ADVERTISEMENT

Which SEC school is Cowherd talking about?

I would not doubt that it is happening somewhere....but Cowherd would not know anything about it.
Why wouldn’t he? I would guess everyone pays players to some extent in the SEC.

Well one could begin a exercise in the process of reasonable elimination.
Could it be a school that has so much booster money it can afford to pay off the schools head coach mortgage. Not to say it is that school, but if there is that much disposable income, then paying players would not appear to be a financial issue.

Just a thought.

Bring in the FBI.

Barney Fife would be better...

barney4.gif

He may be insinuating UGA simply because they just landed the #1 class. And to be honest, I have no idea what Kirby's recruiting tactics have been. That said, UGA was a victim of this garbage for 15 years under Richt. They lost a handful of five-star prospects virtually every single year of the Richt era to rivals that flat-out bought them, Auburn in particular, but Ole' Miss, Tennessee, and other rivals as well. It was common knowledge among recruiting experts and even HS coaches that UGA simply wouldn't offer what other programs were offering to the elite prospects.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Maybe, but Barney isn't the one who jolted men's basketball.
No he wasn't but neither was the FBI. What jolted college basketball was the sorry way the NCAA handled the tarholes giving the middle finger to all the rules that govern college sports.

I say aTm. It mentions Coherd is a west coast guy so it would make sense that he has more connections with a more western school. And, as a previous poster stated there seems to be a lot of sleeze there.

Reactions: okccock
But this time, mine is going to end up being correct. UNC skated, and to them, it's all that mattered.
I disagree they showed what the NCAA is made of. Its a joke and answers the question why even have that bunch of losers governing college sports.

I say aTm. It mentions Coherd is a west coast guy so it would make sense that he has more connections with a more western school. And, as a previous poster stated there seems to be a lot of sleeze there.

A lot of sleeze there plus they have a lot of money.

ADVERTISEMENT