ADVERTISEMENT

Why is it....

SCGamecock79

Sep 3, 2004
That when you bring up the fact that we are in the sweet 16 and they lost in the first round of the NIT to Oakland they bring up the fact the beat us in Football, Basketball (Without our best player) and the series in baseball lol those has nothing to do with us being in the Sweet 16 I just find it funny.

Same reason a Gamecock fan would say the same thing if it were reversed. The way this forum melts over anything Clemson. If we beat them in all sports we would likely break the Internet. Sad but true
Sorry I can't cosign what your saying but I'm embarrassed sometimes how USC fans ride Clemmons balls.

Same reason a Gamecock fan would say the same thing if it were reversed.

This. They own us. If an insane miracle happens & the Cocks win the whole shebang, we'll have a black mark on our season because "Athletic Department Policy" allowed the Clemmers to come into Columbia & beat us, even though they had no business doing so.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
The University of Clemson is founded on the hatred of USC. Their whole identity is wrapped up in hating us. There is absolutely no way anyone could argue which fan base hates the other more. I know the ones on this forum may be the exception, but the vast majority of University of Clemson fan I have encountered hates us maximally. It is what they live for. They love beating us more than winning their conference or even the national title.

The University of Clemson is founded on the hatred of USC. Their whole identity is wrapped up in hating us. There is absolutely no way anyone could argue which fan base hates the other more. I know the ones on this forum may be the exception, but the vast majority of University of Clemson fan I have encountered hates us maximally. It is what they live for. They love beating us more than winning their conference or even the national title.

I read somewhere that it was a USC graduate legislator that cast the deciding vote to establish Clemson University. So in effect, if that is true, The USC is their founding father. What could he have possibly been thinking?

I went to my granddaughter's middle school soccer game and I asked a man who was wearing a black hat (with a black on black lower case g, maybe a golf hat?) if that was a South Carolina hat. He was a Clemson fan and said NO NEVER. On my way out, I said nice Gamecock hat and walked on. He did not reply. I noticed later that his wife had orange on.

Reactions: BigTomE
This. They own us. If an insane miracle happens & the Cocks win the whole shebang, we'll have a black mark on our season because "Athletic Department Policy" allowed the Clemmers to come into Columbia & beat us, even though they had no business doing so.
I'd gladly take that "black mark", as the title would absolutely obliterate it, in everyone's (us and Clemson) eyes.

When we worry about what Clem(p)son tiger fans think, we give them to much influence....just stop listening to them. Right now they are riding high but things always change....always do!

Reactions: rogue cock
They feel any glory directed at USC is subtracted from the horse they rode in on. They believe all glory is theirs. They are an insecure bunch.

If we win the whole thing, then I could care less what Clemson thinks. I think that's jumping way ahead, but what better way to poo-poo on their natty than to win one of our own in basketball?

Reactions: GC2020

I know some posters give you hell for being blunt about a lot of 'policies' in our athletic department that are counter productive to winning, but, again, you hit the nail on the head with this ^^^ post.

That when you bring up the fact that we are in the sweet 16 and they lost in the first round of the NIT to Oakland they bring up the fact the beat us in Football, Basketball (Without our best player) and the series in baseball lol those has nothing to do with us being in the Sweet 16 I just find it funny.
Why is it that we let them live in our heads rent free?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT