ADVERTISEMENT

Why are we the "Wait until next year" university?

Am happy to see that we have so many fans who are optimistic for the Gamecocks. Would be disappointed if there were not.

Clemson has nearly always been better at football than Carolina with the exception of the Spurrier years. They have always taken football more seriously, and Clemson fans have been more loyal to their teams win or lose. They are just that way. Carolina fans carp and criticize the administration, the coaches, and even the players.

When I was a teenaged Carolina fan living in the midst of Clemsonland Frank Howard was the beloved and admired coach. I used to watch his show on black and white, sparkly tv every Sunday. Carolina coaches had no show, at least not one that I could get in the Piedmont.
Now Clemson fans and players adore Frank Howard's rock which some alumnus brought him from Death Valley. As I remember Howard had a losing record against Carolina but he was still lauded and championed by Clemson fans.

Carolina fans in that situation would probably trash him.
In my experience Carolina have been fickle and critical and negative about their teams. At least much more so than Clemson fans who have been loyal even in defeat, hopeful, and supportive of the players and coaches.

I have always thought that it was maybe a question of geography.

Am happy to see that we have so many fans who are optimistic for the Gamecocks. Would be disappointed if there were not.

Clemson has nearly always been better at football than Carolina with the exception of the Spurrier years. They have always taken football more seriously, and Clemson fans have been more loyal to their teams win or lose. They are just that way. Carolina fans carp and criticize the administration, the coaches, and even the players.

When I was a teenaged Carolina fan living in the midst of Clemsonland Frank Howard was the beloved and admired coach. I used to watch his show on black and white, sparkly tv every Sunday. Carolina coaches had no show, at least not one that I could get in the Piedmont.
Now Clemson fans and players adore Frank Howard's rock which some alumnus brought him from Death Valley. As I remember Howard had a losing record against Carolina but he was still lauded and championed by Clemson fans.

In my experience Carolina have been fickle and critical and negative about their teams. At least much more so than Clemson fans who have been loyal even in defeat, hopeful, and supportive of the players and coaches.

That’s completely wrong. Ask Ken Hatfield about the Clemson fan base. They don’t support them come hell or high water. It is us that have given support no matter the circumstances. There is virtually no pressure here. Take this job and you become an instant millionaire that never feels the heat like at virtually any school we are trying to compete against. I have no idea where you are coming from.

Did you simply forget the Hatfield and Bowden years? Clemson fans dont put up with nearly the crap we do. They don't have patience for nonsense while we....crawl into corner sobbing, sucking thumb.

Bull#@$!.

Clemson fans decided that Hatfield had to go and didn't give two f@#!s about his Christian values. They only care about that if you're winning.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Did you simply forget the Hatfield and Bowden years? Clemson fans dont put up with nearly the crap we do. They don't have patience for nonsense while we....crawl into corner sobbing, sucking thumb.
This must have been in pre-internet days and I was living somewhere far away as don't remember much about these Clemson coaches.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Tommy West disagrees. Tater fans jumped off the bandwagon in the 90s. Go back and look at their attendance West's last year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT