ADVERTISEMENT

Who else thinks timeout rule needs to be changed?

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
poor Texas kicker made back to back 52 yard field goals and Brian Kelly calls timeout twice in a row right at the last second. Kicker misses the third. That rule needs changing badly where only players can call timeouts not coaches.

Reactions: lilburncock
Using timeouts in an offensive context versus a defensive context. It backfired in the BYU-Nebraska game.

Had the very same thought and agree 100%. I don't have a problem with the timeouts BEFORE the play starts, but I just feel that once the play starts and the ball is snapped, TO's should not be allowed and both teams take the result of the play. It's just so cheezy to wait and call a timeout a split second before the snap.

Had the very same thought and agree 100%. I don't have a problem with the timeouts BEFORE the play starts, but I just feel that once the play starts and the ball is snapped, TO's should not be allowed and both teams take the result of the play. It's just so cheezy to wait and call a timeout a split second before the snap.
I think that once the ball is set, if the offensive team snaps the ball before play is stopped for a timeout called by the defense on a kicking play, the offense gets the choice to take the play or accept the timeout. So if they make the kick, it stands. If they miss it, the timeout is allowed and they get to try again. That would put an end to this crap.

ADVERTISEMENT