ADVERTISEMENT

Who's getting a haircut today?

They won't be packed because they have to call you in one at a time. At least that's what the barber here is doing. The parking lots may be packed. I've been giving myself a buzzcut with clippers. I do a decent job. I may never pay for another haircut.

Reactions: Spursupalways
I use the clippers to cut my hair and my son's hair - I've gotten pretty decent at it. But it has been nice to physically attend church services the last two weeks. We practiced social distancing with households sitting together and at least 6 feet apart from other households. We still had about 40 devices tuning into the service by Zoom and that's fine too.

They won't be packed because they have to call you in one at a time. At least that's what the barber here is doing. The parking lots may be packed. I've been giving myself a buzzcut with clippers. I do a decent job. I may never pay for another haircut.
I’ve been cutting my own hair now for 20 years.my oldest son(26) I don’t think has ever been to a barber.i can’t remember if he has.my other son(19) has the “Bieber” cut I call it,long in the front,short in the back.its down to his nose now.i threaten him all the time that I’m going to cut it while he is asleep.

Reactions: TheReelEss
I use the clippers to cut my hair and my son's hair - I've gotten pretty decent at it. But it has been nice to physically attend church services the last two weeks. We practiced social distancing with households sitting together and at least 6 feet apart from other households. We still had about 40 devices tuning into the service by Zoom and that's fine too.
The Bishop extended his directive on no in-person gatherings through June 10. And with the small size of our congregation, we could very easily social distance in our sanctuary. But I can see how in congregations like Mt. Horeb it would still be an issue. Oh well...

I’ve been cutting my own hair now for 20 years.my oldest son(26) I don’t think has ever been to a barber.i can’t remember if he has.my other son(19) has the “Bieber” cut I call it,long in the front,short in the back.its down to his nose now.i threaten him all the time that I’m going to cut it while he is asleep.
I had gloriously long hair in my heyday. My parents and most extended family hated it. All my buddies either hated or envied it. Generally, the chicks loved it. Who else matters?

Alas, I'm balding and I'm not the kind of guy to have people mocking my combover, so It gets the 1 guard now.

Called my barber at 8 this morning when they opened. Took me 20 minutes to get through...my son and I have our appointments for Wednesday morning at 9:15–I’ll take it.

Called my barber at 8 this morning when they opened. Took me 20 minutes to get through...my son and I have our appointments for Wednesday morning at 9:15–I’ll take it.

I'm calling for an appointment today. I heard it has been this way in Georgia for weeks.

Guy gave me 20 bucks yesterday for my spot in line at barbershop there was such a long wait. Said he had important appointment. I didn't need it but accepted. I came back a half hour later for my haircut. One of the worst haircuts I've ever had so I told the girl to buzz it all off.

I bet the barber shops in Mt. Pleasant will be packed today.
I was at Jeff’s Barbering in Seaside Farms yesterday. I was so glad to be back, I paid Jeff for yesterday and the 3 appointments that got cancelled.

Last edited:
I was at Jeff Barbering in Seaside Farms yesterday. I was so glad to be back, I paid Jeff for yesterday and the 3 appointments that got cancelled.

Kudos to you. Jeff is a good dude, and runs a great shop. Hope he's able to keep things going!

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
I had gloriously long hair in my heyday. My parents and most extended family hated it. All my buddies either hated or envied it. Generally, the chicks loved it. Who else matters?

Alas, I'm balding and I'm not the kind of guy to have people mocking my combover, so It gets the 1 guard now.

back when I had hair I parted mine but had cowlicks to deal with.what a pain that was.after I got married,my wife convinced me I get a flattop and I never turned back.love the low maintenance.i used to use that but as my hair got thinner,I’m at a 3/8 to a 1/2 now.

I got mine yesterday at Great Clips. When I checked in at 8:45am, there was a 87 minute wait. By 9:30, the wait was pegged at 180+ minutes. I think they cut off 5 lbs. of hair.

back when I had hair I parted mine but had cowlicks to deal with.what a pain that was.after I got married,my wife convinced me I get a flattop and I never turned back.love the low maintenance.i used to use that but as my hair got thinner,I’m at a 3/8 to a 1/2 now.
I've always had a slight cowlick. It wasn't noticeable because it just parted my hair over it. As my hairline has receded the cowlick has moved up with it. It's still there but since the hair is so short it's still not very noticeable.

I can't get an apppointment until May 30, and it's not even with the stylist I wanted. I'm thinking of just letting it grow. A great salon in Columbia on Forest Drive is www.processhairsalon.com

I tried to get one on Monday and Tuesday. No luck. Just don't have the time to sit and wait. Starting to look like Forrest Gump.

Went on Monday to Sport Clips on Forest Drive. They have a Check in Online process that a lot of folks take advantage of because it will tell you when to arrive so you don't have to sit and wait. They open at 10am, and by 10:15 when I signed in online for my stylist, I was the 46th person in the queue. Which meant I didn't need to show up until 2:30pm. When I got there, the owner who was regulating folks in and out, basically said if by a certain time you didn't sign in online, then you weren't getting a haircut. He said there were so many people checking in online that it crippled the system for a short period of time. If you were a walk-up, there was a wait time of 4-6 hrs. LOL

My wife has been a cosmetologist for 40 years and out of work since the shutdown, this was her busiest week since she's been doing hair, unbelievable support and patience from her clientele and more than a little generous in the tipping, there are some wonderful understanding people out there! Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT