ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the problem? Roper or Muschamp?

As the title says, should we blame Roper for the abysmal playcalling seen on a weekly basis or should we blame Muschamp?

Looking back at Duke, Roper did a lot with that offense, though Cutcliffe may have been the true mastermind.

With Muschamp, we see that he has never been able to produce offensively no matter who the OC is.

It would become obvious that if we still cannot produce offensively next year (provided we get a new OC), then Muschamp should seriously be on the chopping block.
Where does this come from? Duke's offense hit #50 in the country....that's the best he ever did there.

If anyone on here...AND I MEAN ANYONE...Can honestly make a comment like they know football like WILL FREAKIN MUSCHAMP then let them stand up. Champ has forgotten MORE about ffootball than all of us combined. So for those on here that want to constantly question who or what the problem is, then how about go donate your time downtown with a peewee league. Iff you were so smart you would be making millions like these college coaches are right now. You think champ wants to win? Of course he does, so does roper and our whole university. Sometimes things are not so black and white. I imagine half of you clowns are part of the RIGHT NOW MILLENIAL generation. Hate to burst your bubble but stuff does not(often) go the way you want it RIGHT NOW! So get off of champ and rope...Champ took over a dern dumpster fire and he and his staff are working their tails off......70% of our roster is FFRESH and SOPH!!!!!!!! 70%!!!!!!!

I don't know if your 70% number is correct but let's just look at what is typical almost EVERYWHERE.

So we have 85 scholly players....let's divide by 5 years so we account for redshirts and we get 17 for each of the 5 classes, then we multiply that by 3 to get the true freshman, redshirt freshman and redshirt sophmore classes and we get 51. Then we divide the 51 by 85 and we get 60%. Everyone loses players to attrition/transfer/injury so the junior and senior classes are never as large as the underclassmen classes. That means it's often more like 55 in those lower classes which gets you a percentage of 65%.

When we consider that almost every school has about 65% freshman and sophmores does your 70% number sound like much of an excuse for the offense being as bad as it is?

If anyone on here...AND I MEAN ANYONE...Can honestly make a comment like they know football like WILL FREAKIN MUSCHAMP then let them stand up. Champ has forgotten MORE about ffootball than all of us combined. So for those on here that want to constantly question who or what the problem is, then how about go donate your time downtown with a peewee league. Iff you were so smart you would be making millions like these college coaches are right now. You think champ wants to win? Of course he does, so does roper and our whole university. Sometimes things are not so black and white. I imagine half of you clowns are part of the RIGHT NOW MILLENIAL generation. Hate to burst your bubble but stuff does not(often) go the way you want it RIGHT NOW! So get off of champ and rope...Champ took over a dern dumpster fire and he and his staff are working their tails off......70% of our roster is FFRESH and SOPH!!!!!!!! 70%!!!!!!!

Did youth enable opponents to call out our plays at the LOS.
I have never coached NCAA FB like Champ. I also have never flown a plane...but I know how they work!

Just like most people:
Since you're not a NCAA FB coach, you know a football is basically oval
Since you're not a pilot, you know planes fly,

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone94
Great point . With way less talent than we have .

Exactly!

And what we all know is, and there is no doubt, UCF would lap the track on us if we played them right now. That is what those of us complaining don't understand about those making excuses for this offense. What is it those making excuses are waiting for? Are they hoping we can one day be as talented as..........UCF?

Exactly!

And what we all know is, and there is no doubt, UCF would lap the track on us if we played them right now. That is what those of us complaining don't understand about those making excuses for this offense. What is it those making excuses are waiting for? Are they hoping we can one day be as talented as..........UCF?
UCF has a much better QB than we do....very accurate and an elusive runner....and will actually run the ball.

Reactions: DarkCock
Probably has more to do with having a top 25 defense but a bottom 25 offense. The offense has to improve.
What difference does it make which side of the ball does better if this is only the 9th time we've won 9 games. The mere fact that we have only won 9 games 8 times is very telling of the program thru history.
I must be one of only a few that wants to see the D become the main player. I want to see a nasty D. During our run of 3 11 win years the D was nasty and O was steady...that's what I want. I do not want to see 56-55 shootouts. I want to see 35 - 14 wins

can i give you 100 likes...check that, 1000 likes

Bet he would prefer a reach around, I'm sure you would enjoy that more too.

Oh yeah, I and about 7 others on here started commenting on SOS misfires and lakidasical attitude toward recruiting two years before the shit hit the fan. You and your BF said the samething then. "Where did you coach D-1 football" " Spurrier can develop talent" " _______ was a 2 star" blah, blah , blah.....you never change. Keep drinking the kool-aid, it's made for fans just like you. Dumb ones

Last edited:
Or it may be that we have 70% freshman and sophomores on our team and lost our starting receiver, running back and a few starting lineman throughout the season. I would love to see a wide open offense but you have to have the personnel to run it.
that couldnt possibly have anything to do with it,could it? it has to be either champ, roper or tanner....;):):p:D:oops::rolleyes:.....we have experts on here to prove it!

that couldnt possibly have anything to do with it,could it? it has to be either champ, roper or tanner....;):):p:D:oops::rolleyes:.....we have experts on here to prove it!

We are so lucky..We've got several expert coaches on this site , Tanner should view this site and should interview them for any coach openings that may occur in the future

Reactions: Rooster101

And Muschamp doesn't want Roper back as OC. So what does that tell you about Roper?

What difference does it make which side of the ball does better if this is only the 9th time we've won 9 games. The mere fact that we have only won 9 games 8 times is very telling of the program thru history.
I must be one of only a few that wants to see the D become the main player. I want to see a nasty D. During our run of 3 11 win years the D was nasty and O was steady...that's what I want. I do not want to see 56-55 shootouts. I want to see 35 - 14 wins

I count only 6 times in school history winning 9 games or more

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/south-carolina/

Reactions: Tiger71
Bet he would prefer a reach around, I'm sure you would enjoy that more too.

Oh yeah, I and about 7 others on here started commenting on SOS misfires and lakidasical attitude toward recruiting two years before the shit hit the fan. You and your BF said the samething then. "Where did you coach D-1 football" " Spurrier can develop talent" " _______ was a 2 star" blah, blah , blah.....you never change. Keep drinking the kool-aid, it's made for fans just like you. Dumb ones
Your comment says more about you than you know. Now im sure im talking to a youngster who still hasnt figured life out. Bye kid, grow up.

As the title says, should we blame Roper for the abysmal playcalling seen on a weekly basis or should we blame Muschamp?

Looking back at Duke, Roper did a lot with that offense, though Cutcliffe may have been the true mastermind.

With Muschamp, we see that he has never been able to produce offensively no matter who the OC is.

It would become obvious that if we still cannot produce offensively next year (provided we get a new OC), then Muschamp should seriously be on the chopping block.
I bet not a lot of people listen to what you think that knows you

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT