ADVERTISEMENT

When will we see the Defense Muschamp is known for?

jonesz21

Aug 9, 2005
how many recruiting cycles will it take? or is it like we always hear with our players "they still learning and can't grasp the whole scheme yet"

It is only his second year here. He was not left with much on the defensive side and is having to recruit to a school coming off 3 bad seasons. The point is we should see improvement this year but it's not an easy fix. By 2018 and 2019 we should see big improvement. Anyone that truly keeps up understands this

Starts with the DL. They are busting their balls recruiting top DL guys, gonna have to win more somehow to get them though. Wonnum and Kinlaw are gonna be studs very soon

JAvon kinlaw , m j webb , steeling , b johnson, are all highly thought of D lineman. Just need to keep recruiting quality players etc. That's what the coaching staff is doing

Reactions: Lakecock1
Was interesting reading that the reason for USC's defensive collapse is now a coach at Louisville. Boom has a big job to do but if he can get QBs like Jake he can certainly recruit for the defense.

how many recruiting cycles will it take? or is it like we always hear with our players "they still learning and can't grasp the whole scheme yet"
More than one when he wasn't even the coach for most of that one. I think you'll see a good bit more QB pressures. But I hear the DL, while pretty good talent-wise, is thin. So probably another cycle. JuCos can help considerably at that position, and that seems to be a goal of this staff as well.

Improved our rank from 95 to 66 last season with the slowest, least-talented D we've had in a decade. Satisfactory? No but we got gashed in exactly one game... other than that the progress was evident.

I'm guessing the Dr. part of Dr. Doofus is from an honorary degree. Am I right?

your thinking is backwards...Last season was a wash...No blame can can honestly be assessed to Boom...But Boom and TRob will be known for this seasons defense...Might not be fair...But that's just the way it is...We have more talent this season that our fans seem to think...They just need to play and show their stuff

He only got Jake because he hired his dad

If you want a pipeline to Northwestern, one of the best football programs in the state, you hire their head coach. Logan Rudolph would agree.

Last edited:
He only got Jake because he hired his dad
That kinda bothers me but some other coach would have done the same thing so...........
I think the NCAA is starting to frown on this practice.
Jake is at a university that will truly benefit him and vice versa. At Ala. he would probably have been lost in the roster and probably warming the bench. He's playing for a great coach who loves his players and gets the most our of them.

That kinda bothers me but some other coach would have done the same thing so...........
I think the NCAA is starting to frown on this practice.
Jake is at a university that will truly benefit him and vice versa. At Ala. he would probably have been lost in the roster and probably warming the bench. He's playing for a great coach who loves his players and gets the most our of them.

You really believe that guy ? He's just drawing you in

I can assure you as a Byrnes guy that Bobby has forgot more about football than most people know. He has a great offensive mind and I only hope we hold on to him after Jake leaves.

You really believe that guy ? He's just drawing you in
OK. I didn't really want to believe it anyway. Bama probably thought they had a lock on him. I think considering that he was a HS senior playing as a freshman that he played great last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT