ADVERTISEMENT

Where is the Evidence??

BedouinCock

Jan 4, 2008
I have been a Gamecock fan since I became a freshman in 1962. Wanted to get that out of the way. But, I have read comments on this site about the "bagman" at the church in Clemson. So, what proof and evidence is this based on? Not judging anyone with this but just wondering out loud.

dude please if these Church scams were easy to expose more and more schools would not be doing it...
Okay, I agree with you. But, why this church in this town with this team? What has happened to make people think this? Not being a smart ass but still searching for solid reason to suspect them.

Reactions: Jpcooper
They're just saying that because dabo has proved us all wrong. Pretty simple.
Clemson has been doing shady activity for decades. Pell started it, Danny perfected it, Ken Hatfield got fired for refusing to "do it the Clemson way" even though he won ball games, Bowden did it but couldn't produce.

A link to a message board ? Is this supposed to be evidence ?
I'm not the NCAA, it's not my job to get dirt on Clemson. I'm just smart enough to know they didn't stop cheating after they got caught.

I have been a Gamecock fan since I became a freshman in 1962. Wanted to get that out of the way. But, I have read comments on this site about the "bagman" at the church in Clemson. So, what proof and evidence is this based on? Not judging anyone with this but just wondering out loud.
Dude, don't feed the trolls!

il_340x270.1167195581_mc55.jpg

Clemson has been doing shady activity for decades. Pell started it, Danny perfected it, Ken Hatfield got fired for refusing to "do it the Clemson way" even though he won ball games, Bowden did it but couldn't produce.
I understand the past and agree with you on this but this the past does not implicate the church now.

Well, there's only one line in the original article about Clemson and this "news" website says they are "investigating reports" about a connection to Clemson. There is nothing at all factual in this report that says the guy had any connection to Clemson - other than proximity.
I'm afraid if you don't have anything more concrete, this would definitely fall into the category of Fake News.

It doesn't mean Clemson hasn't done anything wrong, but there's no proof here at all.

Because there is none . Jeezzz.... the reason they are light years ahead of us is because their fans and Administrators are not ok with losing or being Avg for that matter . Just stop it . They out recruit us because they work harder than we do and they have a winning tradition and we don't . God it hurts like hell to say that but it's true . We are ok with 7-6 and they are not and that's why they will be playing for in the title game for the third year in a row . Let that sink in a minute ... we can hardly beat LA Tech at home and they are going to 3 straight .

Thanks, I read it and had not heard of the possible role of the pastor.
The message board mentioned that C J Spiller did a promo video for a church event? Was he paid to make the video? Or, was he a member doing it gratis? If he was paid, was it a reasonable amount?

This message board was posted 5+ years ago. At this point what difference does it make (screech)?

You guys should go on YouTube & watch some of Dabo’s press conferences. Perhaps then you’ll have a better understanding as to why the Clemson football program is where it is now. It’s been a process. While Carolina football was content with beating Clemson 5 years in a row, Dabo saw the big picture. He was working on building a powerhouse. Dabo & his staff don’t just recruit players based on their athletic ability. He recruits players that fit the culture that he has established. He also doesn’t expect one or two 5stars to be the saving grace of the team. Player development is key. Think about gamecock football...how many players leave the university as not only a better football player but also a better man ? At Clemson, Best is the standard. What’s the standard for your program ?

The only bagman I know exists is Brad Scott's bagman in Florida. I know of "him" for 2 reasons:

1. He used him while he was here, although at the time we were only able to get kids that FSU did not want, as it was the same setup FSU used.

2. A high school assistant coach came clean with one of our coaches in regards to the recruitment of Sammy Watkins. They bag a family member and someone on the coaching staff typically. He also said he knew that CJ Spiller was "bagged" earlier. Our coach told me a little later that Mackensie Alexander was a done deal to clemson because high school coach told him not to waste his time, they already got to him. He said that the only other real player was Dan Mullen at Miss State who also is thought to have a "bagman" in Florida. He told me this around the day Alexander decomitted from UT, long before he picked CU. Clemson was not even considered a major player for him at that time, so I have a hard time thinking he just guessed right. Even if they were a big player, how would he know 100% he was headed to CU?

and #3. Why don't our or other coaches turn teams in? Two reasons. Number one, It is not like it is just one guy walking around with a brown bag of money...It is a network that has taken decades to set-up. Wonder why they kept Brad around after he proved he could not coach? Number two, you better be damn sure that you are clean if you do it. Plus, you piss off a ton of high school coaches who make good money "guiding" kids to certain schools. Sound a bit like AAU? In other words, you will probably never coach bigtime college football again if you are found to be a whistle blower.

It is no surprise that when Auburn and Bama finally quit spending so much time turning each other in they both won championships.

Clemson's network is better than ours (better than most actually) and it is a hybrid of FSU and Bama philosophies. I am pretty certain that our new staff dabbles in the game we speak of. They are just light years behind our competition currently.

You guys should go on YouTube & watch some of Dabo’s press conferences. Perhaps then you’ll have a better understanding as to why the Clemson football program is where it is now. It’s been a process. While Carolina football was content with beating Clemson 5 years in a row, Dabo saw the big picture. He was working on building a powerhouse. Dabo & his staff don’t just recruit players based on their athletic ability. He recruits players that fit the culture that he has established. He also doesn’t expect one or two 5stars to be the saving grace of the team. Player development is key. Think about gamecock football...how many players leave the university as not only a better football player but also a better man ? At Clemson, Best is the standard. What’s the standard for your program ?

Our standard.......Better then the best? More then all in? Deeper then too deep? We think about it so it isn't unthinkable?

We were not content with winning 5, we were being held out of the BCS while y'all got in on welfare (e.g., conference representation). You deserve the title, Watson was a program changer but there is still a lot of season to be played.

Please expand on the criteria of your football players leaving Clemson as a better man? Most take a pay cut as far as I am concerned.

Too many fans are borderline conspiracy theorists when it comes to Carolina FB and the reasons it is historically average at best. I'm certain 13 of the 14 SEC schools are cheating like hell to let in double-digit IQ, borderline illiterate, criminal football players just fill out their rosters.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

I will let you do the research. Start with the coaching staff at South Fort Myers High School and then cross reference the staff in 2010 with our staff at USC the same year. Its not really hard to figure out the 2 coaches I am talking about. Have fun! Hint: one of the coaches knows GA Mangus well.

As for players we bagged at USC under Brad Scott, I will let you guess and tell you if you are right. It will be fun. Get to work!
Still no substantial and hard evidence the church in Clemson is guilty with a "bagman". Virtually all of the statements here involve "hearsay". If it is so bad a Clempson, why is it being ignored by the NCAA? Could it be that the reasons stated above about everyone being involved and not one is without sin in this??

...now I'm having a difficult time deciding on if I should increase my IPTAY donation or just give more to my church....

Reactions: cockyclay
...now I'm having a difficult time deciding on if I should increase my IPTAY donation or just give more to my church....
Doesn't matter, it'll all end up the same place in the end anyways.

Still no substantial and hard evidence the church in Clemson is guilty with a "bagman". Virtually all of the statements here involve "hearsay". If it is so bad a Clempson, why is it being ignored by the NCAA? Could it be that the reasons stated above about everyone being involved and not one is without sin in this??
If it was so obvious Champ would bring the Boom and call the NCAA. All schools have the handshakes but where the pastor was questioned is because he baptized multiple players on campus and they felt that wasn't the appropriate place to baptize persons. I personally didn't see anything wrong with it. If a players family didn't push religion and Mushchamp had a player wanting to be baptized I would love it! Great for the player and good story for the school!

If it was so obvious Champ would bring the Boom and call the NCAA. All schools have the handshakes but where the pastor was questioned is because he baptized multiple players on campus and they felt that wasn't the appropriate place to baptize persons. I personally didn't see anything wrong with it. If a players family didn't push religion and Mushchamp had a player wanting to be baptized I would love it! Great for the player and good story for the school!
Clemson sure is becoming more and more politically correct it seems. Can't even get baptized in "God's country".

Reactions: Jpcooper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT