ADVERTISEMENT

Why I see us with a chance to win in Tillman .

you clemsux fans are so full of yourselves.

I bet dumbo had swofford (who is he, anyway?) pull names out of hat. Yeah, that's what happened. For the last 3 years, clemsux had bye weeks before FL St & ND and it just randomly happened. That's pretty lucky. you should get dumbo to pick some lotto numbers for ya.
Are you dense? Who ever said it was random? Every. Single. Conference. Schedules favorably for their top teams. Including the SEC. Do you think it's random that Bama and LSU are off this week? Of course not. Do you think it's because Saban and Miles called the office and requested bye weeks before that matchup? Of course not. What are you missing here? I'm certain you're smarter than this.

Are you dense? Who ever said it was random? Every. Single. Conference. Schedules favorably for their top teams. Including the SEC. Do you think it's random that Bama and LSU are off this week? Of course not. Do you think it's because Saban and Miles called the office and requested bye weeks before that matchup? Of course not. What are you missing here? I'm certain you're smarter than this.

Are you even reading what you're typing? you act stupid and say dumbo calls, so it's that easy. then you say it's not perfectly random. You cant have it both ways.

I'm saying clemsux does have a say in their schedule. Most clemsux fans will deny it happens. BS.

Is that too difficult for you to comprehend? Trying using the left side of your brain now. Even if it takes you a little longer. It's okay to be slow.

Are you even reading what you're typing? you act stupid and say dumbo calls, so it's that easy. then you say it's not perfectly random. You cant have it both ways.

I'm saying clemsux does have a say in their schedule. most clemsux fans will deny it happens. BS.

Is that too difficult for you to comprehend? Trying using the left side of your brain now. Even if it takes you a little longer. It's okay to be slow.
I can explain it to you. I can't understand it for you.

These are the priceless gems that so many look forward to reading. The Clemson SOS is the sole reason that Clemson moved to number 2 in the playoff poll. Keep them coming .
Hope you are #1 when we play you in Clemson Memorial Stadium. If the Cubs can do it so can we. If we don't, sweet revenge in WB next season.

who are you equating, Aub , Lou, and FSU with?
Auburn was finding itself when you played them in the first game. Auburn would beat you badly now. Louisville escaped defeat by the skin of their teeth against one of the worst programs in America, Virginia. FSU is to be feared by no one. NC State will probably beat them this week. Lets take Alabama at home or anywhere, LSU in Baton Rouge on Sat. nite and Texas A@M.

Finally a clemsux fan admitting the a c c helps with their schedule. Which for the last few years, has been favorable with the bye weeks before one of the only big conference games y'all have.

The dumb clemsux homer on your radio station was dogmatic that it wasn't favorable for clemsux & was totally out of their conotrol. Which is BS.

Not a clemsux fan, actually a member here. Would recommend you join the insider forum as well as much as you get aggravated Clemson fans are on here. Fact is this is a gamecock free board were rivals and other teams we play fans will come to talk sports. If you don't want them around you have to pay the 10 dollars a month to join the insider.

I just don't follow your point of view of Clemson only wins because of luck, ACC and NCAA showing them favoritism and all the other reasons you can come up with not to give a ounce of credit to them.

Reactions: griffgolf
Quote; "Is that too difficult for you to comprehend?"

Pretty easy to comprehend.....just wrong!

Head & shoulders better? Dude OSU lost to an average Penn state team & I'm not sold on UM yet. Let's be realistic here; LSU, A&M & UF could hang with your said teams, not just Bama. You are delusional.
GCBlack...please do not try to say that SEC teams are on par with any of those teams.....We all suck big ones and all these teams are just chomping at the bit to play them in a bowl game. ACC has passed all of the SEC-EAST teams and half of the west....;););)

Have you not heard? The SEC-East is the worse power 5 conference DIV in the WORLD. It is amazing how badly we stink.

GCBlack...please do not try to say that SEC teams are on par with any of those teams.....We all suck big ones and all these teams are just chomping at the bit to play them in a bowl game. ACC has passed all of the SEC-EAST teams and half of the west....;););)

Have you not heard? The SEC-East is the worse power 5 conference DIV in the WORLD. It is amazing how badly we stink.
If a blog that rearranges the actual data it cites says it, it must be true!

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
I can explain it to you. I can't understand it for you.
Staniel, he may be right. The power players in the conference control it...how else would you explain that Boston College's bye weeks have been before ND, FL St. and Fl.St the past 3 years or that Pitt always gets theirs before Va. Tech or Syracuse before Clemson? ACC Motto: "We Must Protect the Elite!"

Let's try this one more time. Do you think Nick Saban calls the SEC office and tells them when to schedule Alabama's bye week?
I bet he emails. dumbo might call.

You've already admitted the schedule isn't totally random. So that leaves the option of favorable scheduling.

My point, since you obviously missed it and wanted to get snippy and make ludicrous assumptions, is that many clemsux fans won't admit they've been given a favorable schedule. The doofus homer on the radio said it was out of clemsux hands & they had no control over it. One more time, that's BS.

Not a clemsux fan, actually a member here. Would recommend you join the insider forum as well as much as you get aggravated Clemson fans are on here. Fact is this is a gamecock free board were rivals and other teams we play fans will come to talk sports. If you don't want them around you have to pay the 10 dollars a month to join the insider.

I just don't follow your point of view of Clemson only wins because of luck, ACC and NCAA showing them favoritism and all the other reasons you can come up with not to give a ounce of credit to them.
It is a free board, but the clemsux trolls lurking on their rival's board should not be surprised wheb Carolina fans challenge their outrageous claims.

clemsux has had a good run and watson is talented. However, they've been very lucky and caught a lot of breaks. The delusional clemsux fans think they're the next AL, which is laughable.

I bet he emails. dumbo might call.

You've already admitted the schedule isn't totally random. So that leaves the option of favorable scheduling.

My point, since you obviously missed it and wanted to get snippy and make ludicrous assumptions, is that many clemsux fans won't admit they've been given a favorable schedule. The doofus homer on the radio said it was out of clemsux hands & they had no control over it. One more time, that's BS.
So you ARE dense. Clemson gets favorable scheduling (when they're projected to be one of the top teams in the ACC in a given year). We agree, yes? So does FSU, some years (like, every one of the last 20, roughly). So does Alabama, because Alabama. So does LSU, because Alabama's main competition. So do OSU and Michigan. It's not coincidence, it's a fact, and as near as I can tell, we agree on this point.

You are contending that this happens because Dabo has some sort of pull with the ACC office and commissioner, which ostensibly means Nick Saban and Urban Meyer also have pull with their respective offices. The truth of the matter is that the ACC, SEC, and BIG12 all want to maximize profits, both from TV revenue and bowl payouts. How would a given conference do this? By scheduling their top teams favorably. The SEC wasn't about to give Saban and Alabama a tough game the weekend before playing LSU, and then thought better of it because Nick picked up the phone and called Sankey. It happens regardless of what Saban, Swinney, and Meyer say, because conferences like money and want more of it. The doofus on the radio was correct.

Please, PLEASE tell me you've grasped this concept now. Dabo isn't a puppet master and he isn't pulling strings in the conference offices. Dabo is a goober who happens to have a team that has potential to make a lot of money for his conference.

Now, please...argue some more.

Reactions: rogue cock
I would say that yes, you definitely lost to NC State. They beat themselves.
You are right.....I forgot what the little asterisk was for beside our 8 - 0* record.

*Note: Technically Clemson did not win this game because the NC State kicker should have made the short field goal. In future games, field goals under 30 yards will not have to be kicked and an automatic 3 points will be added to the offensive team's score.

Incidentally, I shot a smooth 73 at Spring Valley CC yesterday. I didn't count the three two-foot putts I should have made or the couple of balls that went in the water, as I shouldn't have chili dipped them.

Reactions: CockerStaniel
You are right.....I forgot what the little asterisk was for beside our 8 - 0* record.

*Note: Technically Clemson did not win this game because the NC State kicker should have made the short field goal. In future games, field goals under 30 yards will not have to be kicked and an automatic 3 points will be added to the offensive team's score.

Incidentally, I shot a smooth 73 at Spring Valley CC yesterday. I didn't count the three two-foot putts I should have made or the couple of balls that went in the water, as I shouldn't have chili dipped them.
You beat yourself.

Look, Clemson won that game but if we're being honest here it hit a point in the game where Clemson did not have control over whether they were going to lose or not. At the end of the day, NC State missed a high probability scoring opportunity, thus giving Clemson a chance again. Clemson is legitimately 8-0, but obtaining that record was not entirely in their power.

So you ARE dense. Clemson gets favorable scheduling (when they're projected to be one of the top teams in the ACC in a given year). We agree, yes? So does FSU, some years (like, every one of the last 20, roughly). So does Alabama, because Alabama. So does LSU, because Alabama's main competition. So do OSU and Michigan. It's not coincidence, it's a fact, and as near as I can tell, we agree on this point.

You are contending that this happens because Dabo has some sort of pull with the ACC office and commissioner, which ostensibly means Nick Saban and Urban Meyer also have pull with their respective offices. The truth of the matter is that the ACC, SEC, and BIG12 all want to maximize profits, both from TV revenue and bowl payouts. How would a given conference do this? By scheduling their top teams favorably. The SEC wasn't about to give Saban and Alabama a tough game the weekend before playing LSU, and then thought better of it because Nick picked up the phone and called Sankey. It happens regardless of what Saban, Swinney, and Meyer say, because conferences like money and want more of it. The doofus on the radio was correct.

Please, PLEASE tell me you've grasped this concept now. Dabo isn't a puppet master and he isn't pulling strings in the conference offices. Dabo is a goober who happens to have a team that has potential to make a lot of money for his conference.

Now, please...argue some more.
So reading comprehension isn't your strongsuit, either. Or more likely, you're just daft. Really, take as long as you need to read this, ask some friends to explain it to you (not your fellow clemsux homers): the clemsux buy weeks aren't random. My point (re-read, if necessary) most clemsux fans will deny they're given a favorable schedule. If it was totally random, clemsux wouldn't have had their buy week for the last 3 years before Fl st (twice) and ND. Please feel free to use a dictionary or consider some tutoring? It's all in English and I tried not to use big words. Good luck.

So reading comprehension isn't your strongsuit, either. Or more likely, you're just daft. Really, take as long as you need to read this, ask some friends to explain it to you (not your fellow clemsux homers): the clemsux buy weeks aren't random. My point (re-read, if necessary) most clemsux fans will deny they're given a favorable schedule. If it was totally random, clemsux wouldn't have had their buy week for the last 3 years before Fl st (twice) and ND. Please feel free to use a dictionary or consider some tutoring? It's all in English and I tried not to use big words. Good luck.
Oh, got it. You're just changing your argument now from "Clemson controls their scheduling!" to "Just kidding, but most Clemson fans say scheduling is random and it's not!"

That works for me.

Oh, got it. You're just changing your argument now from "Clemson controls their scheduling!" to "Just kidding, but most Clemson fans say scheduling is random and it's not!"

That works for me.
Haha. You really need to understand when it's acceptable to use quotes, because you're not quoting me, you're making up lies. That's called libel in courts. I'm not changing at all. Again, take all the time you need to re-read my posts.

clemsux most definitely has pull with the a c c with their scheduling. My point (again) is that many clemsux fans deny this happens, like it's totally random. Once again, BS.

your quote: "clemsux most definitely has pull with the a c c with their scheduling."

Proof.....any smidgeon is OK! Plus it's Clemson...not Clemsux. Your slandering of Clemson's name is already evidence that you can't be objective.

Look, Clemson won that game but if we're being honest here it hit a point in the game where Clemson did not have control over whether they were going to lose or not. At the end of the day, NC State missed a high probability scoring opportunity, thus giving Clemson a chance again. Clemson is legitimately 8-0, but obtaining that record was not entirely in their power.
You are correct, but just about every team that has a great season has several games where that is the case. Yes....there is some degree of luck, with the ball bouncing your way, in every season. I am sure you recall the Georgia - Auburn tipped pass.....the Alabama field goal attempt versus Auburn.

your quote: "clemsux most definitely has pull with the a c c with their scheduling."

Proof.....any smidgeon is OK! Plus it's Clemson...not Clemsux. Your slandering of Clemson's name is already evidence that you can't be objective.
It's always clemsux, dude. clem sucks! Ya'll think way too much of yourselves, always have. Pious bunch of self-absorbed jerks.

So the clemsux bye week for the last three years (before the ND game and 2 Fl St games) was totally random? It just happened that way? That's what you're saying? Any smidgen (check your spelling) of proof is OK!

They have more talent this year and a home field advantage. Watson is a very good QB and has excellent recievers however it is their defensive line that bothers me most. Reguardless our chances are much improved with our present ability to move the football and our turnover ratios.
Our future looks very bright and hopefully we can continue to improve and pull what would be considered an upset this year in taterville. Think this time next year we will definately be liking our chances..

It's always clemsux, dude. clem sucks! Ya'll think way too much of yourselves, always have. Pious bunch of self-absorbed jerks.

So the clemsux bye week for the last three years (before the ND game and 2 Fl St games) was totally random? It just happened that way? That's what you're saying? Any smidgen (check your spelling) of proof is OK!
Once the name calling starts, it's proof that you have lost the argument. The fact that we had a week off before the FSU games and Notre Dame is proof that Clemson has influence in manipulating the schedule....huh....really! Does Dabo or the AD call up to Swofford's office and beg or do they call and order them to give us those weeks off. I guess we insisted on the Thursday night game and Friday night game tomorrow!

Once the name calling starts, it's proof that you have lost the argument. The fact that we had a week off before the FSU games and Notre Dame is proof that Clemson has influence in manipulating the schedule....huh....really! Does Dabo or the AD call up to Swofford's office and beg or do they call and order them to give us those weeks off. I guess we insisted on the Thursday night game and Friday night game tomorrow!
That bye schedule for the last 3 years didn't magically happen, all before one of the only real conference games ya'll have a year. You don't think someone at clemsux has conversations with the conference about their schedule? Right.

Nobody believes you, dude. You're arguing with your rival on their board. Sad.

Last edited:

Clemsux sounds about right to me also tater.. Besides what kool-aid drinking tater is ever objective.. LOL

.......and Condi Rice knows more about college football than all of the experts on this site....guaranteed.

You know I love you bro, but "buy week," then a "use a dictionary" and "not using big words" comment? Take a step back and let me handle these lil tiggers. You're off your game tonight.

Their season will prob end in their first playoff match. Then with Watson gone, it's all downhill from there. Then we'll let their sour grapes turn into a sweet red whine.

So go ahead little tiglets, tell us all how terrible we are and how great you've become. Like everything, nothing lasts forever. The Bowden days are just around the corner.

Sorry guys to come in with such a strong first post. Play time is over.

Please cite one single instance of Spurrier ever saying anything remotely like this. Go ahead, we'll wait....

Glad you didn't have to wait too long.

On winning an SEC title compared to beating Clemson: “What I've also learned at South Carolina, our fans realize there's more to life than winning the SEC championship. They really do. We're in a state with Clemson. Clemson used to pretty much own South Carolina in football, no question about it. We have a state championship trophy. If you ask our fans at South Carolina, I can assure you a majority would say, ‘We would rather beat Clemson than win the SEC.' That is how big it is to them, that one game. Personally, I'd rather win the SEC. I don't mind saying that. Personally, that's the bigger trophy.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/108342/looking-back-at-steve-spurriers-best-quotes

Last edited:
You know I love you bro, but "buy week," then a "use a dictionary" and "not using big words" comment? Take a step back and let me handle these lil tiggers. You're off your game tonight.

Their season will prob end in their first playoff match. Then with Watson gone, it's all downhill from there. Then we'll let their sour grapes turn into a sweet red whine.

So go ahead little tiglets, tell us all how terrible we are and how great you've become. Like everything, nothing lasts forever. The Bowden days are just around the corner.

Sorry guys to come in with such a strong first post. Play time is over.

Ironic post is ironic.

Not likely but possible. We certainly had a chance last year and if not for Watson third down throw on third and long at end of game, they did not look like they could stop us in 4th Qtr. We will not be intimidated, that is for sure. We would have to get perfect execution from offense, and 2-3 turnovers from Clemson to keep up on the scoreboard, JMO

Yeah, Troy is amazing. Almost beat the "#2" team in the nation at the wannabe "death valley". Y'all will pull a clemsux soon. It's what you do. #clemsuxing
"To me, @ClemsonFB is the best team in the country." - @KirkHerbstreit bringing this morning.

Apparently you and Herbie disagree!

So you guys really believe we are better than Louisville, Auburn and Florida State? Lol. Glad the extreme optimism is back I guess. I guess we should be ranked just outside the top 4 in the playoff rankings tomorrow night then.
I know Clemson has a strong team - they've proven that - BUT, they do benefit from their schedule and always will playing in the ACC. They also happened to get Auburn first game when Auburn was anything but great with no offense/QB set in yet, and with an established QB would likely won that night. Auburn's gotten much better since. They were fortunate to have Louisville at home as they did Notre Dame last year and it was a HUGE advantage for them. IMO Fla State is very overrated although, except for blown coverage on that last TD drive and some bad calls, could've pulled the upset. Doubt we win this year but think we're definitely on the road back!

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
"To me, @ClemsonFB is the best team in the country." - @KirkHerbstreit bringing this morning.

Apparently you and Herbie disagree!
Wow. That really hurts. Herbie isn't the crux of college football. He's been wrong before, many times. It'll make the fall for clemsux much sweeter.

Just goes to show, Troy benefits from a weak schedule just like Clemson, don't they?
Huh? Clemson currently has a top 5 SoS..... what the hell are you talking about?

Boy, you sure don't watch anyone play but Clemson do you? We are winning with the best group of freshmen in the country, have a top 10 class coming in on the heels of last year's disaster and the best staff of recruiters in the land and you say the talent level is low for the forseeable future.
We just beat 2 of the worst teams in the ENTIRE nation (UMASS and METHzoo) and a Tennessee team that's been absolutely decimated by injury. Again, what the hell are you talking about?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT