ADVERTISEMENT

Why I see us with a chance to win in Tillman .

Since when did Clemson become such a darling of the ACC, the sports media, and football play-off committee (and huge money maker attraction) that we are now getting the extra week to prepare for difficult teams, getting the benefit of refereeing, and being considered for positions/rankings we don't deserve because someone has a financial interest. Your own Sports Suites continually harps about the wealth of the SEC, the Gamecocks, etc. and how lousy Clemson does in TV ratings. Why would they choose little ole Clemson.

Actually I do understand. Admitting that it is not a grassy knoll conspiracy would be admitting that Clemson actually deserves what it has achieved.

If I am not mistaken FSU also had an open date the week before the played Clemson

If I am not mistaken FSU also had an open date the week before the played Clemson
Pretty nice the a c c lets both teams schedule a bye before probably the biggest game of the year, for each school. Being the tallest midget in the a c c does have its perks.

Pretty nice the a c c lets both teams schedule a bye before probably the biggest game of the year, for each school. Being the tallest midget in the a c c does have its perks.

All conferences do this. FSU-Clemson is the ACC main event most years in the ACC just like ours is LSU-Alabama most years for the SEC. Guess what LSU and Alabama both had byes this past week leading up to their game against each other!

Reactions: griffgolf
All conferences do this. FSU-Clemson is the ACC main event most years in the ACC just like ours is LSU-Alabama most years for the SEC. Guess what LSU and Alabama both had byes this past week leading up to their game against each other!
Not every year. Plus, they're conference games are the SEC West. They don't get the luxury of playing one difficult game, before or after Syracuse, BC, Pitt and wake.

It's proven, dumbo doesn't fare as well if he doesn't have as long to prepare. His teams can't play real competition week in & week out and still win. They need some practice games in between.

Clemson has played terrible all season in Clemson. It has been proven by Troy and lowly NC State that any team can beat Clemson at home.

What did y'all do to Sportssuites? Where are you keeping him? I'm highly suspecting Clemson poster, Rickey Bobby, is behind this since he was only recently released from prison and now has unmonitored access to the internet.
LOL....that's funny! The only thing I can think of us that the used car business must be in the tank and he is severely depressed!

Reactions: sclawman77
I think it's a moot conversation on this point. No one doesn't know what to expect of the SEC East. The only definitive fact is that the SEC East has only won one game against the SEC West this year.

Nov games and bowls can't get her fast enough to help answer some of these questions.

Not every year. Plus, they're conference games are the SEC West. They don't get the luxury of playing one difficult game, before or after Syracuse, BC, Pitt and wake.

It's proven, dumbo doesn't fare as well if he doesn't have as long to prepare. His teams can't play real competition week in & week out and still win. They need some practice games in between.

Oh so we are putting stipulations in now. It's the same scenario you said the ACC had some kind of a conspiracy theory to protect Clemson when every conference does the same. Also there is only one SEC west. That 7 teams total that play in the hardest division out of 128 division 1 teams. The division Clemson and FSU are in is rated a good bit higher than the East that we are in. Us trying to downplay their schedule to date Is reaching.

Reactions: SandNat
Oh so we are putting stipulations in now. It's the same scenario you said the ACC had some kind of a conspiracy theory to protect Clemson when every conference does the same. Also there is only one SEC west. That 7 teams total that play in the hardest division out of 128 division 1 teams. The division Clemson and FSU are in is rated a good bit higher than the East that we are in. Us trying to downplay their schedule to date Is reaching.
So you think AL and LSU schedule bye weeks before every big game? Seriously?

Fact remains, clemsux always schedules bye weeks or has extra time to prep for big games.

So you think AL and LSU schedule bye weeks before every big game? Seriously?

Fact remains, clemsux always schedules bye weeks or has extra time to prep for big games.

No I didn't say LSU or Alabama did that. I said the conference heads do that for big conference games. Us, Alabama, LSU, Clemson, FSU, etc don't schedule conference games. The league office schedules them and they will put a LSU-Bama, Clem-FSU game after the teams have a bye week for ratings. Do you think we decided "hey with a 1st year coach lets play multiple road conference games to start the season"

Point is Clemson has nothing to do with their conference schedule order just like we don't. Schools control their OOC schedule and when those games are played.

No I didn't say LSU or Alabama did that. I said the conference heads do that for big conference games. Us, Alabama, LSU, Clemson, FSU, etc don't schedule conference games. The league office schedules them and they will put a LSU-Bama, Clem-FSU game after the teams have a bye week for ratings. Do you think we decided "hey with a 1st year coach lets play multiple road conference games to start the season"

Point is Clemson has nothing to do with their conference schedule order just like we don't. Schools control their OOC schedule and when those games are played.
Haha. If you don't think clemsux has some pull with scheduling their games & bye week, you're nuts. You won't believe it, but of course the a c c is going to bend over backwards for the team with the best shot at making the playoffs. Everyone sees that but the clemsux fans.

UGA> GT
UK > Syracuse
Vandy > BC
Missouri > WF

I don't really agree with your rankings here, but even if they are all accurate I don't see any reason why these rankings would make it harder for Clemson to go undefeated with the proposed schedule. I feel confident no one is going to argue the SEC teams you listed here are better than Clemson or would make their schedule so much tougher that it would equate to 2-3 losses.

Haha. If you don't think clemsux has some pull with scheduling their games & bye week, you're nuts. You won't believe it, but of course the a c c is going to bend over backwards for the team with the best shot at making the playoffs. Everyone sees that but the clemsux fans.
I see your point. In the last seven or eight years we played Wake Forest three times after our week off and everyone knows that is always the game we need the extra week of practice for.

UGA> GT
UK > Syracuse
Vandy > BC
Missouri > WF
Because....you want them to be?

Here, watch this:

GT > Georgia
Syracuse > UK
BC > Vandy
WF > Missouri

Why is that any less valid than what you just posted? Because in your version, the SEC is better than the ACC? Hey, at least we'll get to find out in a month whether GT is better than Georgia or not.

Reactions: SandNat
I see your point. In the last seven or eight years we played Wake Forest three times after our week off and everyone knows that is always the game we need the extra week of practice for.
Those years, what was clemsux ranked? I bet FL St was the darling of the a c c then & clemsux didn't have as much pull.

Those years, what was clemsux ranked? I bet FL St was the darling of the a c c then & clemsux didn't have as much pull.
So we've established that the favored teams to make post-season runs in a given conference are given favorable scheduling (sometimes) by the conference offices, yes? We've shown that this is the case for Alabama and LSU, and sometimes FSU and sometimes Clemson, depending on who is projected to be the better team, and OSU and Michigan, and so on. You're arguing that the conference office actually wouldn't favorably schedule certain games without Alabama or Clemson or OSU lobbying them to do so?

What a strange conversation. It happens in every league. It's not an ACC thing or a Clemson thing, and not everything you see about Clemson is a conspiracy theory. I'm pretty certain the ACC has traditionally disliked Clemson more than they've favored them.

So we've established that the favored teams to make post-season runs in a given conference are given favorable scheduling (sometimes) by the conference offices, yes? We've shown that this is the case for Alabama and LSU, and sometimes FSU and sometimes Clemson, depending on who is projected to be the better team, and OSU and Michigan, and so on. You're arguing that the conference office actually wouldn't favorably schedule certain games without Alabama or Clemson or OSU lobbying them to do so?

What a strange conversation. It happens in every league. It's not an ACC thing or a Clemson thing, and not everything you see about Clemson is a conspiracy theory. I'm pretty certain the ACC has traditionally disliked Clemson more than they've favored them.
K

Of course they do!!! This is getting stupid. Your trying to say partial truths, omitting facts, and adding a little fiction in to make your narrative. If that helps you get thru the day that's fine. It's not the truth though.

- no team makes their conference schedule the leagues do.
- of course Clemson and FSU get more pull in the ACC
- LSU and Bama get more pull in the SEC
- move on to basketball and Clem FSU will be swapped for UNC and Duke
- in the SEC it will move to Kentucky as getting extra pull
- guess why we were shown more than pretty much every other baseball team last year? Because we have pull from being a national brand!!!

So yes Clemson gets pull in football, now you stop there to make it seem like the NCAA and ACC just gives them all this favoritism and no one else. Then add in that's the reason they win games. The NCAA, ACC, SEC, etc are out to make money. The leagues show favoritism to all their bell cows for each sport. Clemson FSU currently is that for the ACC in football just like Alabama, LSU for the SEC, Ohio st, Michigan for the big 10 and so on.

Reactions: Will4Clemson
This is almost the exact situation that clemson beat South Carolina two years ago.

They had a QB come in the summer and not take a snap until half season over and was the starter? And a Rb that saw no fall action either till half way through season ? I didn't realize that.

I don't really agree with your rankings here, but even if they are all accurate I don't see any reason why these rankings would make it harder for Clemson to go undefeated with the proposed schedule. I feel confident no one is going to argue the SEC teams you listed here are better than Clemson or would make their schedule so much tougher that it would equate to 2-3 losses.

I didn't even mention Clemson. I only responded with my opinion of which team would win in a head to head match up.

Of course they do!!! This is getting stupid. Your trying to say partial truths, omitting facts, and adding a little fiction in to make your narrative. If that helps you get thru the day that's fine. It's not the truth though.

- guess why we were shown more than pretty much every other baseball team last year? Because we have pull from being a national brand!!!

So yes Clemson gets pull in football, now you stop there to make it seem like the NCAA and ACC just gives them all this favoritism and no one else. Then add in that's the reason they win games. The NCAA, ACC, SEC, etc are out to make money. The leagues show favoritism to all their bell cows for each sport. Clemson FSU currently is that for the ACC in football just like Alabama, LSU for the SEC, Ohio st, Michigan for the big 10 and so on.
Finally a clemsux fan admitting the a c c helps with their schedule. Which for the last few years, has been favorable with the bye weeks before one of the only big conference games y'all have.

The dumb clemsux homer on your radio station was dogmatic that it wasn't favorable for clemsux & was totally out of their conotrol. Which is BS.

Here, watch this:

GT > Georgia
Syracuse > UK
BC > Vandy
WF > Missouri

Why is that any less valid than what you just posted? Because in your version, the SEC is better than the ACC? Hey, at least we'll get to find out in a month whether GT is better than Georgia or not.

I'm sorry.... I didn't see anything in the rules of this site

Here, watch this:

GT > Georgia
Syracuse > UK
BC > Vandy
WF > Missouri

Dude, everyone is speculating which teams are better than others, so I gave MY OPINION. You can have a different opinion. It doesn't make either of us right or wrong. STOP LOOKING FOR AN ARGUMENT.

I'm sorry.... I didn't see anything in the rules of this site

Dude, everyone is speculating which teams are better than others, so I gave MY OPINION. You can have a different opinion. It doesn't make either of us right or wrong. STOP LOOKING FOR AN ARGUMENT.
But then what will I do with my time?

Post on your own board & not your rival's?
Oh, right, the "I'm must be a Clemson fan and not a Gamecock" thing, because I point out how ridiculous you being a self-appointed board policeman is. Nailed it, as usual, Upstate. At least you're predictable, the same way we know exactly when a broken record is going to skip.

Oh, right, the "I'm must be a Clemson fan and not a Gamecock" thing, because I point out how ridiculous you being a self-appointed board policeman is. Nailed it, as usual, Upstate. At least you're predictable, the same way we know exactly when a broken record is going to skip.
You're the broken record, dude. Anything not pro clemsux & you're all over it. Sorry the truth hurts your tigger feelings.

Last edited:
They had a QB come in the summer and not take a snap until half season over and was the starter? And a Rb that saw no fall action either till half way through season ? I didn't realize that.
They did have a freshmen qb with only one heathy leg and still won

Can USC use that "pull" in baseball to get the tournament moved out of Hoover please?

This has really turned in to a silly thread. What I have learned,
  • College Football powers that be, want Clemson to be in the NC game and the committee fixed the vote to move them in front of the Michigan in their quest to to that. Because they want to have a rematch between Al and CLE rather than a Saban vs Harboughr matchup? They wanted an SEC vs acc rather than SEC vs BIG matchup? They kept this quiet, but make no mistake . The fix was in for Clemson.
  • The ACC "always" fixes Clemson schedule so they have a longer period to prepare for big games. This explains why last year , the ACC scheduled Clemson to play on Sat Sept 12th and then play at Louisville 5 days later on THURSDAY september 17th. Hmm, that was nice of them.
  • SEC teams that win with miraculous ending (TN for example) deserve the wins , Clemson is only lucky.
  • SEC east is packed with better talent top to bottom when compared to the ACC. Nevermind that they are all competing for the same kids in recruiting. Scratching my head on that one.
  • The ACC is a weak , weak conference...but the Media prefers them over all others in the playoffs.

Atleast we can all agree the big 10, pac 12, and big 12 suck and should switch to club level ultimate frisbee where they belong. Oh yes, and the ACC, too.

Sorry to tinkle on your theory, but since 2008 FSU has had open dates against Wake Forest (twice), NC State twice), UNC, VaTech, Louisville, and Clemson (twice)..........and since Clemson sucks, we can't count those as difficulty games. Got another theory?

I don't agree with much of what you say at all and the bowl season will prove it out. One way or another. I will say that for some reason there is a lack of really good qb these days. Not sure they are being taught as youngsters like they once were. Any ideas?

Sorry to tinkle on your theory, but since 2008 FSU has had open dates against Wake Forest (twice), NC State twice), UNC, VaTech, Louisville, and Clemson (twice)..........and since Clemson sucks, we can't count those as difficulty games. Got another theory?
You're on post #12? Wow, you must be an expert now.

clemsux bye schedule for the last 3 years:

2016: before Fl St
2015: before the ND game (actually 9 days between games)
2015: before Fl St

Any more excuses from excuse u?

Thank you very much! Yes, I do consider myself an expert.......you...well not so much. Have fun playing on the grassy knoll!

And this is because Dabo himself called John Swofford and told him the schedule he wants? If it's that easy, why doesn't Muschamp pick up the phone? Seems he's missing a prime opportunity here.

Thank you very much! Yes, I do consider myself an expert.......you...well not so much. Have fun playing on the grassy knoll!
As usual, you clemsux fans think way too much of yourselves. enjoy this run while you can, you'll be clemsuxing again soon. escaped 3 times this season by the skin of your teeth. Come back to your rival's board when you're losing again. I'm pretty sure you weren't joining your rival's board during the 5 year beat down. clemsux are mainly cowards, so we get it.

And this is because Dabo himself called John Swofford and told him the schedule he wants? If it's that easy, why doesn't Muschamp pick up the phone? Seems he's missing a prime opportunity here.
you clemsux fans are so full of yourselves.

I bet dumbo had swofford (who is he, anyway?) pull names out of hat. Yeah, that's what happened. For the last 3 years, clemsux had bye weeks before FL St & ND and it just randomly happened. That's pretty lucky. you should get dumbo to pick some lotto numbers for ya.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT