ADVERTISEMENT

Who leaves the team in 2017 to make room for Minaya?

No one leaves the team. Temarcus Blanton will go on a medical hardship scholarship which will not count numbers wise.

Tut and Blanton are 2 choices. Tut not much of a contributor and you can tell Blanton has physical issues still.

Of those 4 above mentioned, none of them will ever be a meaningful contributor for any div1 team. A couple of them look like they have never played basketball before college and have no clue what they are supposed to do on the court.

Of those 4 above mentioned, none of them will ever be a meaningful contributor for any div1 team. A couple of them look like they have never played basketball before college and have no clue what they are supposed to do on the court.

U R A NUT!

Keita was a meaningful contributor in our final four run. There were several games where made strong defensively,grabbed a big rebound and earned an extra possession on sheer bustle and guts.
Keita didn't do much of anything. He looked as though he never played basket ball at times.

Keita will contribute. Remember Silva last year? Hell, even early this year? Keita has some tools and raw talent and I trust in Frank and co. to continue to develop them. The others mentioned? Not so much.

He was just a body to fill space. Kids mortgage their future to get an education and we had guys going to school for free without the skills worthy of the opportunity. Frankly embarrassing.

Here is the deal on Keita....

Regular season and SEC Tourn:
Very little impact made...a lot of looking like someone very new to the game....I think we can all agree there. I would say he gave us below average impact for a typical D1 underclassmen backup with his size.

NCAA Tournement:
Made noticeable hustle plays and played more aggressive on D and in rebounding. These occurred in mostly short spells but was a noticeable improvement on what he was producing during the regular season. I would say he gave us average impact for a typical D1 underclassmen backup of his size.

So, everyone is right....

He improved in the tournament

His improvement in the tournament did not result in ABOVE average play if you were comparing him to other D1 underclassmen backups....BUT, it was better than what we'd gotten from him in the regular season, so it was an improvement in that sense.

Hopefully the trend continues and as he comes into next year healthy he can make a more regular impact in games.

Pull up the video from this past season and show me Keita's highlights. Don't give the excuse about him being injured. He played more than half of the season.

Why don't break the wrist on your shooting hand..Then go 4 mos where you can't shoot or dribble a basketball...The go play basketball at the major college leveland show off your skill set...we'll see how you do..

Keita was not as good as Silva was his freshman year. But I don't think he was much worse than Big Chat. Big Chat ended up being serviceable by his junior/senior years.

Kieta rejects the notion he is leaving the team

920x920.jpg

Time to trim the fat

Y'all are seriously challenged. Keita isn't going anywhere, because he can contribute. Now...Ran Tut looked like a tall guy that never saw a basketball in his life. With Blanton's injuries, he is probably going to get the medical hardship.

Reactions: lawcalcock
If Gueye ever becomes a major contributor in big time college basketball I will turn into Mickey Mouse.

Be careful, i felt the same way when i saw Big Chat as a freshmen...By the time he was a junior, he was a decent SEC player...Gueye just took up the game 2 yrs ago...He has tools to work with

Y'all are seriously challenged. Keita isn't going anywhere, because he can contribute. Now...Ran Tut looked like a tall guy that never saw a basketball in his life. With Blanton's injuries, he is probably going to get the medical hardship.

I have read just one poster looney enough to want Keita run off...A poster i doubt is even a Gamecock fan to begin with

Reactions: GamecockWarrior
I have read just one poster looney enough to want Keita run off...A poster i doubt is even a Gamecock fan to begin with
There was one poster this past season that not only wanted Bianca Cuevas benched, but wanted her completely off the team. That would have worked out real well.

There was one poster this past season that not only wanted Bianca Cuevas benched, but wanted her completely off the team. That would have worked out real well.

we have some loonies no doubts...I have been telling fans for 2 yrs the more Cuevas plays the more we score and the better we are...We have a lot of great players in the womens program...But we are not National Champions without Bianca Cuevas

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Isn't he a walk on anyway?
Maybe he is, that would make sense. Don't want to knock the young man but he seems below SEC caliber as a player. I did notice he's a music major; now there's something you don't see every day. 6'8 guy studying music :confused:

Keita will contribute. Remember Silva last year? Hell, even early this year? Keita has some tools and raw talent and I trust in Frank and co. to continue to develop them. The others mentioned? Not so much.
Keith physically looks the part.

we have some loonies no doubts...I have been telling fans for 2 yrs the more Cuevas plays the more we score and the better we are...We have a lot of great players in the womens program...But we are not National Champions without Bianca Cuevas
There are some including me who ate crow on Ceuvas and Kayla. They have so much talent, but made so many boneheaded decisions and lack of effort plays that cost our team some wins. They got it together down the stretch. Big time college coaches have the patience of Job. As for the men, see ya Holliman, Tut, and sadly Blanton. There is no room for them on a SEC roster.

There are some including me who ate crow on Ceuvas and Kayla. They have so much talent, but made so many boneheaded decisions and lack of effort plays that cost our team some wins. They got it together down the stretch. Big time college coaches have the patience of Job. As for the men, see ya Holliman, Tut, and sadly Blanton. There is no room for them on a SEC roster.
Holliman will be back, he is a walkon. Blanton will be back and on medical hardship because of his hip, which means there is room RIGHT NOW for Tut. Your ignorance and total lack of respect for our players is staggering.

Holliman will be back, he is a walkon. Blanton will be back and on medical hardship because of his hip, which means there is room RIGHT NOW for Tut. Your ignorance and total lack of respect for our players is staggering.
All I will say is Bruce Pearl and Avery Johnson would not have these players on their rosters. Coming off a final four run, if we have an opportunity to improve our roster, we should. This is big business, Tut got a free year of school. I hate it for Blanton, he had talent. Holliman had to play some last year bc depth issues. I apologize for not knowing Holliman was a walk on, you don't have to talk down to other posters.

Keita was a bit of a disappointment this season but I'll give him a pass since he was coming off of an injury. He possesses some physical tools that can't be coached and as long as he works hard and develops he can be a major contributor. Gueye is 7 ft. tall and was a project coming in. He should get better each year. As to whether or not he'll be a major factor, we won't know just yet. He still brings a big body and 5 fouls to the court. Get out there and get some rebounds and block some shots and clog the lane. That's what we really want from him right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT