ADVERTISEMENT

Who hires a coach first?

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if SC is the last to hire someone out of Vandy, VT, Tenn and any other job that opens up after Saturday.

It is exactly what happened last time. Exactly.

Now I don't think that is Ray's intention but he is going down the same kind of road. Right now, he THINKS he is finishing up the process. But all of a sudden he THINKS he is going to call the guy he chooses and get it wrapped up and what do you know, VT or Tenn has swooped in and hired "Tanner's guy."

Then SC is back to scrambling.

Reactions: gwdgamecock92
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if SC is the last to hire someone out of Vandy, VT, Tenn and any other job that opens up after Saturday.

Now I don't think that is Ray's intention but he is going down the same kind of road. Right now, he THINKS he is finishing up the process. But all of a sudden he THINKS he is going to call the guy he chooses and get it wrapped up and what do you know, VT or Tenn has swooped in and hired "Tanner's guy."

he still has interviews to do

I'm sticking with we hire Beamer within 48 hours of the end of the Kentucky game. I think they are waiting because they know if they throw it out there too soon people will say we settled for Beamer when we could've gotten a more qualified coach. They are trying to go cheap by hiring a coach no one else wants and will probably try to retain at least a few assistants as well.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
I'm sticking with we hire Beamer within 48 hours of the end of the Kentucky game. I think they are waiting because they know if they throw it out there too soon people will say we settled for Beamer when we could've gotten a more qualified coach. They are trying to go cheap by hiring a coach no one else wants and will probably try to retain at least a few assistants as well.
Eh, IDK. It seems like they could've already announced him a week or so ago and he could've already hit the recruiting trail -- in whatever form is currently viable -- and try to salvage this recruiting class. Apparently, it's a strength of his.

I'm hoping Napier gets the nod after his interview this weekend.

My concern exactly

He's as bad a hire as Muschamp. It's unbelievable. Tanner couldn't even hire the right baseball coach. Why in the world would we think or allow him to hire the next football coach. He's not made a good hire ever.

He's as bad a hire as Muschamp. It's unbelievable. Tanner couldn't even hire the right baseball coach. Why in the world would we think or allow him to hire the next football coach. He's not made a good hire ever.
Laughable Beamer is a much better hire. Muschamp had failed at Florida. Beamer has learned everything he needs to be a ceo type coach which is what I think we need.

Laughable Beamer is a much better hire. Muschamp had failed at Florida. Beamer has learned everything he needs to be a ceo type coach which is what I think we need.
Agree I think Beamer has impressed a lot of the guys within the interview. My thinking is his plan and the staff he has proposed has pretty much blown everyone else away. All the years and people he has been around, contact wise.

Yeah, I think Beamer would be much better than Muschamp. But the next few years might rough while he gets his feet wet. Napier or Chadwell might start winning games sooner. It's really hard to tell how much talent is on the team. It might turn out to be less than we thought.

Yeah, I think Beamer would be much better than Muschamp. But the next few years might rough while he gets his feet wet. Napier or Chadwell might start winning games sooner. It's really hard to tell how much talent is on the team. It might turn out to be less than we thought.
I can tell you it’s less than people think. I think, and I know some don’t agree, is to get in the top 10 consistently in recruiting. You can do that with winning the games you should and maybe 1 or 2 a year you shouldn’t and bring excitement to the program.
People laugh about the nap room and slide up in cowtown but that brought excitement and mystery to the program to get people to visit. That’s the first half of the battle.

Eh, IDK. It seems like they could've already announced him a week or so ago and he could've already hit the recruiting trail -- in whatever form is currently viable -- and try to salvage this recruiting class. Apparently, it's a strength of his.

I'm hoping Napier gets the nod after his interview this weekend.

I think Napier knows he is one of the leading candidates for any job sans maybe Texas, even then he could be if Meyer doesn’t work out for them.

He has no reason to settle just to get a raise. He will get one this year or next.

The rumor has already been floated that he wanted more money (either for himself or for staff or both) than what Ray and Caslen were thinking.

I suspect Beamer will be announced as the next HC by Tuesday of next week.

Ray probably doesn’t think Chadwell is ready enough, kind of like Lincoln Riley wasn’t.

This is what should chap everyone‘s hide. Lincoln on paper was a far better candidate than Beamer by a long shot. Yet 5 years ago, Champ was a better selection and Lincoln was too young and inexperienced. A mere 14 months or so later, he is the HC of team that is probably one of the top 10 jobs in the country. SC is boardeline top 10 in its own conference.

This should tell everyone that Ray does not have an eye for talent or a feel for making big decision that have risk attached.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I think Napier knows he is one of the leading candidates for any job sans maybe Texas, even then he could be if Meyer doesn’t work out for them.

He has no reason to settle just to get a raise. He will get one this year or next.

The rumor has already been floated that he wanted more money (either for himself or for staff or both) than what Ray and Caslen were thinking.

I suspect Beamer will be announced as the next HC by Tuesday of next week.

Ray probably doesn’t think Chadwell is ready enough, kind of like Lincoln Riley wasn’t.

This is what should chap everyone‘s hide. Lincoln on paper was a far better candidate than Beamer by a long shot. Yet 5 years ago, Champ was a better selection and Lincoln was too young and inexperienced. A mere 14 months or so later, he is the HC of team that is probably one of the top 10 jobs in the country. SC is boardeline top 10 in its own conference.

This should tell everyone that Ray does not have an eye for talent or a feel for making big decision that have risk attached.
The one thing I've heard that gives me comfort is that the story about Napier wanting too much money is false -- regardless of whatever doublespeak Kornblutt is reporting now.

Apparently Napier is still very interested, but won't say yes or no until after his final regular season game tomorrow night. It would seem to bode well that he's supposed to be interviewing again Saturday. 🤞🤞

I didn't figure they would announce the coach until after the season anyway... Say Sunday or Monday...

I do hope you are correct.....

I can tell you it’s less than people think. I think, and I know some don’t agree, is to get in the top 10 consistently in recruiting. You can do that with winning the games you should and maybe 1 or 2 a year you shouldn’t and bring excitement to the program.
People laugh about the nap room and slide up in cowtown but that brought excitement and mystery to the program to get people to visit. That’s the first half of the battle.
I agree 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT