ADVERTISEMENT

Where did Mike Davis say he was from during introductions?

What happens now? Probably that.

I will say that two things I'd like to see in society is men have more equal footing in custody and divorce battles. In 2017 there is no reason that a woman should just up and get half a man's worth during a divorce and no reason to think a man isn't equally capable of raising and making decisions about a child.

And the (men’s) choir said amen.

I would laugh when I'd hear Terrell Suggs say, "Ball-So-Hard University"

Well, it puts me in mind of the women who keep their maiden names after they get married. They eschew the use of their husbands' last names as being overly submissive to men, but keep the last names of their fathers - who are also men. They exercise a right in order to not really prove anything.

Excellent post.

Reactions: king ward
I agree. And although I am apparently more traditionally inclined than you are, I have no problem with married women keeping their surnames given at birth. I don't understand the point based upon what I've said, but I recognize the legality.

I posted this comment in the wrong thread, so what I'm about to "repost" has lost some of it's intended flavor.....

I think some women want to maintain their maiden names so they can be easily found by old friends on Facebook.....men and women.

I posted this comment in the wrong thread, so what I'm about to "repost" has lost some of it's intended flavor.....

I think some women want to maintain their maiden names so they can be easily found by old friends on Facebook.....men and women.
I can't think of any better reason. Priorities.

They don't need a hyphenated legal last name for that. All they have to do is use their maiden name in the middle on FB. I'm more bothered by the hubby-wife combo Facebook name. Why can't your husband have his own FB?

They don't need a hyphenated legal last name for that. All they have to do is use their maiden name in the middle on FB. I'm more bothered by the hubby-wife combo Facebook name. Why can't your husband have his own FB?

That's a good point. It also reminds me of a married couple I know who actually share the same hyphenated "last" names. Her last name is first, while his last name is after the hyphen.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Why does anyone need a Facebook?
A lot of people wonder that, with good cause. More bad can come from it than good. It has cost many people their relationships. But I would not have the job I have if not for FB. And I really like my job.

A lot of people wonder that, with good cause. More bad can come from it than good. It has cost many people their relationships. But I would not have the job I have if not for FB. And I really like my job.
A philosophical question: do you know FOR SURE you would not have your job without Facebook? Do you know FOR SURE that, if you weren't in the job you have, you wouldn't be in a better job?

A philosophical question: do you know FOR SURE you would not have your job without Facebook? Do you know FOR SURE that, if you weren't in the job you have, you wouldn't be in a better job?
You never know FOR SURE. But you can highly suspect. This is a job I want to ride to (early) retirement. I don't want to work myself into the grave. On the other hand, I could delete my FB now that I have it.

I actually came to here to read the actual answer to the actual question. Here I am 900 posts and 63 gazillon words later and no one even remembers what the question was. I think several of my brain cells have died...and I am dumber now than when I started. Oh wait this is a football msg board...nevermind. o_O

I actually came to here to read the actual answer to the actual question. Here I am 900 posts and 63 gazillon words later and no one even remembers what the question was. I think several of my brain cells have died...and I am dumber now than when I started. Oh wait this is a football msg board...nevermind. o_O
I guess you skipped the first page of the thread including the second post.

I guess you skipped the first page of the thread including the second post.

Well no sadly I read them all. That particular response was the closest to an answer but full of conditional terms which seemed to indicate the author really didn't know he was just surmising that he "probably" said his HS. Whereupon, the rest of the board went off on various flights of fancy, derogatory rants and generalized buffoonery. Hence, my post.

If a person reads through a thread to an extent that disappoints or alienates him, and persists in doing so, that could indicate some type of masochism. If I don't like what I'm reading, I cease. The other side of the coin is that piquant threads tend to stay on point more readily than trivial or inane ones.

This thread went off course as most of them tend to do after a certain extent, but the first 20 or so posts make it crystal clear that he said the name of his high school with the rest of the discussion in those posts being related to this topic. There were questions like why did he say the name of his high school instead of USC and why do other teams' players not say the name of their high school (even though they do)?

I love it when threads veer drastically off topic, but I'm a rebel...a loner.

Well no sadly I read them all. That particular response was the closest to an answer but full of conditional terms which seemed to indicate the author really didn't know he was just surmising that he "probably" said his HS. Whereupon, the rest of the board went off on various flights of fancy, derogatory rants and generalized buffoonery. Hence, my post.
It was explained several times that Davis is not fond of Muschamp and why that is.

This thread went off course as most of them tend to do after a certain extent, but the first 20 or so posts make it crystal clear that he said the name of his high school with the rest of the discussion in those posts being related to this topic. There were questions like why did he say the name of his high school instead of USC and why do other teams' players not say the name of their high school (even though they do)?

tumblr_mbeyl9YaiH1qixzl1o1_500.jpg

Reactions: Sulayman

I don't know about loner. I could see rebel.:D I like a little mayhem myself.

Maybe he felt "disrespected"........i cannot stand it when people use this damn term when 90% dont know what the hell respect actually is or how to attain it.

One of the most profound (I think) things I ever heard Lee Corso say came way back when he was still doing color for ESPN. He ripped Marshall fans for bitching that the Herd wasn't getting enough respect from the media -- this when they first went 1A and had Byron Leftwich, etc.

"Those people who yell loudest about not being respected are usually the ones who don't want to give it to anyone else."

Not to beat a dead horse....oh wait yes I am going to beat the dead horse. The second post said: "He said his high school, probably." From there yes every other post reacts to the apparently in some minds the fact that he said his HS. But it is far from crystal clear that he did in fact say his HS name based on anything in this thread. The only thing crystal clear is that many on here think he said his HS name based on "He said his high school, probably."
I honestly don't give a rat's patoot one way or the other. He could have said the University of Mars for all I care. I just was curious as to whether anyone on here actually saw/heard him say it or not. A simple declarative sentence: "Yes I watched the full game and at the intros I saw and heard MD say his Alma mater is __________."
Another question is do they still do those introductions...it's been so long since I bothered to watch a Monday Night game I have no idea. But since it is apparently my day to be "that guy" I thought I would milk it for all its worth.

I deleted Facebook in 2011 and haven’t looked back. I did land my current job, my best job ever, from LinkedIn. The IT director found me and made an offer I couldn’t refuse.
Dude, I did the very same thing back in 09 while going thru a divorce!! Haven't signed back in since - and as Sure as Hades is Hot, I DON'T MISS IT!!!

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT