ADVERTISEMENT

When you win a national title and your instate rival signs a better class?

You didn't get anybody we wanted or had room for.
To be fair, we wanted Ortre Smith. We slow played him (for Bud Robinson but were forced to back off that guy). Smith is the real deal. Almost the same with Shi Smith. We were after both him and Rogers pretty hard, but it was a first come first taken kind of deal. Clemson only had room for one "2" spot WR, and Rogers committed first. I like Rogers better, but Shi Smith is a baller as well.
Don't get me wrong, your point is well taken, I'll take Tee Higgens and A. Rogers over Smith and Smith, but don't think that USC didn't clean up by signing these guys.

To be fair, we wanted Ortre Smith. We slow played him (for Bud Robinson but were forced to back off that guy). Smith is the real deal. Almost the same with Shi Smith. We were after both him and Rogers pretty hard, but it was a first come first taken kind of deal. Clemson only had room for one "2" spot WR, and Rogers committed first. I like Rogers better, but Shi Smith is a baller as well.
Don't get me wrong, your point is well taken, I'll take Tee Higgens and A. Rogers over Smith and Smith, but don't think that USC didn't clean up by signing these guys.

Good post. Bryan Edwards, OrTre, Shi will be a sold trio for the next few years

Says they have no depth hahaha. Quit standing up for them, they only could get 14 commits after winning the natty haha

I'm sorry but you do realize that's showing depth. If they could only take 14 players that means they have over 70 scholarship players coming back.

Clemson doesn't run kids off. There are 85 scholarships available in total. If you are signing 25 kids a class, like Alabama, it means that you are bleeding off 15 kids a year either through career-ending injury, arrests, going pro early, etc. Even Alabama isn't losing 15 kids a year early to the NFL, on top of the seniors that may be going. So programs like Alabama have a reputation for running kids off and oversigning.

This assumes that Alabama doesn't redshirt anyone, which they do. Which makes the issue worse.

Clemson seems to redshirt about half of their freshmen. Couple that with a lower than average attrition rate and you get smaller recruiting class sizes... which is what we see. I'm not sure why this is hard to understand, or why it is even a topic of conversation for that matter. It is neither good nor bad, it's just what it is.

Reactions: geomancer
People won't like it because you wear orange

But this post is very accurate

Says they have no depth hahaha. Quit standing up for them, they only could get 14 commits after winning the natty haha
Are you really that stupid, or just a troll? They only had 14 schollies to give and they had a pick from some of the best out there. 5 committed for 2018 including #1 player in the nation at QB. SMH - some of you are embarrassing.

Are you really that stupid, or just a troll? They only had 14 schollies to give and they had a pick from some of the best out there. 5 committed for 2018 including #1 player in the nation at QB. SMH - some of you are embarrassing.
Duh, obviously a troll. Pretty sure ESPN has their class @10, and ours @ 19. He's trying to get gamecocks worked up.

The taters and many of you Gamecocks had a full scale sensitivity meltdown about some simple recruiting rankings. Rivals and Scout have been ranking classes for what 15 years or more now? Its clear to me their formulas on how to rate a class must be WAAAAAAY off after all these years and detailed analysis. Of course I have been lectured on how spot on their analysis is year after year. Yea we get it Clemson signed less players. So after all these years Scout and Rivals appear to be pretty discredited by I guess Clemson fans.

Again I cant seem to find where Alabama signs 14 guys lands outside the top 20 then spins class size. This topic really pushed some buttons. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT