ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the problem? Roper or Muschamp?

GarnetCocky1

Oct 3, 2015
As the title says, should we blame Roper for the abysmal playcalling seen on a weekly basis or should we blame Muschamp?

Looking back at Duke, Roper did a lot with that offense, though Cutcliffe may have been the true mastermind.

With Muschamp, we see that he has never been able to produce offensively no matter who the OC is.

It would become obvious that if we still cannot produce offensively next year (provided we get a new OC), then Muschamp should seriously be on the chopping block.

I need to go back and find Muschamp’s first press conference. I thought I remembered him saying that he learned that you need a faster paced offense that scores a lot...not a ball control slow one. Maybe I misunderstood.

I need to go back and find Muschamp’s first press conference. I thought I remembered him saying that he learned that you need a faster paced offense that scores a lot...not a ball control slow one. Maybe I misunderstood.

He said something along the lines that he learned you need to score more points. He left it vague. Some interpreted it as meaning that you have to speed up the style. Others could have seen it as meaning that you have to be more effective after those long, slow drives.

Reactions: jawdropper
I think Muschamp gets one more change at OC. If the results are the same then you know who the problem is. Will it be addressed? Doubt it but at least we will know what the issue is and maybe the next HC will be an offensive guy.

Or it may be that we have 70% freshman and sophomores on our team and lost our starting receiver, running back and a few starting lineman throughout the season. I would love to see a wide open offense but you have to have the personnel to run it.

Sorry, I don't buy it. I see teams with way less talent doing way more on the offensive side of the ball.

Or it may be that we have 70% freshman and sophomores on our team and lost our starting receiver, running back and a few starting lineman throughout the season. I would love to see a wide open offense but you have to have the personnel to run it.
Every team has injuries. That's why they let teams have more than 11 scholarships.

I don't think we have had the defensive depth for a fast paced offense and also our skill position youth resulted in a slower offense then Roper would of liked.

I think they pushed the pace to game flow to a extent and that is WM's call.

SC is 3 years removed from a 3-9 year, with the head coach leaving in mid year.
Fast forward to this year and your team is playing in a New Years Day bowl with the chance to become only the 7th team in school history winning 9 games or more and someone starts a thread, "Who's the problem. Muschamp or Roper..
.......you cant make this stuff up

Last edited:
I think muschamp is a problem on offense. What is this 4 consecutive offensive coordinators that have terrible numbers? He has to change.

Sorry, I don't buy it. I see teams with way less talent doing way more on the offensive side of the ball.
Who are these teams with way less talent and what defenses are they playing? Are they playing SEC defenses or Big 10 defenses. There is a huge difference.

Fast forward to this year and your team is one victory away in a New Years day bowl from becoming only the 7th team in school history winning at least 9 games and someone starts a thread, "Who's the problem. Muschamp or Roper..
UCF is 2 years removed from going 0-12 and is now 12-0, won their conference, top 10 ranking, and is playing in the Peach Bowl. They've also gone through two coaching changes. What's your point?

Fast forward to this year and your team is one victory away in a New Years day bowl from becoming only the 7th team in school history winning at least 9 games and someone starts a thread, "Who's the problem. Muschamp or Roper..

Okay. In another thread here someone made a statement that Muschamp made both the offensive and defensive game plans, as opposed to his coordinators doing it.

Now this supposedly comes from Orth (who I guess would have actually known). So take it for what it's worth.

But I find it eminently believable. So what are your thoughts on that? Assuming it is true.

UCF is 2 years removed from going 0-12 and is now 12-0, won their conference, top 10 ranking, and is playing in the Peach Bowl. They've also gone through two coaching changes. What's your point?

Its people like you that i almost want SC to lose just so you can be more miserable

Fast forward to this year and your team is playing in a New Years Day bowl with the chance to become only the 7th team in school history winning at least 9 games and someone starts a thread, "Who's the problem. Muschamp or Roper..

Probably has more to do with having a top 25 defense but a bottom 25 offense. The offense has to improve.

Reactions: VirgilCaine
Are you actually comparing what someone accomplished in the AAC as to what someone did in the SEC. Have you seen their Schedule? Apples and Oranges!

Fast forward to this year and your team is playing in a New Years Day bowl with the chance to become only the 7th team in school history winning at least 9 games and someone starts a thread, "Who's the problem. Muschamp or Roper..
And had this years offense had a pulse, we could quite possibly be already sitting on 10 wins (add TAMU and Ky). I'm elated with an 8-4 regular season. But wanting more - and seeing/believing that more is/was possible - I see it as a legitimate question. What was it that kept this from being a 10-win team?

Okay. In another thread here someone made a statement that Muschamp made both the offensive and defensive game plans, as opposed to his coordinators doing it.

Now this supposedly comes from Orth (who I guess would have actually known). So take it for what it's worth.

But I find it eminently believable. So what are your thoughts on that? Assuming it is true.
If Muschamp truly trusts his OC, he needs to leave it to him. If he doesn't, he needs to get one he trusts. Either way, he needs to stay out of offensive game planning.

Are you actually comparing what someone accomplished in the AAC as to what someone did in the SEC. Have you seen their Schedule? Apples and Oranges!
Is it? Because they beat a USF team that beat us last year, they beat a very good Memphis team TWICE, they beat a good Navy team. They would beat us. Outside of Clemson and UGA our schedule is laughable. And we looked absolutely pathetic in those two games. We looked like we belonged in the AAC.

Is it? Because they beat a USF team that beat us last year, they beat a very good Memphis team TWICE, they beat a good Navy team. They would beat us. Outside of Clemson and UGA our schedule is laughable. And we looked absolutely pathetic in those two games. We looked like we belonged in the AAC.
We would have the best defense in that conference....probably by a good bit. Great offensive league, but weak on defense....even worse than the Big 12, much worse.

Reactions: Rooster101
[

Correct, you're beating your head against the wall talking with this guy. He even takes the time to go on Michigan's site to put down SC's offense.

Reactions: Rooster101
We would have the best defense in that conference....probably by a good bit. Great offensive league, but weak on defense....even worse than the Big 12, much worse.

you are wasting your time... the poster even goes on Michigan's site and puts down SC's offense

Who are these teams with way less talent and what defenses are they playing? Are they playing SEC defenses or Big 10 defenses. There is a huge difference.
Vanderbilt , duke, virgina, Kentucky, and UNCheat all have better offenses than we do. They play the same or comparable schedules as we do. None of them have the talent that we do on offense.

[

Correct, you're beating your head against the wall talking with this guy. He even takes the time to go on Michigan's site to put down SC's offense.
When have I ever been to a Michigan site or any opposing teams site? I'm sure you're going to provide proof of this right? Why are you on a Michigan site to begin with?

Vanderbilt , duke, virgina, Kentucky, and UNCheat all have better offenses than we do. They play the same or comparable schedules as we do. None of them have the talent that we do on offense.
Are you sure about that? I wouldn't be...especially after losing our two most experienced receivers, our top RB, and several OL throughout the year. My guess is most, if not all, those schools play a lot of upperclassmen in key positions.

Are you sure about that? I wouldn't be...especially after losing our two most experienced receivers, our top RB, and several OL throughout the year. My guess is most, if not all, those schools play a lot of upperclassmen in key positions.
Every team, EVERY TEAM, has injuries. That isn’t exclusive to us. Yes I am very sure that when it comes to raw talent, USC is superior to each of those teams I listed.

When have I ever been to a Michigan site or any opposing teams site? I'm sure you're going to provide proof of this right? Why are you on a Michigan site to begin with?

From Michigan site:
okay i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that this isn't you..sure sounds like you

robertfootball Well-Known Member
This game will come down to which offense sucks worse, yours or ours? Should be a real snooze fest.

9 robertfootball, Yesterday at 3:04 PM
Like + Quote Reply
sgacock and Matte Black like this.

From Michigan site:
okay i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that this isn't you..sure sounds like you

robertfootball Well-Known Member
This game will come down to which offense sucks worse, yours or ours? Should be a real snooze fest.

9 robertfootball, Yesterday at 3:04 PM
Like + Quote Reply
sgacock and Matte Black like this.
latest

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT