ADVERTISEMENT

Where does this team go from here?

GC4LF

Nov 17, 2012
This team has potential but don’t think we can be consistent under Muschamp. Good recruiting going on but week end and week out we under perform!

We still have a chance to go 7-5. We lost this game we should have won and won a game last week we should have lost. Int in the end zone and Edwards fumble killed us.

Reactions: Cockaboossss
We still have a chance to go 7-5. We lost this game we should have won and won a game last week we should have lost. Int in the end zone and Edwards fumble killed us.
We got outgained 477-299. Hard to make that argument, no matter how many chances we missed.

tenor.gif

Where Ever this Team goes, don't worry, they will go there with a lot of Heart, says Muschamp! It's a good thing too, cause they're gonna need it - stay with them y'all!

Like someone said, there are really no goals left on the table aside from winning the state, and I can assure you that ain't going to happen.

So at this point, we are playing to get to Shreveport or Birmingham, which is a massive letdown considering the preseason expectations. Honestly I doubt we get bowl eligible if we don't schedule a cupcake to make up for Marshall. I'd say it looks something like this-

Tenn- 50%
@Ole Miss- 50%
@UF- 25%
Chat- 95%
Clem- 10%

So assuming we do reschedule and can get to 6-6 and make a bowl, I think it really comes down to trying to hold the recruiting class together and keeping the mood of the team from tanking after a huge letdown of a year. Next year doesn't get much better as we essentially have 5 auto losses (Alabama, UGA, Clemson, A&M, UK) and also have to go to UT and play an improving UF. Hopefully they can hold this thing together until 2020 and then pray Hilinski really is as good as advertised

Last edited:
5-7 providing we get a make-up game. Giving up on Bentley is step one. He's not SEC caliber.
It feels like yesterday experts were talking about Bentley going in the draft this year. That was a joke haha!

We can still beat Tennessee. Auburn is reeling. I know they’re happy to finally win a game, but they’re still not good.

UT played the best game last week I've seen from them since the Phil Fulmer era. I would have agreed with you, but that game looks like its on the fence to me now.

Some teams play well with a chip on their shoulder and an us vs. the world type mentality. I don't see this team being one of them. I hope we can win two more games, but I don't see it.

Reactions: PC31
This team has potential but don’t think we can be consistent under Muschamp. Good recruiting going on but week end and week out we under perform!

Receivers better start catching those bread basket passes or vendors going to start selling Bobble Hands dolls of them

Reactions: cockofdawn
Receivers better start catching those bread basket passes or vendors going to start selling Bobble Hands dolls of them
I agree, Bentley deserves his share of Criticism, However, a Very large portion has to be the Dropped passes. HELL, just last week THREE CRUCIAL in their hands passes were dropped... Any one of the 3 could have changed the outcome..

Reactions: jonesz21
I agree, Bentley deserves his share of Criticism, However, a Very large portion has to be the Dropped passes. HELL, just last week THREE CRUCIAL in their hands passes were dropped... Any one of the 3 could have changed the outcome..
No doubt. But the drops have not been a problem for 1.5 seasons. The inability of the QB to play in the 1st half has been consistent. I used to defend Bently by saying there was nobody behind him. I just kept expecting him to snap out of it at some point and be the QB we can all see he's capable of. I'm done defending his poor play. Insert him in the 2nd half. That's when he's productive.

This team is so hard to figure out so it's hard for me to get a solid feel of where we are let alone future games.
UT and UF appear to be on upward trajectories, and that doesn't bode well. Ole MIss can score a lot of points which would put us in a shootout situation and I don't feel comfortable in that scenario.
Chattanooga is a win.
Clemson is a loss.
I'm getting slightly verbose just to say this season can finish anywhere from 6-5 to a disastrous 4-7.

Last edited:
No doubt. But the drops have not been a problem for 1.5 seasons. The inability of the QB to play in the 1st half has been consistent. I used to defend Bently by saying there was nobody behind him. I just kept expecting him to snap out of it at some point and be the QB we can all see he's capable of. I'm done defending his poor play. Insert him in the 2nd half. That's when he's productive.
Last year this team WON 9 games, so I am not complaining about last year, this year, The drops (Remember the Pick SIX to start the Ga game) contributed greatly to the 3 losses...

Last year this team WON 9 games, so I am not complaining about last year, this year, The drops (Remember the Pick SIX to start the Ga game) contributed greatly to the 3 losses...
Last year vs this year is a different difficulty of schedule. We're playing ranked teams this year.

I agree with you whole-heartedly on the drops. We should probably be playing Ty'son Williams more. He doesn't fumble and his average is about 3.5 yds/carry better than Dowdle's. But you aren't going to see Debo, Edwards and Shi riding the pine. They just have to battle through the drops. Through all of this and even the 9 wins last season, Jake has consistently been inconsistent, especially in the first half of games.

We would actually go to a bowl at 5-7. Ridiculous,but most likely would happen when not enough teams qualify. Pretty sure our GPA puts us near the top of the pecking order.

Warning don't eat squirrel brains... You may go nuts...

This team may have 2 wins, maybe UT & Chattanooga if we're lucky....

After this year, this will be Muschamp's mirror 3rd year at Florida...

first 3 years Under Muschamp at each school...

2010 Florida 7-6
2011 Florida 11-2
2012 Florida 4-8

2013 Florida 6-5

2016 Carolina 6-7
2017 Carolina 9-4
2018 Carolina 3-3 after 6 games ????

Will isn't looking good...

Last edited:
Muschamp Style: Actually see us possibly rallying and going 3-1 {4-1 if makeup} into the CU game and then have optimism crunched by yet another blowout loss in DV...As long as Dabo and Venables are around, don't see us beating them w/ Champ. His (Champ's) schemes and predictability are right in their wheelhouse and CU is always going to have better players from top to bottom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pole
When you are not loaded top to bottom with talent. You have to win the TO battle.
Last year we did. 9-4
This year we haven't 3-3.
And also catch the ball.

When you are not loaded top to bottom with talent. You have to win the TO battle.
Last year we did. 9-4
This year we haven't 3-3.
And also catch the ball.

We had that same problem last year of not catching the ball, but I don't believe we'll be 9-4 this year... We have better talent this year compare to last year...

Tennessee is better than us this year, Florida is better than us this year and Ole' Piss is better than us...

That leaves Clemson, Chattanooga and maybe Marshall...

Clemson is a loss, Chattanooga is a toss us and who know's if we'll have a make up game.... I rather not if we win 5 games or less... I don't want another 6-6 bowl team... That's just me, but if that 5th win is against Clemson... Then I might reconsider that make up game...

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT