC has Bama, TAMU, UGA, and Clemson, on the schedule. While USC is recruiting well, these schools are recruiting amongst the nation's elite. Then throw in UF and UT who recruited better, and especially with UF everyone knew it was just a matter of time before they got their act together with all of the talent available in their back yard. And then for the last five, it six ,years, everybody views the Kentucky losses as some sort of weird fluke and circle that game as a sure win. Then somehow they manage to win again. It's all about talent, and while USC has some, they are lagging behind many on the schedule. When Clemson started to turn things around in a big way, they had the luxury of an ACC schedule which allowed them to roll up some wins and create a lot of excitement. I actually saw one of those analyst on Finebaum yesterday that stated because Clemson has TAMU at home that their toughest game if the year in USC on the road. Wrap your head around that. Clemson. Can basically roll out the balls and win 10-11 games without hardly any effort. USC doesn't have, and won't have, that luxury. So USC can be a pretty good football team and go 6-6, 7-5. The question from this point forward is if there is a path for USC to improve enough over the years on the recruiting trail to break through into the next level? History says no, but we will see

Anybody else think we'll be better next year, but the schedule won't reflect it?

Not sure I've heard that articulated yet.

It can show up this year. I want to see the Gamecocks competing with Clemson, Georgia, A&M and Alabama even if we don’t win those games they will be a great gauge as to where we are as a program.

playoffs?

I want us to win, not just compete.

Reactions: Brace1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT