ADVERTISEMENT

Who do we finish this recruiting class with?

Here's how I think we close:

Horn
Sandidge
Gwyn
Wonnum
Tindall
Jackson

We will lose a couple of current commitments to make this work, but this is how I see it shaking out. This would put us around #12 in the country per 247, maybe higher depending on how high Thompson is once the revised ratings come out. (He's going to be a high 4 star).

When UVA or Cal students get into squabbles like this with other fans, they don't include UGA in their list. And to be honest, I don't even know what your GPA and SAT scores mean anymore. They've been inflated so much over the years to make everyone feel better about themselves that they don't mean much to someone who graduated in the 90's.
GPA are inflated and weighted to accommodate the growing AP classes in HS. but on another level now but SAT is still the same. Those numbers are still based on just reading and math. SAT is a standardized test, can’t really change it to make people feel better about themselves.

Reactions: Athenscock1

Horn
Sandidge
Gwyn
Wonnum
Tindall
Jackson

We will lose a couple of current commitments to make this work, but this is how I see it shaking out. This would put us around #12 in the country per 247, maybe higher depending on how high Thompson is once the revised ratings come out. (He's going to be a high 4 star).

I would say remove Tindall. That’s just my opinion. Think he is set on Ga. even without Tindall if we can get them it’s a good class. Jackson may be tough. Heard FSU new staff is on him

Reactions: anon_n4c0cp5zhdxn7
You do realize that school rankings like the ones you reference are just ADVERTISING, right? Colleges PAY those publications to rank them higher to get more people to enroll... but hey if it makes you feel smart, go ahead and quote them.

It is akin to quoting a McDonalds add as proof that the Big Mac is the best hamburger in America. JFTR

No- not as much fake news out there as you are led to believe. The rankings like US News are legit but they can be gamed.

I remember many years ago (12 maybe?) the rankings were questioned (like how can anyone really know whether William & Mary is better than Bryn Mawr or Wofford?). Turns out there were quantifiable metrics involved and once they were all known it was possible to fudge.

Clemson's prexy was obsessed. One of the criteria was percentage of grads who donated to the school. They guy started a campaign to get as many as he could to make just $5 donations since the metric didn't count amounts- just whether you gave. It did give CU a bump in the standings.

GPA are inflated and weighted to accommodate the growing AP classes in HS. but on another level now but SAT is still the same. Those numbers are still based on just reading and math. SAT is a standardized test, can’t really change it to make people feel better about themselves.
If I recall correctly, SAT scoring changed the year after I graduated. The top score was 1600 when I took it and it went to 2400 the next year.

If I recall correctly, SAT scoring changed the year after I graduated. The top score was 1600 when I took it and it went to 2400 the next year.
That’s included with the writing portion. Most universities including USC and UGA don’t need it, so the numbers are still based off a 1600 with reading and math. If you’re going into a journalism or writing type degree they may consider the writing portion. But when a school gives their mean or median SAT it’s out of 1600.

Horn
Sandidge
Gwyn
Wonnum
Tindall
Jackson

Remove Tindall and add Louis.

Remove Tindall and add Louis.
Like to get em both, but looking more like we get Louis instead. Rosendo would be a great addition to a class that is shaping up nicely. Remember losing Rolin years ago and picked up Skai. That worked out great for us!

Ok...as one who lives in Virginia, the only school that is better than UVA in the SEC is Vanderbilt and not by much. UGA and UF are close to UVA and UNC academically, but we are not there yet and have a way to go to get there.

They need to move MCG to Athens.

Auburn, Alabama, Miss St and Ole Miss will now match Georgia instate tuition for GA residents. I found that very interesting.
UNC. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT