ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you expect to win the College World Series?

Who do you expect to win the College World Series?

• Florida

• Mississippi State

• Oregon State

• Arkansas

• Texas

• Texas Tech

• North Carolina

• Washington

• Clemson

• Omaha is too close to the looming Yellowstone super volcano eruption for the WS to be completed.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Got to go with Miss State. My cuz plays for them and is my favorite player in college baseball. Jake Mangum is what college baseball is all about.

Big battle now for both the Beavers and the Gators. Both having to come through the losers bracket. It can be done though. I think we’ve seen that!
I'll be glad to be wrong on account of the Gators. The Beavers I don't mind per se but I am rooting for Washington over them. Surprising results so far though, I thought both of those teams were the clear ones to beat

Reactions: West305
Big battle now for both the Beavers and the Gators. Both having to come through the losers bracket. It can be done though. I think we’ve seen that!

This isn't Texas year. We don't have the pitching. I am just proud they got back to the college WS. But we do have a chance to knock Florida out of the series in our next game. That would be something. Florida throws the guy who was drafted 33rd in the recent draft.

As much as I hate to say it, I think UNC will be in finals and will play Arkansas. I think if they stay hot Arky wins it.

As much as I hate to say it, I think UNC will be in finals and will play Arkansas. I think if they stay hot Arky wins it.
As much as it pains me, UNC looked very good in that first game.

Lets go with the Holes....they did get lucky against OSU with the uncharacteristic errors by the beavers.....it was kind of a role reversal from the last time the two teams met in the CWS. Holes pitching is thin now however due to their starter only lasting 2/3 inning due to arm injury, they ate up the pin and used todays projected starter to close out the game vs OSU.

MSU is in good shape on their side. Arkansas and Florida in the other side. Could we be headed for an all-SEC CWS Final for the 3rd time since 2011?

Speaking of that...to see how dominant the SEC is in baseball, all you have to do is look at how many teams have made it to the final series in the last ten years:

2008 - Georgia
2009 - LSU*
2010 - South Carolina*
2011 - South Carolina* & Florida
2012 - South Carolina
2013 - Mississippi State
2014 - Vanderbilt*
2015 - Vanderbilt
2017 - Florida* & LSU

That’s 6 different SEC teams to reach the CWS Finals in 10 seasons. 5 National Championships by 4 different teams in those 10 seasons. That’s dominance and it could continue in 2018. Unreal.

Beavers will probably win it.
Was hoping our Cocks could make it to the CWS for the potential titanic matchup between the Beavers and the Cocks.

Is there anything preventing us from scheduling an early-season home-and-home with the folks in Corvallis? I know that UGA did this a few years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT