ADVERTISEMENT

Who else is ready for cooler weather and football?

The UNC game up here a few years ago was certainly brutally hot as was the one in Columbia a few years prior which I note because that summer seemed fairly mild up to that point.

It has been a fairly mild and adequately rainy late spring/summer in Charlotte thus far. I've been enjoying it.

It will be 100 degrees at 3pm in Charlotte for the first game.
Yep. The early part of football season is almost always brutal.

But to the OP, yes, I AM looking forward to both, just knowing they won't come at the same time. :)

If I put my house on 70 degrees my nipples would tear through my shirt.

Why, would they be trying to get out and run around the house or something?

My wife won't even let me touch the thermostat.

If I put my house on 70 degrees my nipples would tear through my shirt.
Same here. I adhere to the energy saving settings of 78* in the summer, and 68* in the winter. The wife and kids bitch and moan sometimes, but I can't imagine our elec bill if I let them run the thermostat. :eek:

I keep mine at 76 or 77. When it's really hot outside 77 is fine. In the early morning or when it's milder, 76 is fine. I'm not the type of guy who is always cold. Those temps just seem reasonable to me. Sometimes 76 seems too cold and I bump it up. I do have a small house, but I also hate being unnaturally cold (or hot) when the weather is the opposite outside. It feels weird to me.

Will be going to Charlotte and have already accepted that one will be hot as hell. Hoping the first game in Columbia is tolerable. 9/16 against Kentucky

Not ready for cooler weather. I enjoy the beach too much. Was at Hunting Island State Park on Monday afternoon. The water was delightful.

A major problem with football and the weather is that the season starts too early. During our latter ACC years when the NCAA limited schools to a maximum of 10 regular season games per year, the first game of the season was usually the third Saturday in September. Those three weeks do make a difference.

Now I'm not out here advocating for a shorter season - I'm just explaining the tradeoffs of a longer season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybercock
Yep. The early part of football season is almost always brutal.

But to the OP, yes, I AM looking forward to both, just knowing they won't come at the same time. :)
natives & those who took the usc course lickher drinkin' 101 know the key is hydration..........little pre-game liquid sunshine w/ yer vodka

Other than the wind keeping me from offshore fishing, we have gotten off okay thus far. Don't wanna wish my life away, but I do love the fall, and can't wait till I'm in the stands at our opener.

Reactions: cockburg
It's my understanding that Charlotte decided to move the game to Sat after the "less than stellar" attendance in our opener there vs UnCarolina in 2015 on a Thursday evening.

Thinking out loud, will a hot weather 3:00pm contest be more or less of a deterrent than a Thursday evening contest?

Somebody asked why 3? A bunch of big games week 1 for basically 3 prime time night spots. ABC, ESPN, ESPN2. We are following the big game between Clempson Kent State on ESPN.

Last edited:
Somebody asked why 3? A bunch of big games week 1 for basically 3 prime time night spots. ABC, ESPN, ESPN2. We are following the big game between Clempson Kent State on ESPN.
Kinda wish we had a cupcake for the opener too. Don't get me wrong I love big games but having a glorified scrimmage for the first game seems like a good way to get settled in.

Reactions: rogue cock
I'm going to savor the heat while I still can. The first stage of my move to Montana starts a week from Sunday and I'm sure by Christmas I will have a different opinion about summer heat than I do now.

As for college football, I'm ready but I'm not sure what to think about college football games starting at 10am. I'm reserving my judgment about that.

I haven't quite got to the "I can't wait for fall" yet. Still enjoying the lake.

Reactions: atl-cock
Wow, we run our ac on 72 in the summer and 72 in the winter. I cannot stand being cold or hot. Admittedly I've been super thrilled with our energy bills. We'll run 220 when this next bill closes for gas and electric for 3000 sq ft.

78 I'd be sweating. 68 in winter and my fingers are freezing. I hate that

Wow, we run our ac on 72 in the summer and 72 in the winter. I cannot stand being cold or hot. Admittedly I've been super thrilled with our energy bills. We'll run 220 when this next bill closes for gas and electric for 3000 sq ft.

78 I'd be sweating. 68 in winter and my fingers are freezing. I hate that
Haven't seen from you in a while - hope all is well.
Do you have/use ceiling fans? They don't actually cool a room, but make it more comfortable at a higher temperature - sort of a wind-chill factor, if you will.

Haven't seen from you in a while - hope all is well.
Do you have/use ceiling fans? They don't actually cool a room, but make it more comfortable at a higher temperature - sort of a wind-chill factor, if you will.

Yea, I'm all good here. Between work, my 20 month old son, my pregnant wife and trying to finish an unfinished basement room I don't have much time to post. I still frequent the forum.

We do have ceiling fans and we def don't use them as much as we should. I totally agree that we should use them more.

Reactions: atl-cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT