ADVERTISEMENT

Who was that masked man?

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
Here is something I and about five million other people want you to know.

When you see us with our masks still on, or perhaps still staying away from you, we are not crazy. We are dealing with vaccine failure, a side effect of the use of immunosuppressive drugs because of transplant mostly, but also because of some other medical treatments. For us transplant families, Covid is a killer of transplanted organs and recipients. We have to build a wall of vaccinated associates, and that helps a lot, but there is still risk.

So if you see us out, we still live in 2020. We are not crazy. We are just waiting for the day when everyone is vaccinated.....right....or much more likely, the risk and fact profile of covid transmission is even a little better known than it is now. Please respect our space. Trust me, we will give you yours.

Thanks, and count your blessings if you can rip that shield off! Enjoy!

I feel for ya. Hope that day comes soon for you. I've been in lock down for a very long time with a condition where I couldn't wear a mask. First thing i'm gonna do.... I haven't had a hair cut in a year and a half. Think i'm gonna lose the pony tail. Kinda weird I'd be celebrating my freedom with a haircut.

Are mask required in Federal buildings? I just came from one, Navy Weapon Station in Goose Creek. Nobody seemed to know if requirement was lifted? Maybe each commander decides?

Absolutely understandable and absolutely the right attitude to have. Protect yourself but don't expect the whole world to protect you.

Reactions: BigWillieCock

When you see us with our masks still on, or perhaps still staying away from you, we are not crazy. We are dealing with vaccine failure, a side effect of the use of immunosuppressive drugs because of transplant mostly, but also because of some other medical treatments. For us transplant families, Covid is a killer of transplanted organs and recipients. We have to build a wall of vaccinated associates, and that helps a lot, but there is still risk.

So if you see us out, we still live in 2020. We are not crazy. We are just waiting for the day when everyone is vaccinated.....right....or much more likely, the risk and fact profile of covid transmission is even a little better known than it is now. Please respect our space. Trust me, we will give you yours.

I understand your risks.
However we were told masks did not prevent infection in the wearer but prevented transmission from someone already infected.

Has this changed?

Are mask required in Federal buildings? I just came from one, Navy Weapon Station in Goose Creek. Nobody seemed to know if requirement was lifted? Maybe each commander decides?
If you have been vaccinated- no according to the CDC.

I understand your risks.
However we were told masks did not prevent infection in the wearer but prevented transmission from someone already infected.

Has this changed?
I was never told that… Just google it

CDC has said for some time masks help protect the wearer as well as those around you.

Each agency is working to issue its own amended guidance today or soon, in response to the new CDC guidance and in line with the existing executive order. If you've been given an order to wear a mask, the new CDC guidance means nothing until you receive amended orders from your chain of command.

I don't care what anybody else does.

But I sense a great disruption in the Karen force building, because a lot of folks don't want the mask mandates dropped. Get ready for it.

I understand your risks.

Has this changed?
Mask provides protection to wearer and those around you. John Hopkins study showed 67% protection for wearer against contracting covid with surgical mask. Nothing is 100%- but critical thinking would show that a mask provides a barrier for large droplets carrying the virus to be stopped by your mask from yourself and from others. In hospitals/nursing homes we also wear face shields/goggles. My eyeballs aren’t going to give anyone covid, it’s to prevent those droplets from landing in them.

Each agency is working to issue its own amended guidance today or soon, in response to the new CDC guidance and in line with the existing executive order. If you've been given an order to wear a mask, the new CDC guidance means nothing until you receive amended orders from your chain of command.
I am retired and was getting a new ID. I thought it was strange nobody in the office could answer my question.

I work in healthcare. I’m not an at risk person. I was vaccinated for my at risk patients (skilled nursing facility) and for my severely asthmatic wife. Sorry you had to post this but there are people out there looking out for people in your situation!

A useful consciousness-raising post for a change. God Bless.

Reactions: fowl_mood

I'll only wear my mask going into banks... :)

Reactions: vacock#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT