ADVERTISEMENT

Who on here used to watch the show Dallas back in the day?

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
My parents used to watch it when I was an infant/toddler. So out of curiosity and boredom during this quarantine, I decided to check out some old episodes as well as see what people were saying about it on youtube. Some observations:

1) Jock Ewing was the man! R.I.P Jim Davis

2) J.R was an @$$#○£€ with a big mouth who was worthless in a fistfight(unless he was beating up Cliff Barnes). Though he did have the best lines. R.I.P to Larry Hagman

3) Miss Ellie was the only character on the show with any class.

4) Victoria Principal who played Pamela was a babe, though petite she packed one powerful slap.

5) the southfork pool hosted more fights than the MGM grand in Las Vegas

6) Bobby was predictable in a fight: 1st punch was an undercut to the stomach followed by an uppercut to the chin(usually his formula when fighting J.R)

7) the southfork barbecue, the oil barons ball, and any weddings had more combat break out than D-Day.

8) Would not want to get in a fight with Ray Krebbs, he fights to Kill.

9) J.R. lives rent free in Cliff Barnes' head.

I was a fan as a kid back in the 80s. At the time, I didn’t think much of Linda Gray. Now, looking back, she was a lot hotter than I gave her credit for. And she aged well, better than Victoria Principal did.

And yes, Jock Ewing was the man, all day every day.

I loved that show even though I was only 7-8 when it first came out.I still remember the cliffhanger’who shot jr?’ I loved the intro.AS i got into my teens,I discovered that the women on the show was hot.

Reactions: 92Pony
That pool was the place of many fight but that pool was tiny. They made it seem bigger with tricks in the show. If you have never been to south fort it’s a pretty cool place. A museum to the show now but still neat. They found south fort prior to filming by riding in a helicopter. They landed in the owners front yard to cut a deal to film some scenes in the house and the rest is history.

Reactions: Zann77
My parents used to watch it when I was an infant/toddler. So out of curiosity and boredom during this quarantine, I decided to check out some old episodes as well as see what people were saying about it on youtube. Some observations:

2) J.R was an @$$#○£€ with a big mouth who was worthless in a fistfight(unless he was beating up Cliff Barnes). Though he did have the best lines. R.I.P to Larry Hagman

4) Victoria Principal who played Pamela was a babe, though petite she packed one powerful slap.

6) Bobby was predictable in a fight: 1st punch was an undercut to the stomach followed by an uppercut to the chin(usually his formula when fighting J.R)

7) the southfork barbecue, the oil barons ball, and any weddings had more combat break out than D-Day.

Lucy (Charlene Tilton) was a slut — but I wanted some of that every week.

That pool was the place of many fight but that pool was tiny. They made it seem bigger with tricks in the show. If you have never been to south fort it’s a pretty cool place. A museum to the show now but still neat. They found south fort prior to filming by riding in a helicopter. They landed in the owners front yard to cut a deal to film some scenes in the house and the rest is history.
I took the South Fork tour. We were in Dallas visiting relatives and my wife was a huge fan of the show. It's a nice place, but greatly enhanced on TV by the wide-angle lens. That aerial view of the house in the opening is a perfect example that "objects are smaller than they appear".

Reactions: Zann77
I took the South Fork tour. We were in Dallas visiting relatives and my wife was a huge fan of the show. It's a nice place, but greatly enhanced on TV by the wide-angle lens. That aerial view of the house in the opening is a perfect example that "objects are smaller than they appear".
Exactly

Much like the Disneyworld Castle. You finally get to it and it's so small.

They filmed about half the season on location in Texas. You can tell at what point they switched to the studio. For some reason that always bothered me. I wanted the whole season in Texas. The #1 show on TV for a decade and they couldn't film on location? (I guess Bonzana was even worse in that regard)

My parents used to watch it when I was an infant/toddler. So out of curiosity and boredom during this quarantine, I decided to check out some old episodes as well as see what people were saying about it on youtube. Some observat

I confess I was a big fan. Actually, I am rewatching from the first season, now with my wife. I was involved then and still am in the oil and gas business. I really enjoyed the show, particularly when they talked mostly inaccurately about that business. My boss at the time was much like J.R. I know for awhile when the show came on on Friday nights I would watch it before going out on the town. Oh the memories of my youth. Of course, I now expect to get grief because I am in the oil and gas business.

Reactions: titaniumspur
I confess I was a big fan. Actually, I am rewatching from the first season, now with my wife. I was involved then and still am in the oil and gas business. I really enjoyed the show, particularly when they talked mostly inaccurately about that business. My boss at the time was much like J.R. I know for awhile when the show came on on Friday nights I would watch it before going out on the town. Oh the memories of my youth. Of course, I now expect to get grief because I am in the oil and gas business.
Not from me — I’m a limited partner in two oil wells in McAllen, TX and a gas well in Monroe, LA. I also own shares in XOM and several midstream partnerships. And to top it off, I also own shares of a coal and gas producer. All of the companies are doing very well. China, India, and Asia are buying all of the coal and gas we can produce. I love the energy business!

Reactions: titaniumspur
I think I read somewhere that Lesley Anne-Down from North and South was on Dallas for about a year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT