ADVERTISEMENT

Why are Carolina fans are still not happy with Coach Shane Beamer???

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
Is it because he once coached at Carolina? Or is it because Coach Beamer's first name is Shane???

Coach Shane Beamer is ready to be our Head Coach.. People here wanted Lincoln Riley before Muschamp was hire and Riley is much younger and less experienced than Shane Beamer at that time, 5 years ago.

The reason why Lincoln Riley is a good coach, he inherited a good team like Oklahoma Sooners and really didn't have to sell the team or school to recruits...

Shane Beamer on the other hand, Beamer inherited a crapy team, crapy program at South Carolina and he is turning heads in recruiting and hasn't coached a game yet at South Carolina...

In time, Beamer will be the next Steve Spurrier at South Carolina and will have better numbers after his 3rd year as head coach... And will beat Clemson in his 3rd or 4th year at Carolina...

Mark my words...

I think you are drunk.

turning heads in recruiting and hasn't coached a game yet at South Carolina...

This...all day. The guy has not won one game yet at South Carolina. We have all seen coaches at UofSC who could recruit but couldn't coach, who could coach but couldn't recruit, etc. He has had a little success on the recruiting trail as most new coaches do as as some energy grows around a new direction for the program.

Everyone wants Beamer to be hugely successful as a Gamecock. Most just know we are a long way from seeing actually if that is likely to happen.

I think you are drunk.

This...all day. The guy has not won one game yet at South Carolina. We have all seen coaches at UofSC who could recruit but couldn't coach, who could coach but couldn't recruit, etc. He has had a little success on the recruiting trail as most new coaches do as as some energy grows around a new direction for the program.

Everyone wants Beamer to be hugely successful as a Gamecock. Most just know we are a long way from seeing actually if that is likely to happen.
Who in the F'ck refer Carolina as UofSC??? That is the dumbest logo branding ever!! Only Gen Z refers Carolina as UofSC, maybe some stupid millennials too...

The UofSC should really be switched around to USofC
University South of Chickenshiiit
I’m so tired of it and most people don’t even use it
If the Band spells it out in pregame , who will boo, out loud? 🙋‍♂️

I think you are drunk.

He’s gotta be trolling. Literally no one outside of Gamecock land are turning their heads at his recruiting.

I support him but I still have my doubts. I’m not full on 100% on the bandwagon for him like I was with Spurrier or Lou, BUT I’m not completely off of it like I was with Muschamp. I knew he’d be a disaster from day 1 and no one believed me. Beamer can go either way, this is either going to work or it’s going to be a train wreck. If he can just field a competitive team in his first year I’ll be thrilled. If his team can show the same heart the 0-11 team did he will win 6 games this season.

I don't think it's a matter of being happy with him or not happy with him at this point.
As with any new coach, nobody knows how it's going to turn out yet. It's like asking me how I like my new driver before I've even taken it to the driving range. I can give you my impressions of the driver, talk about how it looks, how it feels, etc. but the only thing that will make me "happy" or "unhappy" with it is how well I can hit it and I won't know that until I see it perform.

I like Beamer as a man, I like his philosophy, and I can see what he's trying to do. So far, so good. But a coach is ultimately judged on whether he wins games, so check back with me in a couple of years.

Is it because he once coached at Carolina? Or is it because Coach Beamer's first name is Shane???

Coach Shane Beamer is ready to be our Head Coach.. People here wanted Lincoln Riley before Muschamp was hire and Riley is much younger and less experienced than Shane Beamer at that time, 5 years ago.

The reason why Lincoln Riley is a good coach, he inherited a good team like Oklahoma Sooners and really didn't have to sell the team or school to recruits...

Shane Beamer on the other hand, Beamer inherited a crapy team, crapy program at South Carolina and he is turning heads in recruiting and hasn't coached a game yet at South Carolina...

In time, Beamer will be the next Steve Spurrier at South Carolina and will have better numbers after his 3rd year as head coach... And will beat Clemson in his 3rd or 4th year at Carolina...

Mark my words...
Dude, we won't beat Clemson for probably the next 10 years, they will likely get that Manning kid, so that's another 3-4 added on to the current streak. And turning heads with recruiting, I must have missed all those 4 and 5 star recruits pledging their commitment.

I'd be happy winning 7-8 games a year, that would be better than what our entire history has yielded.

I think everybody supports Beamer. Don't really have a choice. But here is why some folks aren't "all in" as some folks like to say in certain circles. A lot of folks just feel that the administration didn't do the best they could have done in the coaching search. His hiring seemed to be based on having a familiar last name, that he was a nice guy when in Columbia, and he came cheap. He is getting some commitments, but these commitments aren't going to beat anybody that matters. I think this weekend they took a flyer on a project that previously only had offers from Gardner Webb and Benedict. I am sure he is a good man. But many in the fold just have a wait and see approach.

Mark my words...
We have absolutely no idea how good Beamer is going to be. He might be great. He might be a train wreck. I'm assuming there's a lot of skepticism because he had a pretty thin resume, which, to be fair, is waaaay better than Muschamp who had a terrible resume. But he'll get his chance and you can resurrect this thread later if you're right. He wasn't my first choice and I didn't think his staffing hires were very exciting. That said, I'm confident he will recruit lights out if he has success on the field.

The guy lost multiple coaching hires in his first month, pulled in the worst recruiting class Carolina has had in the Rivals era, and now sits near the bottom in SEC recruiting again.

This doesn't mean he will fail, but it is reason for legit concern and doubt. If the guy was named Shane Smith he wouldn't even be here. He has a famous last name, but has never once proven anything as a HC and really has done nothing spectacular as an assistant.

Former players like him, but former players loved Holbrook. He has a famous dad, so did Derek Dooley. He has coached under some big name HCs, but so did Brad Scott.

With Spurrier and Holtz fans were thrilled because they had seen those guys dominate CFB. With Beamer there are serious reasons for doubt

The guy lost multiple coaching hires in his first month, pulled in the worst recruiting class Carolina has had in the Rivals era, and now sits near the bottom in SEC recruiting again.

This doesn't mean he will fail, but it is reason for legit concern and doubt. If the guy was named Shane Smith he wouldn't even be here. He has a famous last name, but has never once proven anything as a HC and really has done nothing spectacular as an assistant.

Former players like him, but former players loved Holbrook. He has a famous dad, so did Derek Dooley. He has coached under some big name HCs, but so did Brad Scott.

With Spurrier and Holtz fans were thrilled because they had seen those guys dominate CFB. With Beamer there are serious reasons for doubt
Sums it up perfectly.

I like the Beamer hire, but it's a five to seven year job. Folks are getting excited for one or two reasons. Either they are simply on the bandwagon and trying to keep momentum going, or like me, they are just happy to have someone who wants to be here and is upbeat about the program.

Beamer has no head coaching pedigree that enables him to knock down fours and fives right now on the recruiting trail. We just have to hope their assessment of talent is good.

But, it will be awhile before we win consistently...we all need to understand that. And with pay for players coming up, well, it may take even longer.

So out of those coaches that left, which ones do you wish we still had? Bobo? This board went on fire when Beamer kept him. Rocker? He didn’t even stay a week at Auburn. Friend? So who should we have kept?

Reactions: Robhawk29

Mark my words...
3 star recruits ain’t turning no heads. But ok

Reactions: uscwatson21

It’s not really hard to understand unless you’re woefully ignorant or a simple troll.

When you hire a baseball coach as AD, you shouldn’t be surprised by the mediocre results.

When you hire a failed Head Coach at a better program, you shouldn’t be surprised he failed.

When you a hire a career assistant who no one else really wanted and who brings nothing differential (unlike a Riley, Lincoln) special to the table, then you shouldn’t be surprised by the results.

He has stabilized the program although any coach would have. Muschamp stabilized it post-Spurrier for goodness sake. It wasn’t until he had a chance to instill his personal dumbf’ery on things that the igloo built from cards collapsed.

Beamer has done nothing special yet. The hyperbole, so far, has proven to be just that.

However, you got to be fair. It hasn’t been a year yet and no games have been played.

He walked into a program with some talent but no direction or leadership. No real identity unless boring and mediocre is a thing.

If, in a couple years, the play on the field is still mediocre; the style is boring, predictable and mind-numbingly dumb, and recruiting is still in the bottom tier of the SEC and full of “rankings don’t matter...bleat, bleat, bleat”, then the next AD will get his chance at it.

If there are some nice wins, an upset or two, competent decision making, an exciting style and some building momentum in recruiting, then he would have earned some respect and belief. I’m all for it.

Until then, fluff and puff all you want. Whatever makes you feel good.

Nothing wrong with hope. It do spring eternal.

Nothing wrong with being blissful either if you’re the type that needs that. to be happy. There is also nothing wrong with taking a wait and see approach.

Beamer seems like the best we could have done at the time. With the Wuhan Virus it was a strange year. Not sure how his recruiting will work out but he has time to build something if he can at least coach what we have better than lazy ass Chump and his staff did.

Reactions: JodyD
I support him but I still have my doubts. I’m not full on 100% on the bandwagon for him like I was with Spurrier or Lou, BUT I’m not completely off of it like I was with Muschamp. I knew he’d be a disaster from day 1 and no one believed me. Beamer can go either way, this is either going to work or it’s going to be a train wreck. If he can just field a competitive team in his first year I’ll be thrilled. If his team can show the same heart the 0-11 team did he will win 6 games this season.
So, you were the only person that thought Muschamp would fail?

Reactions: PC31
Not the only one but I was very vocal about it and it wasn’t a popular opinion on here.

I guess I wasn't the only one asking for Muschamp to be fired after the 3 years.. I wasn't happy with the hire and thought Muschamp he needed a second chance, but Tanner should have done better and hire a coach who wasn't fired from a major football school... That's what DII, DIII and HS do and Tanner F'cked up...

The brand (USC football) is so damaged it may take a guy like Beamer who really loves us and is laser focused on bringing us back up. Can't ask for more than that. I was not thrilled with any of the "leading" candidates so I wasn't disappointed that we went off the wall somewhat with this hire.

I guess I wasn't the only one asking for Muschamp to be fired after the 3 years.. I wasn't happy with the hire and thought Muschamp he needed a second chance, but Tanner should have done better and hire a coach who wasn't fired from a major football school... That's what DII, DIII and HS do and Tanner F'cked up...
Oh, you were far from the only one. Like you, I hated the hire, but was willing to see if he had learned from his mistakes.

While there were some obvious signs to the contrary leading up to it, that Choke Job in the Swamp did it for me. Then he underscored the point in the Belk Bowl,

Last edited:
Oh, you were far from the only one. Like you, I hated the hire, but was willing to see if he had learned from his mistakes.

While there were some obvious sings to the contrary leading up to it, that Choke Job in the Swamp did it for me. Then he underscored the point in the Belk Bowl,
Belk bowl was the final straw for me. Didn’t want him but willing to give him a chance, he proved in that bowl he was not HC material

Anybody with one ounce of credibility can neither be happy nor unhappy with Beamer at this point. He has no body of work yet from which to judge. As far as building a program the only thing he has been able to do in 6 months recruiting. The recruiting so far is pretty mediocre, but that is what was expected from a new coach just 6 months into the job. I think we can BEGIN to start judging his performance about 7 games into the season. That will be after the Vandy game. That is the easiest part of our schedule. The last 5 games could be brutal. But if we have done well and won 5 (or even 4)games up to that point I think folks will be pretty happy with the direction of the program this staff is taking it. If we lose more than 3 - not so much. After that it is just a matter of recruiting year in and year out and getting better each year. Right now it is just a wait and see situation.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Anybody with one ounce of credibility can neither be happy nor unhappy with Beamer at this point. He has no body of work yet from which to judge. As far as building a program the only thing he has been able to do in 6 months recruiting. The recruiting so far is pretty mediocre, but that is what was expected from a new coach just 6 months into the job. I think we can BEGIN to start judging his performance about 7 games into the season. That will be after the Vandy game. That is the easiest part of our schedule. The last 5 games could be brutal. But if we have done well and won 5 (or even 4)games up to that point I think folks will be pretty happy with the direction of the program this staff is taking it. If we lose more than 3 - not so much. After that it is just a matter of recruiting year in and year out and getting better each year. Right now it is just a wait and see situation.

This is 100% the correct take.

I just had no faith in a Ray Tanner chosen hire. But Beamer is our guy, I’m going to be optimistic and 100% behind him. If he doesn’t workout then a serious conversation needs to be had about Tanners future at USC. It doesn’t seem he (Tanner)is working out for us. I think that conversation about Tanner should have happened when Muschamp fired. But it wasn’t- and we are where we are. Our football team hasn’t even really been ranked in the top 25 since like 2014 I think. Unacceptable and embarrassing. I am praying that he(Beamer)can get us out of the gutter.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I think you are drunk.

You make too much sense to be on a message board 👍

Agreed. I don't see it. I'm rooting for Beamer, but that's a ridiculous statement. South Carolina currently has the #58 ranked class in average recruit ranking. That's 13th in the SEC. It's not surprising coming off the past couple seasons and what he's gone through (and it's stupid for anyone to be mad at Beamer for not signing 5 Stars yet (why would any 5 Star come right now?)). But it's not turning any heads.
Actually we are #31 and 10th in SEC

Reactions: JodyD
what a pessemist you are. you are the trainwreck.

While there were some obvious signs to the contrary leading up to it, that Choke Job in the Swamp did it for me. Then he underscored the point in the Belk Bowl,
The rehire of Kurt Roper was proof that Muschamp is too arrogant to ever learn.

I felt the same way about Muschamp. He interviews well and talks a good game, but it is all smoke and mirrors. He cannot run a football program.

He wasn't in my top few choices but he's here now so roll the dice and see what happens. Hopefully he'll kill it down here. If not the next decade is going to be horrific.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT