ADVERTISEMENT

Where are all the 'Fire Everybody' people today....

goldengamecock

May 17, 2007
We are 5-2 with a depleted roster full of Fr and Soph's. Back to back wins over Tennessee who will fire their coach in his 5th year. I guess our program is being run pretty well after all.

So everyones happy with that Roper offense?...lol...took a great defensive effort yesterday to get out of Knoxville with a.win against a terrible Vols team...if the defense doesnt hold at the end this board would be full of fire everyone posts...Muschamp can be successful here..but not.with Roper..USC is winning inspite of Roper not because of him

So everyones happy with that Roper offense?...lol...took a great defensive effort yesterday to get out of Knoxville with a.win against a terrible Vols team...if the defense doesnt hold at the end this board would be full of fire everyone posts...Muschamp can be successful here..but not.with Roper..USC is winning inspite of Roper not because of him
With the patchwork line able to open running lanes in the 2nd half and pass block and wear down the defense I'd say it did enough. They did do something we've only done twice before, namely winning in Knoxville.

Reactions: rogue cock
Tennessee is terrible. One td against that group is terrible. Hope no one is satisfied.
Satisfied with the offenses production? Not really.
But I do recognize improvement and appreciate it. Without those 2 longs time consuming drives we probably lose the game.

Definitely satisfied with the outcome. All that is required is to score more points than the opponent.
Mission accomplished.

Tennessee is terrible. One td against that group is terrible. Hope no one is satisfied.

I like Muschamp, I love the energy he has and the passion. He is an excellent recruiter and I've never seen one of our coaches put in so much effort and it seems genuine .
I'm afraid his loyalty for Roper will be his downfall. Who is this Roper guy? Does he really exist? Has anyone actually met him? It's a mystery
It took the mighty Steve Spurrier 4 or 5 recruiting years to start showing gains to the football team. That was SOS which if their was ever a coach that could win here he was our man.
Muschamp could be our coach for the next 20 years and I hope he is. He will just need to survive the first 5 seasons. If he can do just like SOS and get us 6 or 7 wins a year, without a losing season then lookout. Doesn't seem like much to outsiders but to us that's big. I don't care if Roper is the oc or not as long as we win. I hate to use that 5 years crap every time we get a new coach but I think his 5 years starts now. Toss out those first couple of recruiting years and let's see what he can really do

100% satisfied with the players, they are busting their humps every play, but they do have things they can do better. I feel like the staff needs plenty of work. 7 games in, and some of them still look like DIII coaches. But, a win is a win, especially in Knoxville

That final drive was tough. The Tenn Defense was absolutely gassed and selling out to stop the run. We kept running in red zone and had to kick the FG with the kicking issues we've had. I understand running the clock but some good play calling and we put the game away with a TD. Seemed we were playing not to lose rather than playing to win, and it almost cost us the game. I just knew we were about to run a little play action and throw an easy TD to that first round TE we have but oh well. And I'm a "sunshine pumper" by the way.

Last edited:
We are 5-2 with a depleted roster full of Fr and Soph's. Back to back wins over Tennessee who will fire their coach in his 5th year. I guess our program is being run pretty well after all.
I'm still here...I have not changed my negative opinion on the head coach, OC, or DC. I don't care what the current record is, in the long run they will be average at best.

I'm glad we won. I'm ecstatic we're 5-2. The defense is playing their butt off.

Having said that our offense sucks and we need a new play caller. Winning does not mean you don't have deficiencies.

I think we all just see that we absolutely have to have offensive production going forward. Tennessee is now somewhere in the neighborhood of ten quarters without scoring an offensive touchdown. They are awful. We won't win often scoring 15 points.

That final drive was tough. The Tenn Defense was absolutely gassed and selling out to stop the run. We kept running in red zone and had to kick the FG with the kicking issues we've had. I understand running the clock but some good play calling and we put the game away with a TD. Seemed we were playing not to lose rather than playing to win, and it almost cost us the game. I just knew we were about to run a little play action and throw an easy TD to that first round TE we have but oh well. And I'm a "sunshine pumper" by the way.
3rd string RB, 3 starters missing on the OL, no Deebo... I am happy with the W. Ecstatic to be 5-2.

3rd string RB, 3 starters missing on the OL, no Deebo... I am happy with the W. Ecstatic to be 5-2.
Same here... and all you mentioned is true but the play calling is still head scratching worthy. For example, me and others have been saying all year how Bentley is going to have to keep the ball a few times a game to keep all of the defense from crashing down on our RB. They finally did that in the 2nd half w two runs by Bentley that were big. The main point there being that all of us arm chair QB's see this all season but our coaches always seem behind the curve.

The previous week we finally started more men in motion and end arounds (fakes and or hand offs) and it worked. This weekend we only did it a couple of times. Went back to our predictable run game. We were ok only because Tennessee's D was thin and gassed in the 2nd half.

Lastly, our passing game has too many play calls that have guys running time consuming routes. We need a short/quick passing game sometimes (especially against teams that put lots of heat on the QB quickly).

Same here... and all you mentioned is true but the play calling is still head scratching worthy. For example, me and others have been saying all year how Bentley is going to have to keep the ball a few times a game to keep all of the defense from crashing down on our RB. They finally did that in the 2nd half w two runs by Bentley that were big. The main point there being that all of us arm chair QB's see this all season but our coaches always seem behind the curve.

The previous week we finally started more men in motion and end arounds (fakes and or hand offs) and it worked. This weekend we only did it a couple of times. Went back to our predictable run game. We were ok only because Tennessee's D was thin and gassed in the 2nd half.

Lastly, our passing game has too many play calls that have guys running time consuming routes. We need a short/quick passing game sometimes (especially against teams that put lots of heat on the QB quickly).
I question the play calling at times, but I understand what the coaches have to work with. Its a long season. Development is necessary when your LT is a first year transfer player and your LG is a RS FR. A play caller has to understand his limitations AND try to be less predictable. There have been some great play calls, as well. Go back and look at Ortre's first career TD. Give the guy a little more time.

The current OL has done as well or better than when we had the 3 starters in there, Denson isn't exactly a big drop off from Dowdle, we've played several games without Deebo....can't keep using his injury as a crutch.

The current OL has done as well or better than when we had the 3 starters in there, Denson isn't exactly a big drop off from Dowdle, we've played several games without Deebo....can't keep using his injury as a crutch.
We won, no crutch needed. Not to mention, those are facts, not crutches. I am a fan, not a coach. Also, I was referring to Turner. Did you watch the game?

Speaking of crutches, I enjoyed watching that Fri night game...

We won, no crutch needed. Not to mention, those are facts, not crutches. I am a fan, not a coach. Also, I was referring to Turner. Did you watch the game?

Speaking of crutches, I enjoyed watching that Fri night game...
I did watch the game. I wasn't sure if you were talking about before or after Dowdle got injured.

I did watch the game. I wasn't sure if you were talking about before or after Dowdle got injured.
You are still lost. We were not down to our 3rd string RB before Dowdle got injured. Dowdle went down during the course of the game, as did Ty'Son. We used our 3rd string RB to finish off an SEC Win on the road. I suggest you catch the replay of the game instead of playing Fan Police and talking about crutches. (Although I do understand your angst carrying over from the Fri night game)

You are still lost. We were not down to our 3rd string RB before Dowdle got injured. Dowdle went down during the course of the game, as did Ty'Son. We used our 3rd string RB to finish off an SEC Win on the road. I suggest you catch the replay of the game instead of playing Fan Police and talking about crutches. (Although I do understand your angst carrying over from the Fri night game)
You're the one that brought up Deebo being out, now you're talking about final drives. You realize Deebo has been out for awhile, right? Tyson wasn't out for the game, he got banged up a little. AJ isn't our 3rd string RB, he's 2nd on the depth chart, Tyson is 3rd.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a tater. I could say the same about you since you haven't even been here a year.

You're the one that brought up Deebo being out, now you're talking about final drives. You realize Deebo has been out for awhile, right? Tyson wasn't out for the game, he got banged up a little. AJ isn't our 3rd string RB, he's 2nd on the depth chart, Tyson is 3rd.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a tater. I could say the same about you since you haven't even been here a year.
Final drives?
This is why no one takes you seriously, you make stuff up as you go.

Carry on in your misery.

(Lol @ "you're a tater since you haven't even been here a year"... too funny)

Final drives?
This is why no one takes you seriously, you make up stuff as you go.

Carry on in your misery.

(Lol @ "you're a tater since you haven't even been here a year"... too funny)
You really need to go back and read what you wrote in your last two posts and what you replied to from another poster. I'm not worried about you or anyone else taking me seriously, I'm worried that you don't even know our depth chart and are still using Deebo being out as an excuse. You're clueless!

You really need to go back and read what you wrote in your last two posts and what you replied to from another poster. I'm not worried about you or anyone else taking me seriously, I'm worried that you don't even know our depth chart and are still using Deebo being out as an excuse. You're clueless!
Explain, in detail, exactly how I used Deebo as an excuse for us winning on the road in the SEC with a play-caller effectively utilizing what he has to work with on offense.

I'll wait, champ.

Explain, in detail, exactly how I used Deebo as an excuse for us winning on the road in the SEC with a play-caller effectively utilizing what he has to work with on offense.

I'll wait, champ.

In the meantime, I will ask a follow up Q... What breed of moron would even think excuses need to be made after a big win?
The same type of moron that doesn't know the depth chart and then wants to call someone a tater.

The play caller wasn't that impressive when he had everyone to work with, btw.

The same type of moron that doesn't know the depth chart and then wants to call someone a tater.
Yeah, I edited to be polite. But, since you bring it up... I watched the game, so I knew that when Dowdle went down, Ty'Son came in. When Ty'Son went down, AJ got the call. You keep reading that unedited depth chart and spewing your ignorance. I'll keep waiting for you to explain, in detail, exactly how I used Deebo as an excuse for us winning on the road in the SEC with a play-caller effectively utilizing what he has to work with on offense.

Yeah, I edited to be polite. But, since you bring it up... I watched the game, so I knew that when Dowdle went down, Ty'Son came in. When Ty'Son went down, AJ got the call. You keep reading that unedited depth chart and spewing your ignorance. I'll keep waiting for you to explain, in detail, exactly how I used Deebo as an excuse for us winning on the road in the SEC with a play-caller effectively utilizing what he has to work with on offense.
I can't explain why you brought him up in regards to the poster talking about the Tennessee game. It's not like we only have injuries on offense, we have a lot on defense and yet they keep rolling along.

I'm proud of you for watching the game. You want a pat on the back for it?

I can't explain why you brought him up in regards to the poster talking about the Tennessee game. It's not like we only have injuries on offense, we have a lot on defense and yet they keep rolling along.

I'm proud of you for watching the game. You want a pat on the back for it?
You can't explain why you think fans are making "excuses" after a win? Your failure has been duly noted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT