ADVERTISEMENT

Who do y’all like better

Compared to the USPS, both are great. I use UPS more because their local store is awesome. But it’s a tough one, like Mike Ditka versus a hurricane named Mike Ditka.
Use UPS basically same reason. I see about the same number for each in our neighborhood.

We’ve only had two packages ever turn up missing and both of those were with FedEx.

UPS service for me personally winds hands down. UPS will deliver package on my front doorstep. FedEx without fail delivers in front of garage door and if the door is up behind one our cars. It's amazing we haven't run over a package yet.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I find them both to be about the same. UPS store close to my house, so that tilts scale in their favor.

One caveat for both. Both have a service where shipping is performed by either UPS or FedEx to the destination city, but then final delivery is performed by USPS. For FedEx it's called SmartPost. I think UPS is Mail Innovations That sucks.

USPS tracking sucks. I hate them for that reason. Item tracking will show something like "arrived at origination post office" for like 3 days with no updates. Then suddenly on Day 4 the tracking information will populate and show where all it's been and that it's out for delivery.

Reactions: adcoop
Screw FedEx, I had a package signed by the driver while he delivered it to the wrong address. Luckily my neighbor down the street brought it to me.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
1. USPS delivers my packages securely.
2. UPS will leave my package on my porch and attempt to conceal it.
3. Fed-Ex just seems to drive by and chunk my package out of the truck sorta somewhat in the general vicinity of my house.

As someone that works for a small business that ships thousands of packages and has used them all:
- FedEx is best for expedited service (Next Day or 2-Day).
- UPS is best for regular ground service. FedEx Ground is ok for business-to-business but is terrible for residential delivery.
- USPS is fine if you don't need tracking and is very good for the sheer volume of deliveries they have to make.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
I have had 2 cases where the USPS messed up 2 deliveries. Both UPS and FedEx seem to be about equal.

I like UPS. However, when I had my business there were two instances where my packages were delayed unexpectedly. Both times were when it was crucial that I get them on time. And both times they got stuck in Chapel Hill NC. Other than that I found them to be very reliable.

I had a FedEx driver that chose not to walk up 5 steps to set my daughters medicine on the porch. He tossed the box that had fragile on it to the door from the bottom step which was a glass bottle that contained the medicine. I called to complain and they said we will have a talk with him so my vote is UPS

Fed Ex left 13 LCD panels on a side walk next to my customers business that had to close early, with instructions on their door to please hold shipping. Amazingly after three days they weren’t taken, but who ever thought it might rain.

service matters & have about 1600 of these issues in my career with fed ex & less than 10 with UPS.

& Dale Jarrett used to drive the truck ;)

Reactions: SCexpat38
FedEx has responded to CoVID much better than UPS. UPS has gone to this system of dropping packages off at your local post office and then you have to wait 2-3 more days for the USPS to deliver it. FedEx continues to deliver directly.

I usually use USPS.

Mailed a next day letter priority express last week and it got to the Midwest destination the next day on time.

I was pleased.

FedEx has responded to CoVID much better than UPS. UPS has gone to this system of dropping packages off at your local post office and then you have to wait 2-3 more days for the USPS to deliver it. FedEx continues to deliver directly.
Actually they both do that, according to the service you select. FedEx's service is called Smart Post. We use it for deliveries that aren't time sensitive and it saves a few bucks.

I prefer to hand carry all my packages to their destination. It’s free. And great exercise!

Reactions: uscg1984
I got it, even if no one else did.

WILSON!

UnkemptDearestGecko-size_restricted.gif

As someone that works for a small business that ships thousands of packages and has used them all:
- FedEx is best for expedited service (Next Day or 2-Day).
- UPS is best for regular ground service. FedEx Ground is ok for business-to-business but is terrible for residential delivery.
- USPS is fine if you don't need tracking and is very good for the sheer volume of deliveries they have to make.

Actually, Ups has a better service record for expedited service (Next Day or 2Day) than FedEx..

But then I am biased...

The last time I had something shipped by FedEx it took 2 weeks for my package to move 2 states. I tend to use USPS more than either. USPS also seems to be much faster than either of the other 2.

The USPS has been inundated with packages since Covid started. Some of their mailmen have not dealt very well with the increased workload/longer hours. As far as I know the delivery mailmen are payed by the length of the route, not the time it takes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT