ADVERTISEMENT

Why do we have to scare visitors coming down to South Carolina on I-77 south bound

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
by posting a sign saying "Clemson University 2016 National Championship in football"

I bet Nikki put that up before she left SC...

I don't remember our back to back National Championship sign for baseball or Coastal Carolina's National Championship..

Will we have our National Championship sign for the ladies up soon???

Reactions: IrmoRed
Yeah I doubt billboards/signs go up for anything less than Football/Basketball championships.

FYI there's one on 85 North coming in from GA as well.

by posting a sign saying "Clemson University 2016 National Championship in football"

I don't remember our back to back National Championship sign for baseball or Coastal Carolina's National Championship..

It's mainly there since half the population, even with a championship, thinks Clemson is in North Carolina..

Some years back USC Aiken had their multiple golf titles on a sign in the very place you speak of.

I live in North Augusta. So I routinely cross I20. Have to see that damn tater sign every time:mad:

Reactions: nikolas22

Clemson takes every and all opportunities to send their message and market their program. How many recruits do you think come down I-77 to Columbia and see that?

We need to do better. And rip up all Clemson Road signs :) How did we let that happen.

Clemson takes every and all opportunities to send their message and market their program. How many recruits do you think come down I-77 to Columbia and see that?

We need to do better. And rip up all Clemson Road signs :) How did we let that happen.

They do know how to market...and yes, we need to do better

Don't you think a high school senior who is good enough to be an FBS recruit pays enough attention to football to already know who won the most recent national championship?

It isn't to help them in recruiting (they don't need it), I honestly think signs are there to piss off Gamecock fans. And it's working. Let's return the favor one day.

You pay the State Tourism Department. We spoke of this in an HRTA class.

Trying to discredit anything other than a football title is typical tater crap. If they ever win a national title at beaseball, men's or women's hoops it will be a big deal. Just fyi, when we won national titles in baseball a billboard was up on 385 near the roper mountain road exit in Greenville. Put up by a business owner and big gamecock fan. Anybody can pay for billboards. USC fans or the university could buy as many national title billboards we wanted for the women's national title.

There's a baseball one coming into Columbia on 1. But that's it. Not sure if MB/Conway has one for Coastal.

Both coastal and the University of South Carolina should have those green signs up as people enter our state as well. And furthermore the South Carolina title should be on top Klipsan in the middle and coastal on the bottom. ( they should be put in order of when those titles were won)

Both coastal and the University of South Carolina should have those green signs up as people enter our state as well. And furthermore the South Carolina title should be on top Klipsan in the middle and coastal on the bottom. ( they should be put in order of when those titles were won)

I saw one green sign fr the baseball team on North Main Street as you go towards Columbia from I-20...

You got to look hard to see it, if it wasn't stolen by now...

Trying to discredit anything other than a football title is typical tater crap. If they ever win a national title at beaseball, men's or women's hoops it will be a big deal. Just fyi, when we won national titles in baseball a billboard was up on 385 near the roper mountain road exit in Greenville. Put up by a business owner and big gamecock fan. Anybody can pay for billboards. USC fans or the university could buy as many national title billboards we wanted for the women's national title.
That business owner was my ex-father-in-law. A big donor to Gamecocks for a long time. He was honored at half time last year at one of the football games.

Reactions: nikolas22

I'm sure there is the exact number of Gamecock Women's National Title signs already up as the fan base wants...

But I wouldn't be opposed to one at all, since yall are technically a women's basketball school now

I hope our women's basketball coach gets out on the road and starts recruiting better this offseason so we have a chance at taking down the dynasty that is south carolina women's basketball. Go Tiger WBBall 2K17!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT