ADVERTISEMENT

Why I hope Tebow makes it as TE...or whatever he wants to do

And what does that have to do with the NFL? You say Heisman as if it made a difference in his career. Did he just win it, or am I missing something?
Who exactly are you coming to the defense of? Why are you dying on this anti-Tebow hill?

I like Tebow a lot. He's not the typical over-sexed look at me FB player.
The fact that he could be a decent person while rubbing elbows with well, a lot who aren't, says a lot about his character.

Those pics of kids just make me feel even better about him.

• Love
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Op is full of hate. Ppl upset that Tebow is getting a shot has nothing to do with Kaep. It’s that he has been out of football for 8 years and gets a try a position he refused to play before. The Pats asked him to play TE and he declined. I don’t see why you want to compare Kaep as his situation is completely different. If you want to compare them as ppl realize that Kaep is donating money to Americans and American Organizations. You know America first.

Kaep got a raw deal, to be sure. But there is a right way to do things and a wrong way. Not standing for the anthem in this country is going to rub alot of people the wrong way, regardless of race. Like wearing a hat in Sunday worship! You just can't do it no matter what the cause! I've actually walked into situations where people are in the midst of praying....I then reomve my hat and bow my head! It's just what you do!

• Love
Since Urban Meyer is bringing in former players I wonder if he'd like to bring in some of his former coaches. I'm sure Zach Smith needs a job.

Kaep got a raw deal, to be sure. But there is a right way to do things and a wrong way. Not standing for the anthem in this country is going to rub alot of people the wrong way, regardless of race. Like wearing a hat in Sunday worship! You just can't do it no matter what the cause! I've actually walked into situations where people are in the midst of praying....I then reomve my hat and bow my head! It's just what you do!
I understand the point you are making, but if people treat the flag in a way that causes them to talk about Kaepernick the way they do, ignoring biblical principles, then you've moved into idol worship, which is obviously against His commandments.

Its ok to disagree with Kap's method and pray for the country's division to be healed, but the vitriol that's spit by a lot in his direction is not God's will.

Who exactly are you coming to the defense of? Why are you dying on this anti-Tebow hill?
For the players who didn’t quit bcc they didn’t their way.
I don’t have issues with Kaep and the league, Op just lied stating Kaep is selfish and only concerned with enriching himself I what I take issue with. He praises Tebow for work in another country and ignored the good that Kaep is doing at home, also he could have made his point without bringing Kaep into this situation.

my issue with Tebow is he’s had this chance to play TE and he gave up the game. To me that’s a selfish act for a guy who states he’s willing to do whatever the team ask of him. If playing TE was out of the question then, y is it the answer now? There are way more qualified players available but those players don’t have the name recognition of Tebow so they aren’t getting a fair shot. I believe Tebow is being extremely selfish with this move.

Something was just pointed out on the Paul Finebaum show. If you are looking at a versatile player that can play several different positions Tebow is your guy.

Tebow brings more to the table than just being a TE. Tim can play special teams, promise you no one will work harder at special teams than Tebow, he can run the ball, he can play QB in certain situations, e.g., wild cat, plus he could play TE. It's possible that Tim could play at four or so different positions. That is a lot more valuable than a player that can only play TE.

Something was just pointed out on the Paul Finebaum show. If you are looking at a versatile player that can play several different positions Tebow is your guy.

Tebow brings more to the table than just being a TE. Tim can play special teams, promise you no one will work harder at special teams than Tebow, he can run the ball, he can play QB in certain situations, e.g., wild cat, plus he could play TE. It's possible that Tim could play at four or so different positions. That is a lot more valuable than a player that can only play TE.
Wow...with all that cred pretty shocking he has been NFL unemployed for 6 years.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Wow...with all that cred pretty shocking he has been NFL unemployed for 6 years.

He has never been placed in a position like this one before. Either because he didn't want to change or was not given a chance.

Why are you so anti Tebow?

What many fail to realize is that he hasn't won a roster spot yet. He may have signed a contract but all players sign some type of contract. he may not be able to cut it at age 33. If he doesn't, it was an interesting idea and one probably designed to sell tickets and jerseys. Maybe it will take heat off Fabio. If Tebow makes it, I hope he doesn't suck out loud. If he sucks out loud, they need to move on. At least let him try. His play should answer the questions.

What many fail to realize is that he hasn't won a roster spot yet. He may have signed a contract but all players sign some type of contract. he may not be able to cut it at age 33. If he doesn't, it was an interesting idea and one probably designed to sell tickets and jerseys. Maybe it will take heat off Fabio. If Tebow makes it, I hope he doesn't suck out loud. If he sucks out loud, they need to move on. At least let him try. His play should answer the questions.
Tebow, potentially has a lot to offer. Like you said, if he doesn't make the team then we can all move on. But, the scenario I heard today regarding his potential, at least makes it worth giving him a shot.

The thing is that he probably will suck out loud. He hasn't played in years and at the age of 33 I just don't see anything coming of this other than having people argue about it on a message board. In fact, he's getting more action right here, right now than he will on Sundays in the NFL. If this would have come up at least 5 years ago I think there might be some substance to the idea.

Sounds like the OP needs to grow a pair and get over it. Some people like Tebow, some don’t. Get over it.

This nothing more than a publicity stunt by the Jags. Tebow has been a terrible pro. Absolute bust. But I really don’t care what the Jags do with their $.

Both Lebron and Tebow do a lot of good. The NFL is a business and you can bet that having a homegrown hero on the team will sell tickets and merchandise. In the end, it's about making money.

Teams probably weighed the benefits vs drawbacks of having Kaep on their team. I believe it is not because of his skin color but the divisiveness his views create that causes teams to avoid him. It's okay to espouse your views and make your stance known which he did. He also owns the benefits or consequences that comes with it too. He's free to say what he wants same as the public is free to support him or not. Free speech...gotta love it.

Why was he doing that before? Why did he give up the game?

Why was he doing that before? Why did he give up the game?
I’d wager a guess it’s because he was at a different point in his life.

Don’t really see why people are bent out of shape about this. He still has to make the team.

It’s a win-win for the Jags. Takes media attention away from Fabio. Brings fan attention, jersey sales, etc. Potentially he can fill a couple of needs. He’s a guy Urban trusts, and vice versa. He’s still relatively fresh and healthy, hasn’t been beaten up. And there’s no denying he’s a very good athlete, he did decent picking baseball up after not playing since HS.

Providing he makes the team, I imagine he’ll be a short yardage, wildcat QB, FB, maybe be a passing target once or twice a game, maybe play ST.

Ah yes a 18 year veteran vs a guy that has been playing bush league for the last 5-6 years. Good comparison

Reactions: 843tjsdad78
Well, he hasn’t made it yet, but he’s been officially signed by the Jags. Glad they told the woke mob to pound sand.

Kaepernick got a shot with the Falcons and did not bother to show up. Makes you think it was a publicity stunt to help his Nike brand.

The guy is 33 years old and a former quarterback. He is there to sell jerseys. It's not more than that to most people. You seem to enjoy this whole woke angle.
200w.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT