ADVERTISEMENT

Who gets the start tomorrow?

Chapman pitched well in the regular season start against Arkansas, but got roughed up in the tournament. Mlodzinski has pitched well of late. I’d go with Mlodzinski but whoever starts should be on a short leash.
Isaiah Campbell, the Arkansas starter is 4-6 with a 4.17era

Too bad we had to use up Bridges for 3 and 1/3 innings but you do what you have to survive I guess. Morris should have gotten at least one more inning and possibly two thru the 7th. He was pushing 90 pitches after 5 but could have gotten at least one more inning. Our bullpen is very thin now.

Also he’s a righty so most likely Williams back at 1B and Blair in CF. Man I wish TJ was ready to start

Good point. I agree these lineup changes will likely be made as well.

TJ would be a huge boost.

Just glad we’re in a spot to get to Omaha. Never imagined this at 20-17.....or at the end of 2017!

Morris should have gotten at least one more inning and possibly two thru the 7th. He was pushing 90 pitches after 5 but could have gotten at least one more inning. Our bullpen is very thin now.
I hate to say it because I think Kingston has done an amazing job with what he inherited, but if we lose tomorrow because the bullpen couldn’t hold em, I’ll look back at that move as possibly costing us a trip to Omaha.
Hopefully it won’t come back to bite us

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Another reason to start Mlodzinski is I don’t think Arkansas has faced him. Usually the advantage goes to the pitcher in that scenario. Assuming he can handle the pressure

Too bad we had to use up Bridges for 3 and 1/3 innings but you do what you have to survive I guess. Morris should have gotten at least one more inning and possibly two thru the 7th. He was pushing 90 pitches after 5 but could have gotten at least one more inning. Our bullpen is very thin now.
cody may have confessed 2 coach he was out of gas........team players do that

Arkansas lineup is an absolute brute. I think Morris did everything he could thru 5 with all the fn errors. We cannot do that to our pitchers tomorrow or we will get 10 hung on us in a hurry

Good point. Had we fielded worth a crap today it might’ve been easier for Morris to go 7-8 innings. Those are the little things that can make a difference in a series. Especially with the lack of pitching depth.

But give the guys credit for finding a way to win

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
Arkansas lineup is an absolute brute. I think Morris did everything he could thru 5 with all the fn errors. We cannot do that to our pitchers tomorrow or we will get 10 hung on us in a hurry
Agreed. Even their nine hole hitter is a stud. I bet Cody was breathing a sigh of relief when we put up the big inning and he got word he was done. 12,000 unrelenting fans on top of that. No surprise theyre so tough at home.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
Agreed. Even their nine hole hitter is a stud. I bet Cody was breathing a sigh of relief when we put up the big inning and he got word he was done. 12,000 unrelenting fans on top of that. No surprise theyre so tough at home.

ARK has only 4 home losses all season ... 2 of those are to the Cocks. Let’s make them 2-3 against us in their home stadium tomorrow!

Regardless of who starts it'll probably be pitcher by committee. Cant afford to get in any kind of hole. Carmen starts with both Chapmans available along with Shook and Coyne.

Chapman pitched well in the regular season start against Arkansas, but got roughed up in the tournament. Mlodzinski has pitched well of late. I’d go with Mlodzinski but whoever starts should be on a short leash.
Isaiah Campbell, the Arkansas starter is 4-6 with a 4.17era
Short leash is definitely the key. At the very first sign of trouble, put in another pitcher. Keep ARK off balance by throwing everything and everybody at them.

I wouldn' rule out Eddy in an 8th and 9th inning role, if we can get it there. Must score every chance. I do like our bats now after that big inning. But we may need to put up 7 to 10 runs

cody may have confessed 2 coach he was out of gas........team players do that

He was out of gas. Pitching in that heat would do it to anyone. He was having trouble locating his pitches and was getting wild. I have no problem with the decision.

I’d like to see Cullen at 1B tomorrow also but with a righty on the mound and Kingston obviously thinking Williams is his better defensive 1st baseman I doubt it
Cullen has about as many hits as Williams does. Both are offensively challenged.

ADVERTISEMENT