ADVERTISEMENT

Where will Rattler be next year?

Gamecock8

Sep 27, 2020
I always believed Rattler would be 1 and done in Columbia. After looking at his entire body of work for the season, most of us can agree his first 10 games left a lot to be desired. He obviously had a career game against Tennessee and a decent (although not great) game against Clemson. I’m thinking that he returns for another year to boost his draft stock, if he can use the last 2 games as a spring board to show NFL scouts he’s a top QB prospect. We have seen flashes of his abilities the last 2 games. I was curious what y’all think going into bowl season?

I have been told that Rattler has the chance to do NIL deals worth $1 million if he returns to Carolina. He has to weigh whether he would make more at USC or in the NFL next year. It may be better for him to come bacK from a financial perspective. That’s why NIL deals will be game changers for star players with questionable NFL prospects.

I have been told that Rattler has the chance to do NIL deals worth $1 million if he returns to Carolina. He has to weigh whether he would make more at USC or in the NFL next year. It may be better for him to come bacK from a financial perspective. That’s why NIL deals will be game changers for star players with questionable NFL prospects.

It's crazy to think about but I think you may be right.

Rattler may be worth more as a QB here than an NFL quarterback next year.

From a Clemson fan's prospective I think Rattler comes back next year with his coach to try to lead the Gamecocks to a possible CFP bid. My wife is a Gamecock fan and I've begun to accept this is a rivalry game again. Cheers USC fans! This is gonna be fun sh*t talking each other again!
OUR sh t don’t stink,…….for a whole year!!!😎

Reactions: Areukidding1
A key for him next year if he comes back is who else comes back....we lose a lot of playmakers around him that could be tough for him.
True — unless we get a whole lot of O-linemen via the transfer portal, Rattler will be running for his life next year. My thoughts on leaving for NFL now: his stock is low due to his TD to interception number. He is prone to throwing interceptions at critical times.

I always believed Rattler would be 1 and done in Columbia. After looking at his entire body of work for the season, most of us can agree his first 10 games left a lot to be desired. He obviously had a career game against Tennessee and a decent (although not great) game against Clemson. I’m thinking that he returns for another year to boost his draft stock, if he can use the last 2 games as a spring board to show NFL scouts he’s a top QB prospect. We have seen flashes of his abilities the last 2 games. I was curious what y’all think going into bowl season?
I agree that his start here was poor considering the hype. But the last two games show how his new found confidence gives us a real chance to be elite. We would not have beaten Clemson without him. That is a profound advantage. Look at how the Clemson QB faded under pressure. Rattler does not get "raddled." The CU staff learned that the hard way. I agree that he needs to stay. He could make millions with a first round pick status.

I think he has to return for another year
When he drops back to pass he locks in on his primary receiver
Oddly, When he scrambles he is able to read the field

During the SC - Clemson game it appears he gets receiver Myopic

He has incredible accuracy and strength (my wife kept asking why does he throw the ball so hard)

Another year could raise his draft stock with some “visual education”

He should come back and hopefully show out for an entire year next year. Under previous coaches we have had so many guys leave early and not get drafted, hopefully things are different and Spencer is getting good advice and we see him for another year.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Team Spencer will tell him to go while he is hot.

Unfortunately, a good bowl performance will outweigh potential of a shaky offense in 2023. He has proven to those that doubted it that he is back to the best version of himself.

Next up Mr. Doty!

Reactions: cockofdawn
He seems to be very accurate on deep throws. He is terrible on going through the progression, and is late on almost every throw. Fortunately for him, the strength of his arm saves him on many of those throws. He has raw talent, but needs to work on technique. I just hope he isn't too headstrong to actually work to improve. Lots of raw talent though.

Reactions: Cockytalk84
A key for him next year if he comes back is who else comes back....we lose a lot of playmakers around him that could be tough for him.
We need to pick up a big time free agency receiver. Once the portal opens, I'm sure Beamer will have a few on his radar to bring in.

Rumor is that Rattler has signed $100 million contract with the Eskimos. 😛

eskimos.jpg

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...attler-nfl-draft-vs-return-to-south-carolina/ This is an article from Saturday down south. Spencer Rattler is projected to be a 6h or 7th round pick in the NFL draft. Hoping that when he talks with his family and the NFL people he will make a decison to return. That is my hope.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Absolutely ignorant if he doesn't decide to return. He will have an opportunity to redeem himself from this terrible season performance wise. After being talked about a first round pick to fall to 6th or 7th....he can't be satisfied with that.

Absolutely ignorant if he doesn't decide to return. He will have an opportunity to redeem himself from this terrible season performance wise. After being talked about a first round pick to fall to 6th or 7th....he can't be satisfied with that.

It's arrogant to think he's going to improve back to being a 1st or 2nd round pick with one more season.

Reactions: Neanderthal
Yep…. Think about this, if a player decides to go pro and does not get drafted in the top three or four rounds, he can’t come back and get big NIL money and other than a little signing bonus, there’s no guarantees you are making any team. I think the NIL is going to help us keep some people around a little longer. Much different than if they stay and remain with little to no income. It’s not my decision, but if I am rattler I take NIL money and return.

It's arrogant to think he's going to improve back to being a 1st or 2nd round pick with one more season.

I think you're using the word arrogant wrong. It might be presumptuous of me, but it's not arrogant. Might even be optimistic of me. And by the way he's played in the last two games against top 10 competition there's no reason to believe he can't do that. Hopefully we will hire an OC that will truly bring out the best in him.

I think he goes. I also think a good Bowl game showing and he goes w/o a doubt. His family has to tell him to strike while iron is hot!!! Bad bowl performance and he may stay, he doesn’t want a bad taste on the mouths of NFL scouts.

Reactions: GCDC1959
I think you're using the word arrogant wrong. It might be presumptuous of me, but it's not arrogant. Might even be optimistic of me. And by the way he's played in the last two games against top 10 competition there's no reason to believe he can't do that. Hopefully we will hire an OC that will truly bring out the best in him.

It's a very big risk for Rattler. He's had an amazing last two games. Those were a lot different games than the first 10. If he comes back and regresses back to the first 10 games, it only hurts his stock. So I won't blame him if he does go pro.

However, I think he's looking at so much NIL money to come back next year that it will likely be more than a rook NFL salary. We desperately need him next year to keep building on the momentum.

While usually true, they have that process that tells players an expected draft range. That may be sobering.
Absolutely! I've seen reports where even might be an UDA! BIG difference in that Rookie contract between UDA and possible 1st or 2nd round with a GREAT year under his belt!

Absolutely! I've seen reports where even might be an UDA! BIG difference in that Rookie contract between UDA and possible 1st or 2nd round with a GREAT year under his belt!
He needs to show some consistency. Some games are great, others lousy. Won't spend a high pick on that.

ADVERTISEMENT