ADVERTISEMENT

while the ladies were cutting down the nets

masterjet90

Sep 30, 2001
all the talking heads discussing the foul trouble Miss. St's big girl got into.. she is good, but to hear them talk she is the lady's LeBron James.. even with the 3 fouls she looked defeated to me.. like I said, she is pretty good, but I don't think she is a complete player..

I totally agree, McCowen is two steps to slow when trying to defend Wilson. She is a terror to the other teams in the SEC when she's two feet from the basket. The announcers also gave Vivians a lot of love.

McCown is no A'ja. That said she has gone from being in very poor shape as a Fr. and averaging 6pts and 6rpg to 18 pts and 14rebs as a Jr. Good player, great attitude...... she is no Sophie Cunningham

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Vivians is very good and I wish we could get a new player of her caliber. Morris of Kentucky is another slasher and shooter that we'd be fortunate to have as a Gamecock. Very pleased with the improved play of our second tier bigs lately. Don't think I am in favor of A'ja bringing the ball up the court for reasons other than it can tire her more than necessary. Last SEC game and all that but she is too valuable in her main roles. The whole team played so much better in the last two games than any other recent ones. We do tend to fall into mid court and sideline traps and picks too much though. Not to mention some of the bad passes that often result from the traps or even for no reason at all.

Love watching 'em though. Go Gamecocks!

Reactions: Gaimcock and Brace1
McCown is no A'ja. That said she has gone from being in very poor shape as a Fr. and averaging 6pts and 6rpg to 18 pts and 14rebs as a Jr. Good player, great attitude...... she is no Sophie Cunningham

No one on MSU's team (or their coach) is like the Mizzou team. Back to State, they lose 4 starters; only McCowan will be back. She has greatly improved over her career, but with a sturdy backcourt. Next year will be interesting. BTW, we have 4 starters returning next season.

she would be a reserve on my team.. I always thought our girls could beat her down the court.. ty harris proved that..
Congrats on that 4th STRAIGHT SEC CHAMPIONSHIP Coach Staley!!!! =;-p

Seriously though, I am indeed quite proud of our Lady Gamecock!!!!

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT