ADVERTISEMENT

Whoever is in charge of Clemson football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it as much as anyone but their the best team in the land right now. It's a nightmare scenario playing out. It was bad enough in 82 but with social media today it will be horrific. Start preparing yourself folks for this disturbing possible reality. Nobody in the SEC looks like they could hang with them this year. No powerhouses from Big 12 or out west. It's unfolding before our eyes.
I'll take "Things no Gamecock fan would ever say" for $2000 Alex.

Reactions: IBleedUSC
Clem had their best DL out due to personal reasons. He's now back. Clem dominated nd as much as a team can be dominated until they went 2 deep safety prevent look. Sadly they have a truly great team this year. They don't have a single weakness.
How ca you tell with the schedule they've played so far. You do realize beating up on crappy teams tends to make a team look better?
And that's what CU and FSU do every season.

Last edited:
Rhetorical question, obviously.

That said, if CU wins it this year, it will actually be legit. That crap in the 80's was criminal. SMU-level stuff.

Well in recent years there have been players with large sums of money. Cops being fired for arresting players with drugs. CJ Spiller grad top of the class but scores one of the lowest Wonderlic scores of all time When you smell and see smoke.....................

Clemson fans and tater apologists are upset because the college football world won't crown them champions, they'd rather wait until all the games are played before they go calling them the best ever. If they truly are the best team they will prove it in the playoffs, you don't prove Jack crap in week 7. The only thing Clemson deserves is to be in the discussion of who's one of the 4 to get in. Past that they don't deserve any more praise than any of the other teams that are in that conversation. It's apparently not enough for the taters though, they need everyone to bow down and worship them because their tiny egos need to feed off of it.

Really stupid to bring up an article from 5 years ago that predated the arrival of Chad Morris and the entire revamping of Clemson's offense. In addition Dabo has really grown as a coach. The Dabo of today and the coach of 2010 are much different, and there is no comparison of the Clemson offense of today and the one of the time of that article.

How ca you tell with the schedule they've played so far. You do realize beating up on shitty teams tends to make a team look better?
And that's what CU and FSU do every season.

You do realize that Clemson is the only top ten team to have a top ten win don't you? If they haven't beaten anyone then nobody has. Just gave Miami their worst loss in history and did that at Miami. Their star fr receiver didn't even play a down because he was showboating and dabo taught him a lesson. It could have been a lot worse. They played 53 different players before half and every single guy including three qbs that traveled by the end of the game. That's huge for building depth. We need a Dabo

Maybe I'm an idiot but we recruit against CU and not so much against OSU. Their winning a MNC would be extremely difficult to recruit against. That being said, it ain't happening, at least not this year.

You do realize that Clemson is the only top ten team to have a top ten win don't you? If they haven't beaten anyone then nobody has. Just gave Miami their worst loss in history and did that at Miami. Their star fr receiver didn't even play a down because he was showboating and dabo taught him a lesson. It could have been a lot worse. They played 53 different players before half and every single guy including three qbs that traveled by the end of the game. That's huge for building depth. We need a Dabo
You really do love Clemson. Quit saying "we" like you're some Gamecock fan.

Really stupid to bring up an article from 5 years ago that predated the arrival of Chad Morris and the entire revamping of Clemson's offense. In addition Dabo has really grown as a coach. The Dabo of today and the coach of 2010 are much different, and there is no comparison of the Clemson offense of today and the one of the time of that article.
It proves that he has no business carrying a play sheet. Like I said. It was a dumpster fire when he called plays.

Also, the fact that your offense is better since this article proves my point. It became better when he was removed from the equation.

Ha ha ha. You guys are now the joke of the SEC. Why don't you guys join the Sub Belt conference. Maybe you could compete on that level. What a bunch of idiots you cluckers are.
Cock a doodle don't.

So "then" rankings only count for CU?
If you want to go by worthless preseason or early season rankings MichSt did beat then-ranked #7 Oregon and #12 Michigan (I know that's not top ten, but still ranked higher than anyone else CU has played), Bama beat then-ranked #8 Uga and #9 TAMU, and Stanford beat then-ranked #6 SoCal.

But don't let any of this stop you from thinking CU is in a class all to themselves.

BTW, didn't that top 10 team actually give the game away? I mean they fumbled 3 times and threw a pick, with one fumble in the 1st quarter inside their own 25 yard line that lead to an easy TD. By CU standards that means ND technically beat themselves. So you don't get as much credit for the win as ND gets for losing.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha. You guys are now the joke of the SEC. Why don't you guys join the Sub Belt conference. Maybe you could compete on that level. What a bunch of idiots you cluckers are.
Cock a doodle don't.
what is the Sub Belt Conference?

So "then" rankings only count for CU?
If you want to go by worthless preseason or early season rankings MichSt did beat then-ranked #7 Oregon and #12 Michigan (I know that's not top ten, but still ranked higher than anyone else CU has played), Bama beat then-ranked #8 Uga and #9 TAMU, and Stanford beat then-ranked #6 SoCal.

But don't let any of this stop you from thinking CU is in a class all to themselves.

BTW, didn't that top 10 team actually give the game away? I mean they fumbled 3 times and threw a pick, with one fumble in the 1st quarter inside their own 25 yard line that lead to an easy TD. By CU standards that means ND technically beat themselves. So you don't get as much credit for the win as ND gets for losing.

Clemson tried to use the turnover excuse when we forced five and beat them. Good teams force turnovers. Those games you listed mean you don't read. Clem is only one to beat a team currently in the top ten.

Bama lost to mediocre ole Miss at home and barely beat Tenn yesterday. Tenn missed 3 fg or bama would have lost. Baylor, TCU, tOSU haven't played anyone. Utah proved they were a joke. You mention Oregon and they're terrible. To date Clem has been the best team. They got one number 1 vie today which should have been more

I am a Tiger and I don't think we're #1, but I have a hard time placing us out of the top 5 for any reason. Beat FSU and top four is a no brainier.

And to the guys busting on Dabo... everything I see about your coaching search is about finding a young, recruiting demon head coach. Umm...

Clemson tried to use the turnover excuse when we forced five and beat them. Good teams force turnovers. Those games you listed mean you don't read. Clem is only one to beat a team currently in the top ten.

Bama lost to mediocre ole Miss at home and barely beat Tenn yesterday. Tenn missed 3 fg or bama would have lost. Baylor, TCU, tOSU haven't played anyone. Utah proved they were a joke. You mention Oregon and they're terrible. To date Clem has been the best team. They got one number 1 vie today which should have been more
We.... lol@you

Objectivity is not a strong suit for a homer board. Regardless, no one in the country is down playing Clemson except the mouth breather homers on a Gamecock site. What Clemson is accomplishing should be a slap in the face to our program and Ray needs to begin righting the ship in a big way or we will be an afterthought nationally much less our own state going forward into the future.

Reactions: bmhood1984
Yep. Beat a nobody team yesterday. Seems like y'all are hanging your last two BIG victories on squeaking by that nobody team and and another weak ACC team. Let it roll....

I'm pretty sure Dabo was there when ya'll "Clemsoned" against WVA in the 2012 Orange Bowl after Dabo predicted pre-game that people would be talking about the Clemson defense after the game. #23 WVA 70 - #14 Clemson 33.

Dabo wasn't wrong with his prediction...lots of talk about our defense after that game

With the fsu lose, they have not shot in clempson this year. You know what I am talking about. clem will be 11-0 coming to the Brice(with their acc officials). Can we crush their hopes in (most likely) our last game this season? I THINK SO!!!! I do hope we win out, though!!!! GO GAMECOCKS, BEAT AtM

With the fsu lose, they have not shot in clempson this year. You know what I am talking about. clem will be 11-0 coming to the Brice(with their acc officials). Can we crush their hopes in (most likely) our last game this season? I THINK SO!!!! I do hope we win out, though!!!! GO GAMECOCKS, BEAT AtM
I wish I had your optimism, and while I think we have the players to beat them, I don't think our defensive coaches are smart enough to not let them carve us up with the short passes.

Well you never specified current or previous top10, but what point are you trying to make anyway? Seriously what difference does it make where ND is ranked RIGHT NOW? Their remaining schedule is much tougher than CU's and I believe they'll lose 1 or maybe more before it's all said and done. The teams I listed beat teams ranked in the top 10 just as CU did, so they're not in some "elite" place that you're trying to put them in.
Classic tater boasting though, as useless as it is.

EASY
1. Bama
2. LSU
3. UF
4. A&M
5. Possibly Ole Miss, UT or even UGA on any particular Saturday.
Again, in the SEC it's not necessarily the top teams that will beat you but it goes back to the cumulative affect of the schedule.
Epitome of "coot logic"

Well, me or you one don't know very much about the SEC. Don't use the Miami game today as a barometer as to how good quempsum is. They are very good but they are not that good and if there were a way to prove it I would bet some serious bucks they would lose at least four SEC games maybe five.
As it is, your assertion is academic - at best. That's as generous as I can be.

Agree. It's either not seeing or not being willing to admit what's staring you in the face.
What's staring us in the face is the Perfect Storm - the nightmare scenario: on a year and at a stage when we are about as low as we've ever been, our instate rival, whom two years ago we owned, is about to play for the national championship - and expects to have an even better team next year. Now you can face that horrible fact or try to deflect it with weak humor or sophistic reasoning, but what people better be doing is praying we get the optimal guy in here so we can get back about the business of owning them again. If we started today, we'd probably be a minimum of four years away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT